Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if 9000BTU is good for 1 bedroom...does that mean i must go for a system with 9000x3 = 27000btu if i want to cool 3 bedrooms?

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm also a recently customer of GC and I also got a TOSHIBA Aircon. :)

My previous air/con trunkings were sweating a lot, and i wasn't sure if it was due to bad product or installation. :s11:

Anyhow, when the thermistor and subsequently the PCB broke down within 5 years, I decided to change. :(

Went GC and decided on a Toshiba Inverter Sys-4. Upgraded the copper to G22, and insulation to 3/4" (!!!). =:p

Removal and installation of trunkings/pipes took 2 days! It was like renovation all over again! Nightmare! :s22:

But i think it was worth it... very satisfied with both product and installation. :s7:

abba77

Reaction score
Removal and installation of trunkings/pipes took 2 days! It was like renovation all over again! Nightmare! :s22:

But i think it was worth it... very satisfied with both product and installation. :s7:

Oh no.. 2 days :eek: Standard from GC is 1 trip installation, right? Did you specifically request for 2 trips installation?

Any advise on how to minimize the mess/dirt? Did you get big plastic sheet (those used by restaurant to wrap table type) to wrap all your furniture?

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh no.. 2 days :eek: Standard from GC is 1 trip installation, right? Did you specifically request for 2 trips installation?

Any advise on how to minimize the mess/dirt? Did you get big plastic sheet (those used by restaurant to wrap table type) to wrap all your furniture?

huh? why would i request for 2 trips installation?

It was initially for one day, but the sales did mentioned that the work might spill over to the following day.

GC sent 2 guys to do the removal/installation. 1st day they worked about 10 hours and the following about 6 hours.

yes, i bought the plastic sheets.

But becoz they had to enlarge the holes in the walls for the larger insulation... there was drilling... so a lot of dust/debrids... i guess can't be helped lah. They plastic sheets does help though... so buy a lot of those. =:p

veer26

Reaction score
I'm also a recently customer of GC and I also got a TOSHIBA Aircon. :)

My previous air/con trunkings were sweating a lot, and i wasn't sure if it was due to bad product or installation. :s11:

Anyhow, when the thermistor and subsequently the PCB broke down within 5 years, I decided to change. :(

Went GC and decided on a Toshiba Inverter Sys-4. Upgraded the copper to G22, and insulation to 3/4" (!!!). =:p

hey..how much did u get the toshiba system 4 for? and wat are the btus for each fcu? thanks.

biatche

Reaction score
You guys seem to know your stuff well. There anything that's good to know about single split units that many don't know? What's this G22 / G23 you're all talking about?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys seem to know your stuff well. There anything that's good to know about single split units that many don't know? What's this G22 / G23 you're all talking about?
G22 - Guage 22
G23 - Guage 23

it is the thickness of copper pipe. G22 is 0.71mm, which is more thicker than G23 which is 0.61mm.

for your info, aircon using R410A will use thicker copper pipe becos of its pressure 2 times of R22.

biatche

Reaction score
I know nothing about these stuff. Can anyone please tell me what "optimizations" or "tweaks" I should consider in a new setup? Where I live, people just wanna make sales, they will just install it and leave alone whether its a decent setup. It's about the same for almost any company.

What are the do's and dont's? So I presume I should see if I can request for G22.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about these stuff. Can anyone please tell me what "optimizations" or "tweaks" I should consider in a new setup? Where I live, people just wanna make sales, they will just install it and leave alone whether its a decent setup. It's about the same for almost any company.

What are the do's and dont's? So I presume I should see if I can request for G22.
no need to request for G22, jus ask what guage is it using, wat aircon u planning to buy, than post it here.

by rite, it shouldnt hav any problem using the default installation..

KSM112

Reaction score
Fujitsu sucks

hi, my Fujitsu (AOY36VMNM4) of less than 5 years is giving me problem again. :(

This time, it's the PCB. Now one of my FCU doesn't have any refrigerant pumped into it. Sianz. :(

Think I'm going to change it soon, coz as predicated by the Air-Con guy, things are slowly failing. double-sianz. :(:(

I thinking of Toshiba (coz my parent's place uses it for over 15 years! and it's still working! a bit rusted though), and apparently they're the only ones which still have their compressors made in Japan.

Anybody got good recommendation? Any other brands made in japan? :look:

My Fujitusu aircon sucks!! The single split AOAR18JCC inverter in my bedroom broke down 2 times within the 1st yr. It was installed 1 and half yr ago. Now the mulit-split ASAA12JACM inverter in my other 2 rooms broke them last Friday. They are less than 2 yrs old. The service of the agent - Winfinity is real
disappointing. I'm always put on hold on the phone and they always say will call back and in the end i've
to keep calling to get to talk to their person in charge. Upon checking yesterday,the technician said both the PCB and 2 EEV coils need to be replaced....Sian.. It will cost me almost $600 including $80 transport. There is only 3 months' waranty after the replacement. I questioned them how can the air-con can break down so soon. They say other customers have no such problem. Last time my Toshiba air-cons lasted for more than 10 yrs without giving me much problem. I regret v. much changing to Fujitusu inverter thinking i can save on the electricity bill. I wonder if inverter air-cons are really less reliable or it all depends on the brand??? Should i get the replacement done ? Don't know how many months they can last and get another replacement again. I would rather change the whole air-con set. When air-con breaks down, it's not just money, but time to wait for them to come, this and that, and causing us such inconvenience - for the whole week my daughters have to sleep in my room, sian....

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Fujitusu aircon sucks!! The single split AOAR18JCC inverter in my bedroom broke down 2 times within the 1st yr. It was installed 1 and half yr ago. Now the mulit-split ASAA12JACM inverter in my other 2 rooms broke them last Friday. They are less than 2 yrs old. The service of the agent - Winfinity is real
disappointing. I'm always put on hold on the phone and they always say will call back and in the end i've
to keep calling to get to talk to their person in charge. Upon checking yesterday,the technician said both the PCB and 2 EEV coils need to be replaced....Sian.. It will cost me almost $600 including $80 transport. There is only 3 months' waranty after the replacement. I questioned them how can the air-con can break down so soon. They say other customers have no such problem. Last time my Toshiba air-cons lasted for more than 10 yrs without giving me much problem. I regret v. much changing to Fujitusu inverter thinking i can save on the electricity bill. I wonder if inverter air-cons are really less reliable or it all depends on the brand??? Should i get the replacement done ? Don't know how many months they can last and get another replacement again. I would rather change the whole air-con set. When air-con breaks down, it's not just money, but time to wait for them to come, this and that, and causing us such inconvenience - for the whole week my daughters have to sleep in my room, sian....
fancoil pcb?

actually got abit depends on brand..

abba77

Reaction score
huh? why would i request for 2 trips installation?

It was initially for one day, but the sales did mentioned that the work might spill over to the following day.

GC sent 2 guys to do the removal/installation. 1st day they worked about 10 hours and the following about 6 hours.

yes, i bought the plastic sheets.

But becoz they had to enlarge the holes in the walls for the larger insulation... there was drilling... so a lot of dust/debrids... i guess can't be helped lah. They plastic sheets does help though... so buy a lot of those. =:p

Agghhh... How to sleep if they are not finished in 1 day? Cant imagine :(

If i remember correctly, i was quotes $3500+ for Toshiba System-4 Inverter, 16-10-10-10.

Which GC branch, can share the name & contact no? Wonder how much wound a system-3 cost :)

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My outdoor unit spoilt after 3yrs+ of usage, repair cost is up to $900.. i immediately fug Fujitsu on their aircon quality..

After considering the cost, i immediately called my friend to quote me a Daikin non-inverter sys 4.. man.. after installation.. i felt so much better.. previously on my Fujitsu, i need to adjust my temperature on my a/c to 23deg..now my daikin is 25deg and my room felt much cooler. :D

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow..looks like the fujitsu inverter not so reliable..

how about those people using fujitsu non-inverter? any problem?

tink lets make this thread the pros n cons of different brands, inverter, non-inverter aircon..haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.