[Official cycling thread]

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So we switch blinking on only when visibility is poor? Daytime is not necessary right?

If you feel that turning on the blinky can increase your visibility to traffic during daytime, turn it on lor. No one's going to stop you for that.:s22:

Mukuro

Reaction score
Hi all,
im new to cycling, just started to learn how to ride one.
Now im using a cheap mtb that i bought just to learn how to ride:s13:

Would like to purchase a new bicycle for pavement/park riding, my budget is around $500

Some details about me
im a overweight person, weighing at 86kg, height 175cm, so would like a bicycle that could withstand my weight. Any recommendation?

Also, are there any good bicycles shop in sengkang/hougang area?

Thanks

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
im new to cycling, just started to learn how to ride one.
Now im using a cheap mtb that i bought just to learn how to ride:s13:

Would like to purchase a new bicycle for pavement/park riding, my budget is around $500

Some details about me
im a overweight person, weighing at 86kg, height 175cm, so would like a bicycle that could withstand my weight. Any recommendation?

Also, are there any good bicycles shop in sengkang/hougang area?

Thanks

Any normal 26 inch MTB is able to withstand yr weight. Don't worry!

Bicycle just for pavement and park riding can easily get it at $300 plus. But it u want something lighter, speedy and pick up fast. That is where the differents on prices will come in.

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me hoot arrived yesterday morning. Seller is very kind. Paypal HTML corkdown and my delivery fee is short but he says never mind. Return my email promptly. I feel a bit bad. Nevermind, I help to promote his wonderful product n person.

96b237.jpg

fkp8hl.jpg

speedstream

Reaction score
Me hoot arrived yesterday morning. Seller is very kind. Paypal HTML corkdown and my delivery fee is short but he says never mind. Return my email promptly. I feel a bit bad. Nevermind, I help to promote his wonderful product n person.

What's the damage?
Can post more pic?:)

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What's the damage?

Depend on which model. Mine costs 76USD. Includ. brake sensor and left/right switch. See website for more details. :)

Can see my greasy finger print.

http://i39.tinypic.com/333v3nr.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/dnk2l0.jpg

Video upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxW_P0SRAs

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What's the damage?

Depend on which model. Mine is the slight more ex. version which costs 76USD. Includ. brake sensor and left/right switch. See website for more details. :)

Can see my greasy finger print.

http://i39.tinypic.com/333v3nr.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/dnk2l0.jpg

Video upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxW_P0SRAs

ilovesashimi

Reaction score
HI guys. After many many months of finding a bike which is within my buget, i finally found one!
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/LargeImage.aspx?ModelID=30569

Checked everything already... but i have one question,
the tyres is 'Schwalbe Blizzard 25x622' but when i look thought the tyres , most of them comes in 700x XXc
if my tyres are dead, will it be hard to find another type same tyres?

also.. will the frame be able to fit 700x --c tyres? or only the frame is made for one type of tyre?

Thanks guys :) if you have any suggest of a better bike (of course , which is within my budget, please do post it out! ) thanks guys once again :)

Last edited:

ilovesashimi

Reaction score
Sad accident.

HEY GUYS..

just this morning around 3-4am. cycled to changi there, wanted to visit OCH ( only went to the entrance, didn't dare to go in, cuz voices can be heard inside, better to be safe the sorry right? :o

Then after that went to changi village to makan. then reaching there liao then saw a curb , then went over it.

My friend went first, bunny hop over then the rear tire kena the curb, then my turn. i slowly pedal, but the front tire got contact with the curb first, after going over the curb, all of us heard a Shhhhhhhshsh sound then. oh ****. Tyre blow... :(

got pictures..

The Contact point

Photo496.jpg

the curb

Photo494.jpg

our tires.

Photo495.jpg

now.. the bike is at home... i wonder how much it will cost my pocket..

anyone got ideas?

help me... :(

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS..

just this morning around 3-4am. cycled to changi there, wanted to visit OCH ( only went to the entrance, didn't dare to go in, cuz voices can be heard inside, better to be safe the sorry right? :o

Then after that went to changi village to makan. then reaching there liao then saw a curb , then went over it.

My friend went first, bunny hop over then the rear tire kena the curb, then my turn. i slowly pedal, but the front tire got contact with the curb first, after going over the curb, all of us heard a Shhhhhhhshsh sound then. oh ****. Tyre blow... :(

got pictures..

The Contact point

Photo496.jpg

the curb

Photo494.jpg

our tires.

Photo495.jpg

anyone got ideas?

tube cost 6 bux each.

When u mounting kerb, lean back, let the front wheel clear keeping ur weight to the rear, once the front wheel clear, lean forward and let the rear wheel roll up.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
wah ilovesashimi, u ride a cube with decent enough components(i see a shadow long cage XT RD there) but u dunno how much a tube cost? :s22:

my advice is to stock up 1 or 2 tubes, when u go cycling bring at least 1 with u.. if u do long distance e.g east to west/west to east, bring 2 just to be safe.. :)

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Giant Anthem X.1 won What Mountain Bike mag's Bike of The Year award! :love: :love:

Maybe I got my bike one year too early. :crazy: :s13:

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS..

got pictures..

The Contact point

Photo496.jpg

the curb

Photo494.jpg

our tires.

Photo495.jpg

anyone got ideas?

If the damage isn't too bad, you can patch your tube with a patch kit costing about $3-6 iirc. Get the orange colour box of patches. Like the others suggested, get at least 2 spare tubes too. :)

ilovesashimi

Reaction score
tube cost 6 bux each.

When u mounting kerb, lean back, let the front wheel clear keeping ur weight to the rear, once the front wheel clear, lean forward and let the rear wheel roll up.

i find it quite hard to do. cuz bike weight quite heavy.

wah ilovesashimi, u ride a cube with decent enough components(i see a shadow long cage XT RD there) but u dunno how much a tube cost? :s22:

my advice is to stock up 1 or 2 tubes, when u go cycling bring at least 1 with u.. if u do long distance e.g east to west/west to east, bring 2 just to be safe.. :)

haha, cuz tyres never pok before. so didn't know anything about tubes. :s13::s13:

i just went to get my tyres fixed, it costs 10 bucks for one tyre. is the price quite steep? but he also help me put in... am i paying for the manpower? :yawn: how to bring the tubes along with me sia, so thick -____-

If the damage isn't too bad, you can patch your tube with a patch kit costing about $3-6 iirc. Get the orange colour box of patches. Like the others suggested, get at least 2 spare tubes too. :)

will consider.. Thanks :look:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.