CIMG8387.jpg

CIMG8388.jpg

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
Hai Kee Teochew Char Kway Teow @ Commonwealth Ave FC. S$3 portion

28m0bkl.jpg

2zdsocz.jpg

this stall is it nice, that time saw the makan show wanted to try but did not open when i go there. any ideas of the opening hrs

ahboy72

Reaction score
Tai Wah Pork Noodle @ Hong Lim HC, level 2. S$3 portion.
14obxbt.jpg

166bsjp.jpg

never try this stall becoz the young boss looks like sian sian, do things like no strength like that. i know he's related to the famous tai wah noodle at crawford lane. if i'm at hong lim in the morning b4 9am i'll go for 1) Outram CKT 2)Hainanness curry pork chop rice (1st flr racing wet market) 3) Wanton noodles 1st floor same row as the Deli snacks.

ahboy72

Reaction score
Bukit Purmei Lor Mee @ Blk 109 Bukit Purmei Road. S$3 portion. I like the type of noodles they used and the ingredients but seem like lot of MSG is added in the process. :eek:
53reh1.jpg

30dkuvp.jpg

my fav lor mee!!!! but i always order kuay tiao

ahboy72

Reaction score
Tried both. Fook Seng Goldenhill one 'really no horse run'. :D

Fook Seng GoldenHill Chicken Rice @ Block 37 Jalan Rumah Tinggi. S$3 Portion. BTW they start serving Chicken Rice only after 11:30am or so.
10zs9zk.jpg

10z4ju8.jpg

2hic7q1.jpg

29wr7tk.jpg

website
http://www.singaporechickenrice.com/

have you tried the kopi stall nearby ?? cannot remember the blk number but they got good kopi, steamed bread with kaya.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he can at least get silver for his IPPT one. ;)

never try this stall becoz the young boss looks like sian sian, do things like no strength like that. i know he's related to the famous tai wah noodle at crawford lane. if i'm at hong lim in the morning b4 9am i'll go for 1) Outram CKT 2)Hainanness curry pork chop rice (1st flr racing wet market) 3) Wanton noodles 1st floor same row as the Deli snacks.

Blk 28 huh?

have you tried the kopi stall nearby ?? cannot remember the blk number but they got good kopi, steamed bread with kaya.

ahboy72

Reaction score
Blk 28 huh?[/quote]

check streetdirectory.com should be either blk 58 or 59 lengkok bahru.we have quite similar taste for hawker food. like the wanton noodles at mei ling, stalls in honglim, lor mee at bt purmei etchave you tried the chicken rice at tanglin halt blk 47, the stall is facing the open air carpark beside the tanglin halt hawker ctr? the rice and chicken got standard (remind me of tian tian at maxwell). but the chilli got bitter taste coz i think they squeeze the lime juice they never take out the seeds. i never take pictures coz i very greedy, everytime the food is served i will eat first by the time i remember to take pictures i've already finished the food

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
This one??? http://ieatishootipost.sg/2008/11/seng-hong-coffeeshop-blast-from-past.html

The Chicken Rice i will go try. :D

Blk 28 huh?

check streetdirectory.com should be either blk 58 or 59 lengkok bahru.we have quite similar taste for hawker food. like the wanton noodles at mei ling, stalls in honglim, lor mee at bt purmei etchave you tried the chicken rice at tanglin halt blk 47, the stall is facing the open air carpark beside the tanglin halt hawker ctr? the rice and chicken got standard (remind me of tian tian at maxwell). but the chilli got bitter taste coz i think they squeeze the lime juice they never take out the seeds. i never take pictures coz i very greedy, everytime the food is served i will eat first by the time i remember to take pictures i've already finished the food

ahboy72

Reaction score
yap i saw ieat blog and gave it a try. the kopi not bad.

try the chicken rice at tanglin halt and give you verdict :)

Last edited:

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh i thought the TAI WAH at hong lim is the chiong version, no?
Hill street TAI HWA then is the original what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.