Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abba77

Reaction score
Tazzi80, thks for sharing..

Unfortunately, my aircon is not cold anymore (has gas leakage) and suspect due to the old trunking. So, mine will be very messy, need to tear open all the trunking/piping :(

- Which toshiba model did you get and how much?
- Did GC ask you to replace the metal bracket as well? (they told me must change?)

controller

Reaction score
I need to change my old LG aircon as well.

Why no one is recommending Carrier here? is it ok or not?
I was shopping yesterday and one salesman was strongly recommending Carrier to me.
Not sure what model, but Sys3 non inverter @ $1650 (inc installation, no bracket). He claimed that Carrier still has 2 motors in the compressor while LG/Dalkin has one (for non inverter).

I asked about the Samsung Sys3 non-inverter @$1399 and he claimed that the compressor is china made. no good. at least LG @1550 is still thai made.

I am planning to visit Gaincity and see if there is some good deals.

Any advice from you guys is much appreciated.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, my aircon is not cold anymore (has gas leakage) and suspect due to the old trunking. So, mine will be very messy, need to tear open all the trunking/piping :(

- Did GC ask you to replace the metal bracket as well? (they told me must change?)

It is a must to change bracket for new aircon outdoor unit. or else it is against the law wor...i tink.
*edit: only for those w/o aircon ledge.

I need to change my old LG aircon as well.

Why no one is recommending Carrier here? is it ok or not?
I was shopping yesterday and one salesman was strongly recommending Carrier to me.
Not sure what model, but Sys3 non inverter @ $1650 (inc installation, no bracket). He claimed that Carrier still has 2 motors in the compressor while LG/Dalkin has one (for non inverter).

I asked about the Samsung Sys3 non-inverter @$1399 and he claimed that the compressor is china made. no good. at least LG @1550 is still thai made.

I am planning to visit Gaincity and see if there is some good deals.

Any advice from you guys is much appreciated.
if carrier is gd, than u wil c alot of ppl using carrier in your block..:s13:

Last edited:

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score

Trunking and piping different ah, i change all my pipings but use back my old trunking. The trunking is just the plastic cover for all the pipings.

There's only 1 Toshiba non inverter model (The one with 3 ticks). 1850 is the price i paid, no bracket. Comes with installation and change of pipings. If no change pipings 1.7k.

I got a ledge, so not very sure about the bracket.

No.

Davidtzld

Reaction score
Hi anyone have a 9k btu portable aircon can share your experience? i bought a trends unit and its not working in my small attachment room after hdb upgrading of size about 3 by 3 metre (approx 90sqf).

The is absoutely no difference from the air temp outside the room even after leaving the unit on for like 5 hours..

Called the company and the guy told me i must blow the unit at myself? i was thinking why the hell i spent 400 bucks on a aircon that needs to blow at myself...

ZZzz please give some advise or opnion..

THanks

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone have a 9k btu portable aircon can share your experience? i bought a trends unit and its not working in my small attachment room after hdb upgrading of size about 3 by 3 metre (approx 90sqf).

The is absoutely no difference from the air temp outside the room even after leaving the unit on for like 5 hours..

Called the company and the guy told me i must blow the unit at myself? i was thinking why the hell i spent 400 bucks on a aircon that needs to blow at myself...

ZZzz please give some advise or opnion..

THanks
mayb u try to put the unit higher?

biatche

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm from Malaysia and I presume models available in Singapore should be available in Malaysia as well, for the most at least.

I'm in search for incredible silent units only. I've run down my list to Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Daikin. Indoor units should be 23dB or less, outdoor units should be 50dB or less. I'm very fussy. 1HP/1.5HP would do, to be honest, I'm not really sure how to determine what HP I need.

Can anybody give some recommendation, and specify models too please.

Davidtzld

Reaction score
My unit is already on a ledge infront of my window.. i don think putting higher got difference also.. the air that comes out is just not really that cold.. i think cheap stuff is like that zzz

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm from Malaysia and I presume models available in Singapore should be available in Malaysia as well, for the most at least.

I'm in search for incredible silent units only. I've run down my list to Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Daikin. Indoor units should be 23dB or less, outdoor units should be 50dB or less. I'm very fussy. 1HP/1.5HP would do, to be honest, I'm not really sure how to determine what HP I need.

Can anybody give some recommendation, and specify models too please.
single split/system 1?

normally 1HP is equal to 9000BTU/hr. this should be enough for a bedroom. to find out the require BTU, u can search on google/yahoo for "btu calculator". it measure by length n width of your floor area.

biatche

Reaction score
ok, 1hp is all i need. hm, single split / system? not too sure what these terms mean.. lol.... its the standard..... wall split or something. wahts system? vents?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
split system means there is an indoor unit n outdoor unit. where both is connected through copper pipe. so system 1 means 1 outdoor unit is to 1 indoor unit. also can say single split.

multi split is mean by 1 outdoor unit is split to more than 2 indoor unit. so than we define as system 2 for 2 indoor unit, system 3 for 3 indoor unit, n so on...

biatche

Reaction score
Thanks for the lesson. I get it now. Yeah, single split is what I need.

Mitsubishi MSY-GE10VA <-- Does anyone have this model? I think this is what I want. Some user review would be good.

Any other recommendations for silent single split units?

BTW, I'm trying to calculate the EER for this
http://coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=2396

3.412 <-- Is this right? Isn't this very low?

Last edited:

abba77

Reaction score

Trunking and piping different ah, i change all my pipings but use back my old trunking. The trunking is just the plastic cover for all the pipings.

Ic.. so GC can retain the trunking. My house is very small, dont have much space.. cant imagine how the technician can change the pipings :(

There's only 1 Toshiba non inverter model (The one with 3 ticks). 1850 is the price i paid, no bracket. Comes with installation and change of pipings. If no change pipings 1.7k.

Is it 3x 9k BTU? Did you submit the floor plan for GC to do the sizing? Heard they will need the floor plan to submit to HDB for approval, true?

I got a ledge, so not very sure about the bracket.

No. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

zmonstor

Reaction score
1850 with change of pipings and installation.

Hi Tazzi80,

When and which GC did you placed the order? :s11: Notice that the price of the toshiba sys 3 has increased to 2129 with default installation and piping @ GC AMK. Upgrade to armflex 1/2" and copper 23 to 22 cost 180. :eek:

Did you purchased the extended warranty and service package? It cost 359 and 350.

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Yupp its the 3x 9k BTU one. There's only 1 with 3 ticks. Did not submit my floor plan to GC, they just come and fix up.

I placed order 2 weeks ago at IMM GC, think on the 26th May. Initially I actually don't want the pipings changed so I got a quote of 1.75k which I bargain to 1.7k. But few days later I decided to take the service package and the pipings so I call up that guy again, in the end he added $150 for the pipings. The extended warranty and service contract that guy quoted for me was $359 & $270.

Anyway very happy with the Toshiba aircon, already very cold at 25degree. Then there's dunno what self clean function where the internal fan would continue to blow for some time to dry up the internal after you switch off the aircon.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway very happy with the Toshiba aircon, already very cold at 25degree. Then there's dunno what self clean function where the internal fan would continue to blow for some time to dry up the internal after you switch off the aircon.
the self clean function is really very gd in terms of long usage.. as in it wil not grow mould inside which wil causes bad smell when on aircon..

but well, every morning i do this manually..as Daikin dont have this function.:)

btw anyone use a thermometer n measure the air coming directly out from the aircon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.