Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abba77

Reaction score
yup...

if u were to install 9k, than it wil take a longer time to cool the room, which also wil result the compressor to run very long.

budget is really limited.. :(

btw, notice my flat ceiling is very low, and the space between doors and ceiling is <30cm :s11:

how is drainage pipe (which cannot bent upwards) being run?

1. supposing can install the fan unit closest the ceiling (no gap between fan unit & ceiling), think the trunk (gas + drainage) still need to go lower than the door :)eek:). this will be shorter trunking route, but not sure fan unit need some gap on top for the air circulation :s11:

2. if install the fan unit lower (some gap between fan unit & ceiling), will need to run the trunk the long way (ie. wrap around the room).. not sure if there is any issue with the length of trunk :s11:

anybody has photos for aircon in living room (3room flat) to share? :s12:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
budget is really limited.. :(

btw, notice my flat ceiling is very low, and the space between doors and ceiling is <30cm :s11:

how is drainage pipe (which cannot bent upwards) being run?

1. supposing can install the fan unit closest the ceiling (no gap between fan unit & ceiling), think the trunk (gas + drainage) still need to go lower than the door :)eek:). this will be shorter trunking route, but not sure fan unit need some gap on top for the air circulation :s11:

2. if install the fan unit lower (some gap between fan unit & ceiling), will need to run the trunk the long way (ie. wrap around the room).. not sure if there is any issue with the length of trunk :s11:

anybody has photos for aircon in living room (3room flat) to share? :s12:
if were to use some btu calculator from the net, 9k would be jus nice for yr living room size. so its stil possible to install 9k for living room..

drainage pipe can bent, but it must be below the bottom of FCU.

1. FCU cannot go all the way to the celing, as part of the air intake is on top of FCU. n also u wil hav difficulties hookin the FCU bracket to the wall.

but than, from the installation manual from daikin, minimum is 30mm or more from ceiling.

2. there is no problem wit the trucking if it is within the limit of max piping length from outdoor unit to FCU. for mine, daikin MA56EV1 is 25m max for each room, total 60m. so u hav to do a search on net to find out the max length for yr outdoor unit.

here the pic of mine, daikin FT50FVM, 18,000btu/hr

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/chunlianghere/DSC03941.jpg

guesswho80

Reaction score
DSC01629.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

Is the PVC trunking /duct running above the unit okie? Is there any problem with condensation?

abba77

Reaction score
if were to use some btu calculator from the net, 9k would be jus nice for yr living room size. so its stil possible to install 9k for living room..

drainage pipe can bent, but it must be below the bottom of FCU.

1. FCU cannot go all the way to the celing, as part of the air intake is on top of FCU. n also u wil hav difficulties hookin the FCU bracket to the wall.

but than, from the installation manual from daikin, minimum is 30mm or more from ceiling.

2. there is no problem wit the trucking if it is within the limit of max piping length from outdoor unit to FCU. for mine, daikin MA56EV1 is 25m max for each room, total 60m. so u hav to do a search on net to find out the max length for yr outdoor unit.

here the pic of mine, daikin FT50FVM, 18,000btu/hr

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/chunlianghere/DSC03941.jpg

chunliang, thks for your help...

think hdb ceiling is just too low for air con :(
as shown, the distance between the door and the ceiling is only 33cm..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xxesR7Vx_uI/Sk-EmJnC9gI/AAAAAAAAAHg/yuPG3jLIL5g/s1600-h/3roomflat.jpg

if install in position A, the drainage pipe will have to either go across the floor or cut across (slight below the top of) the door of the kitchen :(

if install in position B, not sure if can route the drainage pipe around bedroom2 (big u turn) and join back to the trunk to bedroom1 :s11:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xxesR7Vx_uI/Sk-EmWsJ3eI/AAAAAAAAAHo/j52XiS34qKI/s1600-h/3roomflat-2.jpg

anybody has similar experience to share? :look:

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chunliang, thks for your help...

think hdb ceiling is just too low for air con :(
as shown, the distance between the door and the ceiling is only 33cm..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xxesR7Vx_uI/Sk-EmJnC9gI/AAAAAAAAAHg/yuPG3jLIL5g/s1600-h/3roomflat.jpg

if install in position A, the drainage pipe will have to either go across the floor or cut across (slight below the top of) the door of the kitchen :(

if install in position B, not sure if can route the drainage pipe around bedroom2 (big u turn) and join back to the trunk to bedroom1 :s11:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xxesR7Vx_uI/Sk-EmWsJ3eI/AAAAAAAAAHo/j52XiS34qKI/s1600-h/3roomflat-2.jpg

anybody has similar experience to share? :look:
in my opinion, it is better to install it at position B.

if were to install at position A, the drainage pipe n liquid/gas pipe wil hav to split. which means, the drainage pipe wil go through the wall to kitchen. but the liquid/gas pipe can go above kitchen door to bedroom 2.

at position B, u wil not c any truckin running across the living room. as it wil be running through the wall to bedroom 1. so it wil make a big u-turn. btw i dont tink it wil be joinin the existing truckin if the existing trucking is not below the FCU. n i dont tink it wil be nice it the trucking is running near the ceiling throughout the room. most likely after going through the wall, it wil go downwards near the floor.

swami1959

Master Member
Reaction score
MItsubishi system 3 aircon

I have been quoted SGD 4011 for a system 3 Mitsubishi aircon.

Between Mitsubishi and Toshiba which one is a better deal?

As far as price is concerned equivalent Toshiba system costs about SGD 150 less.

Is it true that the the Mitsubishi model is 4 years "old" whereas Toshiba model is more "recent".

One of the plus points for Toshiba is that the compressor is made in Japan whereas the Mitsubishi one is made in Thailand. Does the country of origin matter as long as the quality control is from Japan? I can buy an extended warranty to last upto 5 years.

Mitsubishi does not have self cleaning. Toshiba is supposed to have superior filter. Mitsubishi has no innovative features like negative ions etc. Listening to the sales talk comparing Toshiba and Mitsubishi would appear that Mitsubishi is plain vannila .

Toshiba aircon design is supposed to dry up the water droplet after the aircon is switched off.

I was also informed that the first inverter aircon was designed and developed and patented by Toshiba. All other aircon manufacturers pay royalty to Toshiba for this design.

Any Toshiba system 3 users herePlease share your experiences.

Please advise if this quote is reasonable.

Thanks.

DSC03479.jpg

abba77

Reaction score
in my opinion, it is better to install it at position B.

if were to install at position A, the drainage pipe n liquid/gas pipe wil hav to split. which means, the drainage pipe wil go through the wall to kitchen. but the liquid/gas pipe can go above kitchen door to bedroom 2.

at position B, u wil not c any truckin running across the living room. as it wil be running through the wall to bedroom 1. so it wil make a big u-turn. btw i dont tink it wil be joinin the existing truckin if the existing trucking is not below the FCU. n i dont tink it wil be nice it the trucking is running near the ceiling throughout the room. most likely after going through the wall, it wil go downwards near the floor.

ya, position B will not have ugly trunking in living room.. all hidden inside bedroom.

but, the toshiba sys3 non-inverter manual says max pipe length is 15M... big u turn will be very close to that length, not sure if this will affect the performance. Also hope my DIY platform in bedroom1 wont obstruct the big u turn further. :p

abba77

Reaction score
I have been quoted SGD 4011 for a system 3 Mitsubishi aircon.

Between Mitsubishi and Toshiba which one is a better deal?

As far as price is concerned equivalent Toshiba system costs about SGD 150 less.

Is it true that the the Mitsubishi model is 4 years "old" whereas Toshiba model is more "recent".

One of the plus points for Toshiba is that the compressor is made in Japan whereas the Mitsubishi one is made in Thailand. Does the country of origin matter as long as the quality control is from Japan? I can buy an extended warranty to last upto 5 years.

Mitsubishi does not have self cleaning. Toshiba is supposed to have superior filter. Mitsubishi has no innovative features like negative ions etc. Listening to the sales talk comparing Toshiba and Mitsubishi would appear that Mitsubishi is plain vannila .

Toshiba aircon design is supposed to dry up the water droplet after the aircon is switched off.

I was also informed that the first inverter aircon was designed and developed and patented by Toshiba. All other aircon manufacturers pay royalty to Toshiba for this design.

Any Toshiba system 3 users herePlease share your experiences.

Please advise if this quote is reasonable.

Thanks.

DSC03479.jpg

hi, was thinking about sys3 inverter - mitsubishi or toshiba, but budget is too low... :p

anyway, think the toshiba is only 20k BTU whereas the mit is 28k BTU... for this 2 model, if you compare the NEA website, mit has a higher efficiency,

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, was thinking about sys3 inverter - mitsubishi or toshiba, but budget is too low... :p

anyway, think the toshiba is only 20k BTU whereas the mit is 28k BTU... for this 2 model, if you compare the NEA website, mit has a higher efficiency,
to wat i tink, the higher the compressor btu, the time taken to cool the room would be faster, thus wil also reach the desired temperature at a shorter time. the time on full load wil also be shorter.

but than do remember tat the total compressor btu is added up together as there r "2 compressor" (TWIN) inside.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score

if you pair up with 3 FCU with a 20k BTU toshiba inverter, your full load COP is slightly higher than the Mitsubishi unit whereas part load, it is Mitsubishi which is significantly higher.

Toshiba RAS-3M20SACV: 4 ticks; 5.81kW cooling capacity; Full Load COP 3.43; Part Load COP 4.44

Mitsubishi E MXY-3A28VA: 4 ticks; 7.31kW cooling capacity; Full Load COP 3.36; Part Load COP 5.17

Last edited:

guesswho80

Reaction score
in this pic, is the drainage pipe going up or through the wall to the toilet?

DSC01580.jpg

Mmmm i dun know how it works but this part is link to the switch and the compressor outside so is this going up or going down? I worry about the trunking running above the unit will it cause any condensation problems or other problems?

DSC01581.jpg

I believe this is going down coz it has one drainage pipe going thru the wall into my toilet and down to the drainage area. I forgot to take the photo. I worry about the above photo how the drainage pipe discharge the water as water flows down not pump up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.