EDMW Knife Collectors

SaDnEsS82

Reaction score
Anyone tried purchasing a balisong?

Disclaimer: Just asking with curiosity, kindly respond via pm as according to bros here and our local laws, it's illegal to own one.

Last edited:

SaDnEsS82

Reaction score
Textbook answer: oh it's illegal? sorry, i didnt know.

Lonerider: i'm hoping for fellow interest bro to share via our pm system, just for knowledge

grenharware: So are alot of stuff. Dun get y they ban so much stuff for. The law chapter seriouly needs a revision.

Putting that aside, shipping via vpost has a 6" limitation as discussed in the previous post. May I know, the 6" refers to the length of the blade or the entire tool itself? Kindly enlighten me. TIA..

Disclaimer: I'm here to learn, pick up a hobby and improve my knowledge based on my interest. Kindly refrain from flaming me

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
Textbook answer: oh it's illegal? sorry, i didnt know.

Lonerider: i'm hoping for fellow interest bro to share via our pm system, just for knowledge

grenharware: So are alot of stuff. Dun get y they ban so much stuff for. The law chapter seriouly needs a revision.

Putting that aside, shipping via vpost has a 6" limitation as discussed in the previous post. May I know, the 6" refers to the length of the blade or the entire tool itself? Kindly enlighten me. TIA..

Disclaimer: I'm here to learn, pick up a hobby and improve my knowledge based on my interest. Kindly refrain from flaming me

Sorry if my response comes off as flaming. It was not intended to come off that way. I just feel that a little fingerwork on Google would have given you the answers you needed. In fact this was mentioned a couple of times on the earlier pages of this thread. If it came off as flaming then I apologise. Yes, Singapore bans a lot of fun stuff and I doubt they'll ever repeal or change the offensive weapons act. It was passed during a tumultuous time when gangland activities were rife in Singapore. Times have changed but laws seldom do.

FYI the 6inches refers to OAL.

Last edited:

SaDnEsS82

Reaction score
Sorry if my response comes off as flaming. It was not intended to come off that way. I just feel that a little fingerwork on Google would have given you the answers you needed. In fact this was mentioned a couple of times on the earlier pages of this thread. If it came off as flaming then I apologise. Yes, Singapore bans a lot of fun stuff and I doubt they'll ever repeal or change the offensive weapons act. It was passed during a tumultuous time when gangland activities were rife in Singapore. Times have changed but laws seldom do.

FYI the 6inches refers to OAL.

No, No, No... You took it wrongly bro.. I wasn't referring to you at all. I know you have good intentions.

Prior to posting, I've read up on law and how to home make some stuff. I've also completed the reading of this 50++ page thread beforehand and know of what has been mentioned.

However, knowing the enthusiasm of some collectors, I was hoping to know something.
Appolgies for causing this misunderstanding and I'll remove the previous post if it causes inconvenience for anyone

Again, out of curiosity, can we ship in swords? There seems to be some bros who shipped them in?
This is to double confirm as I'm a fan of katannas since young

Edit: I assume oal = overall length. Guess I'll not ship via vpost lest possible.

Last edited:

i_got_a_question_to_ask

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bo liao pictures for the day. i moded a syringe needle to pump mineral oil into unreachable corners of my knives without taking them apart.
2yn3yhx.jpg

sharp tip rounded off using sandpaper so i wont poke myself accidentally.

no money buy http://www.sentrysolutions.com/sentry_solutions_product_detail.php?product_Code=91300
91300_250.jpg

Lonerider

Reaction score
bo liao pictures for the day. i moded a syringe needle to pump mineral oil into unreachable corners of my knives without taking them apart.
2yn3yhx.jpg

sharp tip rounded off using sandpaper so i wont poke myself accidentally.

no money buy http://www.sentrysolutions.com/sentry_solutions_product_detail.php?product_Code=91300
91300_250.jpg

If you really need corrosion protection there's a product I use called Corrosion X. It's available in a small applicator bottle. I use this in my saltwater reels and yes they work very well. It wont dry/ gum up like some silicone based lubes. Available at Sabre Tackle and Angler's Outfitter at Beach Road. If it can keep corrosion off in saltwater it'll work well in our humid climate.

Corros7.gif

On the other hand if you want a great lube for your pivot point try ZX1. This is what I currently use on my pivots... it is a micro lubricant that "bonds" to metal surfaces. I use them on my reels to improve free spin time. My friend who is an RC enthusiast swears by them for his bearings. It has a needle applicator and best thing is it's under SGD10. Check out 5 Dots and Joe's tackle along beach road.

thumb_micro_lube_main62557.gif

Do note that unlike mineral oil the lubes above are not food safe but they perform very well and I've used both of them extensively for a few years. Actually mineral oil was/is used as a form of laxative to ease bowel movement (teaspoon worth) so you can LS if you take too much. Just be aware hor...

To strip down these lubes (sometimes you may need to do this) use lighter fluid....

Avoid WD-40 like the plague... It can react with some coatings,hamons and etchings too. I've seen gun coatings wear out because of WD-40. Imagine if your knife has teflon/nylon washers. It also dries up too fast for long term storage.

SaDnEsS82

Reaction score
Hi bros, back after going thru our local law from Singapore Statutes Online.

Cap. 65:
CORROSIVE AND EXPLOSIVE SUBSTANCES AND OFFENSIVE WEAPONS ACT
(http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/ )

In the Scheduled Weapons act, it did list that the items that are considered weapons.
In this case, can we ship them in? I can't seem to find the correct relevence in the law chapters.

If it's so illegal, then why do local stores still sells them? It's a contridicting notion to me. Can someone kindly enlighten me on this?

Charlie_Zhang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, back after going thru our local law from Singapore Statutes Online.

Cap. 65:
CORROSIVE AND EXPLOSIVE SUBSTANCES AND OFFENSIVE WEAPONS ACT
(http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/ )

In the Scheduled Weapons act, it did list that the items that are considered weapons.
In this case, can we ship them in? I can't seem to find the correct relevence in the law chapters.

If it's so illegal, then why do local stores still sells them? It's a contridicting notion to me. Can someone kindly enlighten me on this?
http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/frameset_FAQ.html

Charlie_Zhang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i had bought the movie red cliff zhou yu sword from online shops before and had went to the AEB branch to get the necessary license before.... my question is do they allow sharp edge katana sword?

any bro bought in before?

SaDnEsS82

Reaction score
I went up to blade forum to read up on maintenance and sharpening. However, there is a huge scope on different type of methods.

Can anyone bring some light to this?
Resolved...

Did some read up and different grits of stones are mentioned. What are the different grits for?
Resolved..

Any recommendation for sharpening tools that does the job properly? As a beginner, I will not know how to sharpen by hands.
Resolved...

Edit: Other than Ikea, where can we get pure food grade mineral oil in SG?

Last edited:

SaDnEsS82

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get leather strops and diamond paste locally? I feel it's silly to order that online and wait for 2 weeks before being able to use.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
US Federal law is changing the law of knifes.. wondering how these knife laws there will affect the design and ordering of knives into Singapore.. :(
little video about how even folders are now being labelled switchblades.. damn~

X_K_Cobra

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if I go off-track a bit ar.

I know this is a knife collectors thread, however are there any sword collectors amongst you guys as well? I'm quite the sword enthusiast myself however most of my knowledge and interest is centered around katanas.

So yea, was wondering, have any of ya tried ordering swords (sharp and/or unsharp) off the net? Care to share with me how to go about customs declaration and such?

Cause as far as I know, theres a $20 fee for 14-day licence per import. However, I'm kinda skeptical as to whether it is mandatory to purchase the licence first before we can place an import order, or can we just order first, then pay the licence fee when collecting the sword from customs?

Will appreciate the help guys!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.