Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone knows if i can put 2 condenser units on my aircon ledge(cement ledge built by HDB)?

Eg, say i have 1 condenser unit sitting on the ledge now, can i stack up another one on top, or must i install a bracket to secure the 2nd condenser unit?

Some salesperson tells me cannot,HDB dun allow. But i read somewhere here that max no. of condenser in a HDB flat is two condenser unit per flat.

I saw my upstairs have two. But it is not one stack up another. 2nd is just next to 1st one. (about half to one meter)

terumo

Reaction score
Put 2 outdoor units side by side, or slanting... but check with HDB whether they allow a not.

vsml

Reaction score
U meant side by side? But i juz go check my ledge, currently sitting 1 system 3 condenser unit, side juz only about balance 25cm space, not enough space to put in another.

I saw my upstairs have two. But it is not one stack up another. 2nd is just next to 1st one. (about half to one meter)

vsml

Reaction score
Bro terumo, side not enough space, my ledge is the small type juz enough to hold 1 condenser.

O i forgot about the current required..............is it enough to power two condenser units if i turn both on at the same time? I see the power point is 20Amps. Will trip?

Put 2 outdoor units side by side, or slanting... but check with HDB whether they allow a not.

Both units are system 1

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro terumo, side not enough space, my ledge is the small type juz enough to hold 1 condenser.

O i forgot about the current required..............is it enough to power two condenser units if i turn both on at the same time? I see the power point is 20Amps. Will trip?

Both units are system 1
u need to check here, http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm

if your house is fitted wit 40amps, than u can install the second condenser unit.

vsml

Reaction score
hi sunht,

Depends on what do u expect out of yr aicon system, different brand got different energy savings, type of features u looking for, etc

What do u need?

any feedback/comment about Toshiba Inverter sys3?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
hi sunht,
Depends on what do u expect out of yr aicon system, different brand got different energy savings, type of features u looking for, etc

What do u need?

Just want to get advise should I change from Hitachi (which I've ordered) to Toshiba.

For 3 bed room only. The following are from NEA. But other than the statistics, I would like to know whether Hitachi is recommended to buy or should change to Toshiba. (eg. based on reliability, user feedback, etc)

Hitachi:
RAM-65Q8
Cooling Capacity (kW): 6.26
COP: 3.38
Part Load COP#: 4.66
Annual Energy Consumption: 5431 (Full Load)* 1927*(Partial Load)

Toshiba
RAS-3M20SACV
Cooling Capacity (kW): 5.81
COP: 3.43
Part Load COP#: 4.44
Annual Energy Consumption: 4964 (Full Load) 1898 (Partial Load)

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation to get a cheap and good aircon.. Personal use. as nowdays weather is too hot, i got 2 fans but it doesn't help cool me down.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin Sys3 Non-Inverter
MA56EV1 / 3 x FT25DVM

:)
Here is the pics :)

Very happy so far, very quiet, cool. Just need to touch up the old space where we moved some of the aircon location. Overall - Satisfied! =)

Will be away from this thread for a while :D
And special thanks to some of the folks here for their insight, especially: chunlianghere! You rocks bro!!

Before
dsc01449q.jpg

dsc01445e.jpg

dsc01446ivy.jpg

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here is the pics :)

Very happy so far, very quiet, cool. Just need to touch up the old space where we moved some of the aircon location. Overall - Satisfied! =)

Will be away from this thread for a while :D
And special thanks to some of the folks here for their insight, especially: chunlianghere! You rocks bro!!
u welcome bro! :)

btw nv take a pic of condenser unit? the back n side of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.