Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah...can use back. as long as there is no leak problem on yr old aircon n the new one must be using the same gas as new one. (eg. if yr old one is using R410A, than can change to R22 or R410A. but if its R22, than u can only change to R22 one)

yes... but if you started using R22 gas on an old pipe that previously uses R410a, then it's best that you stick to R22 gas for these pipe from now on. :look:

snoopysnoozy

Reaction score
WOW... Thanks chunlianghere and thesingingbird, for your advice. Din know there's so much things to take note of in air-cons,

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah man - kudos to chunlianghere, thesingingbird and rest of guys who actively giving advice in this thread :)

fate_xin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
Courst - Panasonic CU3C2OJKZ/CS $2099, + free 5 yrs warranty + 2 yrs installation warranty.
$100 NTUC vouchers = used to offset the $100 dismantling fee (GC does not charge as they take back the old aircon for trade-in).

oh..not bad..

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally went through all the post here. Learned a lot.

my current air con is Fujisu 3system (should be non-inverter) from my previous owner. Assume the ex-owner installed it on the 1st, then it has beeb used about 7 years.

I want to change to a new system3, the usage is not that high. only few hours at night (for master room and computer room), the other unit will not use unless there is guest. So to me, i think non-inverter is more than enough. But i have some questions about the installation if i want to change to new air-con.

1. Currently all my pipe are inside the white plastic cover (i don’t know what is that called), and that is exposed on the wall.

2. in my master room, part of the piping is behind the built-in wardrobe. So if i change the air-con, but don't want to use back the old pipe, can that be done?

Thanks.

fate_xin

Reaction score
Finally went through all the post here. Learned a lot.

my current air con is Fujisu 3system (should be non-inverter) from my previous owner. Assume the ex-owner installed it on the 1st, then it has beeb used about 7 years.

I want to change to a new system3, the usage is not that high. only few hours at night (for master room and computer room), the other unit will not use unless there is guest. So to me, i think non-inverter is more than enough. But i have some questions about the installation if i want to change to new air-con.

1. Currently all my pipe are inside the white plastic cover (i don’t know what is that called), and that is exposed on the wall.

2. in my master room, part of the piping is behind the built-in wardrobe. So if i change the air-con, but don't want to use back the old pipe, can that be done?

Thanks.

for the part behind the wardrobe , it cant be changed unless u wan to dismantle yr wardrobe which i think is nope... the white plastic cover is call trunking:)

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
for the part behind the wardrobe , it cant be changed unless u wan to dismantle yr wardrobe which i think is nope... the white plastic cover is call trunking:)

Thanks. That mean either i use back the old pipe or i have to route another way for the new piping? should get the contractor to come down to my house do some site viewing.

fate_xin

Reaction score
Thanks. That mean either i use back the old pipe or i have to route another way for the new piping? should get the contractor to come down to my house do some site viewing.

yup .. best is to get the contractor to do some site survey 1st:)

vsml

Reaction score
Time to change my 10yo Sanyo sys 3 aircon.... so went down to GC cos got the free extended 5 years warranty. my 1st aircon was installed by GC. Good workmanship.

My requirement was juz to installed in the MBRoom- so i am looking at a System 1 inverter

My selection criteria
1. energy saving as i use it for minimum 12 hrs a day. ME is the most energy saving, follow by M.Heavy Industries follow by Daikin & Panasonic.

2. Self cleaning dryer to prevent mould and fungus growth. (only MHI and Daikin have this feature. Toshiba have this feature too)

3. Horizontal Left/Right airflow control. So i no need to manually use my finger to go adjust the flap to left or right, from the remote control can do it liao. (only MHI have it for system1)

4. Made in where is not impt if you have the free 5 years FULL warranty. Gain City covers all 5 yrs parts, labour for condenser & fancoil, 1 to 1 exchange )

5. Good filter (Most of the brands have 2 filter system except Panasonic. MHI have a 2 type filter, one with Allergen filter and a Sun Filter, something like a dedorizer, and a +Eions coated filter)

Eventually, all my criterias points to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

I confirm the MHI one which cost me $$1029 :-

System 1 : $989 (4 ticks inverter)
Extended 5 years warranty : FOC promotion
Upgraded copper pipes to 22AWG : $20 (cos using R410A gas, higher pressure)
Upgraded insulation to 3/8" Armaflex : $20 (should be good enough cos the 1/2" one looks damn thick-overkill, will cost additional $50. The standard rubber one they are giving foc, looks damn thin, i scared condensation)

The condenser and fancoil is made in thailand, but i guess the 5 years full warranty will take care of that.

Only setback is the flaps/lourves cannot be taken out to be washed like the ones from ME. But this is a small issue.

Installation date quick packed.................mine is on the 24th Aug. Have to wait 2 weeks.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upgraded insulation to 3/8" Armaflex : $20 (should be good enough cos the 1/2" one looks damn thick-overkill, will cost additional $50. The standard rubber one they are giving foc, looks damn thin, i scared condensation)
wait wait!

i thought 3/8" insulation is the default manufacturer thickness? look like giving free $20 to GC? wat is the actual thickness GC give?

vsml

Reaction score
I upgrade the standard black rubbery type of insulation(can't remember the name, he show me) to the Foam like Armaflex insulation.........that's what the $20 upgrade. I think both are 3/8". If want the 1/2" foam Armaflex, then have to top up $50.

wait wait!

i thought 3/8" insulation is the default manufacturer thickness? look like giving free $20 to GC? wat is the actual thickness GC give?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guyes, any comments on Hitachi Air-con. Yesterday went to GC, was recommended Hitachi System 3 inverter. Said it was the quietest (20db). And the compressor Mitsubishi used for system 3 is the same as system4, thus more power consuming compared to Hitachi system 3.

Hitachi System3 Inverter:
RAM 65Q8 + 3x RAK25N5

But it is not so popular in other shops, even not in the forum. Not sure how is it? Any feedback? Thanks

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
Hi guyes, any comments on Hitachi Air-con. Yesterday went to GC, was recommended Hitachi System 3 inverter. Said it was the quietest (20db). And the compressor Mitsubishi used for system 3 is the same as system4, thus more power consuming compared to Hitachi system 3.

Hitachi System3 Inverter:
RAM 65Q8 + 3x RAK25N5

But it is not so popular in other shops, even not in the forum. Not sure how is it? Any feedback? Thanks

Mit invertor uses multi speed, so even with the same compressor, energy consumption is not afftected as it is determined by the pcb.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very little ppl wil buy hitachi.. don go for quietest. i believe u stil can slp w/o aircon, wit windows open last time rite?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Mit invertor uses multi speed, so even with the same compressor, energy consumption is not afftected as it is determined by the pcb.

Hmm..Not sure whether still can change to Mitsubishi or not? paid already.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
u try to call back n ask..

just called. Said can change but the guy is not on duty today, he will call me tomorrow. just pay the difference.

How about Toshiba system3 inverter? Considering change to Toshiba. Any feedback? Thanks

vsml

Reaction score
Hi subht,

Where did u buy yr hitachi aircon?

just called. Said can change but the guy is not on duty today, he will call me tomorrow. just pay the difference.

How about Toshiba system3 inverter? Considering change to Toshiba. Any feedback? Thanks

vsml

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone knows if i can put 2 condenser units on my aircon ledge(cement ledge built by HDB)?

Eg, say i have 1 condenser unit sitting on the ledge now, can i stack up another one on top, or must i install a bracket to secure the 2nd condenser unit?

Some salesperson tells me cannot,HDB dun allow. But i read somewhere here that max no. of condenser in a HDB flat is two condenser unit per flat.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi subht,

Where did u buy yr hitachi aircon?

from Gain City. Today went to HN to ask about Hitachi, the sales guy said: "Hitachi don't make air-con one". Faint.

Lesson learner: don't trust the words from sale guy. Always ask around first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.