Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilrazor

Master Member
Reaction score
ya actually is $2039.. but they add this add that total $3078!!! :s31:

but i saw afew rave about dakin too..

anyone got anyidea how much a servicing cost each time??

yea the material used all tat ard there bah

mine using k flex 3/8 one... urs armaflex is the best liao

daikin i heard from the pple doing my hse electricity for the aircon tat daikin last time good but nowadays the newer one not so liao... very easily spoilt... dunno hw true is it

mihoger

Reaction score
yea the material used all tat ard there bah

mine using k flex 3/8 one... urs armaflex is the best liao

daikin i heard from the pple doing my hse electricity for the aircon tat daikin last time good but nowadays the newer one not so liao... very easily spoilt... dunno hw true is it

maybe gettin too popular , that's why things went "down" for them...

but thanks!!
i dunno anything about aircon..

from the replied.
i guess is a good choice..

thanks!;)

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fixed up Daikin MA56EV1 and 4 FCU yesterday.. used back all the drainage and piping..

frankly speaking i feel its way better than Fujitsu.. though now it takes longer time to cool the entire room.. nevertheless the money its well spent.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fixed up Daikin MA56EV1 and 4 FCU yesterday.. used back all the drainage and piping..

frankly speaking i feel its way better than Fujitsu.. though now it takes longer time to cool the entire room.. nevertheless the money its well spent.
4 FCU all 9k btu?

copp3r

Reaction score
ya actually is $2039.. but they add this add that total $3078!!! :s31:

but i saw afew rave about dakin too..

anyone got anyidea how much a servicing cost each time??

wow. i was shocked when i saw your price tag.
i paid $2180 for my system-2 mitsubishi electric inverter.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score

yes all 9k BTU!

wahahaha... tis to be expected coz our previous Fujitsu was a monster! It almost didn't fit into the 'HDB-aircon-balcony'.

and we think alike, my previous Fujitsu was fitted with 4x 9k BTU fancoils :s13:

but not the new one... although HDB living rooms are small, with several pple inside i think a larger fancoil would cool faster. :s7:

Did you change all the piping? And what Gas were you using? Invertor or non? Other than taking longer time to cool, any other observations? Noise level? others?

LoveYourAirCon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been looking around for a new System 3 for my home and most likely going to head down to a reputable dealer to place order this weekend. I have checked out the newspapers promotion by Courts, and among the brands I feel most comfortable with Panasonic so far. I would like to have an Inverter system as I will not be using the aircon 24/7, so I would expect a higher return energy savings.

Panasonic's System 3 looks alittle costlier than most other brands, however their indoor units come with a handful worth of valuable features. For instance, there is an in-built independent advanced air purifier with patrol sensor and active e-ions that deactivates bacteria 24/7, two compressors in their outdoor units for energy savings when you turn on 1 or 2 indoor units out of 3, their new launched JKZ series models look stylish and modern, powerful air flow with a larger cross flow fan, blue fin condenser for longer life of outdoor unit.

Hope everyone please share your own opinions and/or personal experiences...

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been looking around for a new System 3 for my home and most likely going to head down to a reputable dealer to place order this weekend. I have checked out the newspapers promotion by Courts, and among the brands I feel most comfortable with Panasonic so far. I would like to have an Inverter system as I will not be using the aircon 24/7, so I would expect a higher return energy savings.

Panasonic's System 3 looks alittle costlier than most other brands, however their indoor units come with a handful worth of valuable features. For instance, there is an in-built independent advanced air purifier with patrol sensor and active e-ions that deactivates bacteria 24/7, two compressors in their outdoor units for energy savings when you turn on 1 or 2 indoor units out of 3, their new launched JKZ series models look stylish and modern, powerful air flow with a larger cross flow fan, blue fin condenser for longer life of outdoor unit.

its better for u to get non-inverter system. if u not using for more than 10hours usage, dont tink u will c any savings there.

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as from my previous post and more reading up on the thread, I have decided to change my pipings. Just a few questions hoping someone can answer me.

I bought the Toshiba system 3, non inverter aircon from Gaincity so when I made the decision to change the pipings as well, I just gave them a call and they just add in $150 for the pipings (This was what they deducted off initially for the system when I told them I don't need it). Nothing was mentioned about what I read here for e.g. the piping size and insulation used. Is the default by gain city good enough? Read that non inverter doesn't need as thick piping as inverter aircon and I don't want to spend money upgrading if not neccessary as after this system gonecase after more than 5 years I will most probably be changing to an inverter system cause currently only me and my wife.

For the old trunkings, is it possible to reuse them as some of them are already painted (i just renovated my house earlier this year, zzzzz) and concealed but they are straight across. Is the guy able to open just one end and pull out the old pipings and put in the old one? Cause I am not sure whether the pipings are being fixed on to anything in the trunking.

One stupid question, is water pipes connected to the blower or the main outdoor unit?

Lastly, is the extended warranty offered by GC worth it? They quote me $359 for the warranty.

Being living without aircon for the past 28 years so all the questions, lol.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as from my previous post and more reading up on the thread, I have decided to change my pipings. Just a few questions hoping someone can answer me.

I bought the Toshiba system 3, non inverter aircon from Gaincity so when I made the decision to change the pipings as well, I just gave them a call and they just add in $150 for the pipings (This was what they deducted off initially for the system when I told them I don't need it). Nothing was mentioned about what I read here for e.g. the piping size and insulation used. Is the default by gain city good enough? Read that non inverter doesn't need as thick piping as inverter aircon and I don't want to spend money upgrading if not neccessary as after this system gonecase after more than 5 years I will most probably be changing to an inverter system cause currently only me and my wife.

For the old trunkings, is it possible to reuse them as some of them are already painted (i just renovated my house earlier this year, zzzzz) and concealed but they are straight across. Is the guy able to open just one end and pull out the old pipings and put in the old one? Cause I am not sure whether the pipings are being fixed on to anything in the trunking.

One stupid question, is water pipes connected to the blower or the main outdoor unit?

Lastly, is the extended warranty offered by GC worth it? They quote me $359 for the warranty.

Being living without aircon for the past 28 years so all the questions, lol.
default installation materials actually is gd enough. but do ask them abt the material used n post here.

i recommend to change the piping, but the trucking no need to change it's ok. becos the trucking is only to cover the piping or hide them. i tink its possible to put the new piping thorugh the trucking, jus tat its quite hard, becos of the insulation tat cos it difficult.

the water pipes is connected to the blower(Fan Coil Unit aka FCU).

btw its ok to ask question..:) tat's wat forum is for...:D

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

sometimes all those features are gimmicks...do you really feel the effect of ions, cross-flow fan means powerful air flow? how do we define powerful air flow?

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wahahaha... tis to be expected coz our previous Fujitsu was a monster! It almost didn't fit into the 'HDB-aircon-balcony'.

and we think alike, my previous Fujitsu was fitted with 4x 9k BTU fancoils :s13:

but not the new one... although HDB living rooms are small, with several pple inside i think a larger fancoil would cool faster. :s7:

Did you change all the piping? And what Gas were you using? Invertor or non? Other than taking longer time to cool, any other observations? Noise level? others?

i didn't change the piping.. my friend re-used it back.. most of my copper pipe need to extend thus they need to melt and connect it wif a longer pipe.. its a little bit ugly though dunno whether will affect anything or not.. hope nothing happens la.

mine is a non-inverter and most of the time we use our aircon no longer than 10hrs. thus i don't see a point of getting an inverter, infact even though i want to change, my friend quoted me a $3200 R22 inverter Daikin. which is actually going to cost me close to x2 the price!

Anyway refrigerant i'm using is R22.. which i tink this aircon would last me 10yrs or more. So if let say any board spoil after 10yrs, i would consider changing to a R410.

Observations wise, i can see that my parents trunking has less "sweat".. as for other rooms i didn't haf the chance to monitor (morning rush bo pian).

As for noise level, i didn't find it noisy, and also i found that Fujitsu has 8 screws to dismantle the whole cover of FCU while Daikin needs only 2! :s13:

Anyway what i dislike about the aircon is that.

1) On the remote control itself, when u power off or on. the temperature always display there no matter what which can suck quite an amount of battery.

2) My friend didn't measure the bracket properly thus when he wans to reuse back the bracket, he have problem fitting it nicely thus he gotta cut the metal piece off... which one bad thing tat he's not able to screw the outdoor to the bracket...

well anyway my friend said that its safe. looking at our singapore weather, chances of having a typhoon or extremely strong gust of wind are pretty slim.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine they also nv screw the outdoor unit to the bracket. but of the weight 62kg n 8 pipes connecting to the outdoor unit, tink it wont fly out ba, if there is strong wind or typhoon.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine they also nv screw the outdoor unit to the bracket. but of the weight 62kg n 8 pipes connecting to the outdoor unit, tink it wont fly out ba, if there is strong wind or typhoon.

craned.jpg

remember the super wind not long ago.. :o

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hope so, as my previous 2 outdoor units were screwed onto the bracket. Now w/o it, its pretty scary la. :s13:

anyway i starting to love Daikin.. somehow it make me feel assured that nothing will wrong.. *cross fingers*. :s13:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
craned.jpg

remember the super wind not long ago.. :o
yeah...i still rmb. tat was after mine was installed. tink it was 1 or 2 days later. somemore i even witness the bunch of dust under light of roadside lamp going clockwise. becos opp mainroad there was also hdb construction.

but my outdoor unit stil intact at same place.

leader

Reaction score
I am looking of non- inverter system2 aircon unit. any recommendation and if possible the pricing as well.
Thanks

LoveYourAirCon

Reaction score
its better for u to get non-inverter system. if u not using for more than 10hours usage, dont tink u will c any savings there.

Dont mind sharing more what you know about inverter systems? Cuz what I learnt about inverters is that the compressor operates full load until desired temperature is achieved before reducing power to run at optimal output enough to cool and maintain desired temperature. And that it doesnt turn off and on the compressor frequently like non-inverters just to maintain the same cooling temperature. So what we can expect to get is usage cost savings over long term, as well as less risks of premature compressor malfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.