Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsml

Reaction score
Hi

Can check if we could now set the aircon to turn ON and OFF at a specified time? Eg i wanna set it to turn on at 9pm and turn off at 8am

My 10yo aircon is set to off at 1hr, or 2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8 hrs..............troublesome sia!

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can check if we could now set the aircon to turn ON and OFF at a specified time? Eg i wanna set it to turn on at 9pm and turn off at 8am

My 10yo aircon is set to off at 1hr, or 2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8 hrs..............troublesome sia!
not all aircon hav the same thing. different brand/model hav different thing.

so if yours dont hav, means dont hav.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys... just wanna share something about my air-con problem. (sigh!)

If you've read my earlier post, I mentioned I upgraded my insulation to 3/4" ARMAFLEX on the copper pipes.

However, water has been accumulating inside the trunking leading to one of my FCUs just 2~3 weeks of running it. :(

GC came to check and it's interesting that it is not the insulation on the copper pipes that's giving problems, rather it was 'sweating' on the drainage pipe instead. GC removed the original insulation on the pipes and use a thicker ARMAFLEX one. That seems to have solved the problem but it has been 2 months and water is slowly being accumulated inside again (sigh!). :(

Anybody has similar experiences or solution? I'm thinking of asking them to run a separate trunking for the drainage pipe... but wonder if it'll help:s8:

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
However, water has been accumulating inside the trunking leading to one of my FCUs just 2~3 weeks of running it. :(

Did GC suggested anything instead of re-route the trucking? BTW, how did you notice the water accumulating inside the trunking? Did water drop from the trucking or the FCU or what?

vsml

Reaction score
Hmm.........1st time i hear drainage pipe can sweat, only know d pipe can choke up with dirt/jelly..........could it be the dainage pipe connector to yr FC dainage joint is not secure properly, causing water to leak into the trunking?

Or is it leaking at the drainage pipe L joint plastic part?

If you've read my earlier post, I mentioned I upgraded my insulation to 3/4" ARMAFLEX on the copper pipes.

GC came to check and it's interesting that it is not the insulation on the copper pipes that's giving problems, rather it was 'sweating' on the drainage pipe instead. GC removed the original insulation on the pipes and use a thicker ARMAFLEX one. That seems to have solved the problem but it has been 2 months and water is slowly being accumulated inside again (sigh!). :(

Anybody has similar experiences or solution? I'm thinking of asking them to run a separate trunking for the drainage pipe... but wonder if it'll help:s8:

Last edited:

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Planning to get a system3 air-con for new house..

can recommend me a brand? Mitsubishi? Panasonic?

Budget is abt 2.5k

thanks..

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Planning to get a system3 air-con for new house..

can recommend me a brand? Mitsubishi? Panasonic?

Budget is abt 2.5k

thanks..

Just installed Panasonic inverter sys3 last Sat. From GC. Very good. cooling very fast and quiet. They extended the 100 NTUC voucher promotion till this month end.
But you'd better measure your place (Ledge, etc) for the compressor first, Panasonic's outdoor unit is quite big.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i dont tink drainage wil sweat one. as long as got insulation for some distance, shldnt be any problem.

if drainage wil sweat, than i tink yr copper pipe wil be like tap water already.:s13:

so it shld be some area, the joint didnt connect properly, or it didnt apply glue, or nv glue properly, so it wil leak.

i tink the GC ppl new comer?:s8:

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, anyone knows what is Evactuation of the system (vacuum process)?

During my installation, I asked them to do an Evacuation of the system (vacuum process) before they 'release' the refrigerant into the system (Follow the instruction given by Singapore Air Con Blog.

But the installer from GC seems don't know (or pretend don't know) this. So in the end, the test was just done by on the Air con and let it run for few hours. So far no problems.

I'm just curious, what is that vacuum process and when you install your Air con, did your installer using that process to test?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, anyone knows what is Evactuation of the system (vacuum process)?

During my installation, I asked them to do an Evacuation of the system (vacuum process) before they 'release' the refrigerant into the system (Follow the instruction given by Singapore Air Con Blog.

But the installer from GC seems don't know (or pretend don't know) this. So in the end, the test was just done by on the Air con and let it run for few hours. So far no problems.

I'm just curious, what is that vacuum process and when you install your Air con, did your installer using that process to test?
i tink this is done for the pressure..

terumo

Reaction score
Vaccuming the system is to clear the copper piping of dirt/moisture/air before connecting all yr copper piping to the outdoor units.
Usually installer will just air purge the piping before testing the system.
Vaccuming the system before testing/commissioning the system will (IMO) lead to cooler air, longer compressor lifespan as no foreign objects are inside yr gas system.
Yr piping shld be just gas inside, be it R22 or R410A. No air, no dirt, no moisture. That's why its called vaccuming. Vaccum means noting inside. No air also, just gas. Vaccum can be used to check for gas leak also, so that before testing for the first time, the installer will roughly know if the equipment or piping is leaking after installation.

If the drainage pipe sweats, it might be the piping gradient is not enough, and water drains off too slowly and leads to condensation.

Just my views... :)

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vaccuming the system is to clear the copper piping of dirt/moisture/air before connecting all yr copper piping to the outdoor units.
Vaccuming the system before testing/commissioning the system will (IMO) lead to cooler air, longer compressor lifespan as no foreign objects are inside yr gas system.
Yr piping shld be just gas inside, be it R22 or R410A. No air, no dirt, no moisture. That's why its called vaccuming. Vaccum means noting inside. No air also, just gas. Vaccum can be used to check for gas leak also, so that before testing for the first time, the installer will roughly know if the equipment or piping is leaking after installation.

If the drainage pipe sweats, it might be the piping gradient is not enough, and water drains off too slowly and leads to condensation.

Just my views... :)
oh ok...tink i remember wrongly.=:p

n i tink mine also didnt do the vaccuming too..

Last edited:

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
... :)

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Did anyone here get installer to do this Evactuation of the system (vacuum process)? As my installer from GC seems didn't know this.

"Usually installer will just air purge the piping before testing the system": Normally how do they do the air purge? Using special equipment or what?

Last edited:

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
Just installed Panasonic inverter sys3 last Sat. From GC. Very good. cooling very fast and quiet. They extended the 100 NTUC voucher promotion till this month end.
But you'd better measure your place (Ledge, etc) for the compressor first, Panasonic's outdoor unit is quite big.

Hi,

how much u bought for ur panasonic inverter? CU-3S27JKZ?

wah any idea how big is the compressor? will go measure the ledge.

BTW for GC any other hidden cost? how many years warranty?

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.