Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

how much u bought for ur panasonic inverter? CU-3S27JKZ?

wah any idea how big is the compressor? will go measure the ledge.

BTW for GC any other hidden cost? how many years warranty?

thanks...

I got it during their extended Expo sale (from Woodland shop). The price is the same as their price now. But with some free things:
- free extended 5 year unlimited warranty
- 100 NTUC voucher (This one i believe now still have till end 31 Aug)

No hidden cost. I thin their their standard warranty is 1+4 years (only first year is unlimited cover). 3 years installation warranty.

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
I got it during their extended Expo sale (from Woodland shop). The price is the same as their price now. But with some free things:
- free extended 5 year unlimited warranty
- 100 NTUC voucher (This one i believe now still have till end 31 Aug)

No hidden cost. I thin their their standard warranty is 1+4 years (only first year is unlimited cover). 3 years installation warranty.

hi mind sharing with me the price? can pm me.. thanks..

so how is the performance of the inverter so far? :D

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
hi mind sharing with me the price? can pm me.. thanks..

so how is the performance of the inverter so far? :D

Panasonic Inverter Sys3 CU-3S27JKZ / CS-S9JKZW X 3. - $2789
Upgrade to Amarflex 1/2'', Gauge 22 Copper pipe - $180

Indoor: 290(H) x 870(W) x 204(D)mm
Outdoor: 795(H) x 875(W) X 320(D)mm

I switched it on every night in order to test, although in past three days, the weather is not hot and even heavy rain at night). No problems so far, very quiet. (indoor and outdoor), cooling very fast, it could be due to its high cooling capacity.

I even bought one room thermal meter to test. The temperature captured in the meter has the same reading as the one I set through remote control.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Panasonic Inverter Sys3 CU-3S27JKZ / CS-S9JKZW X 3. - $2789
Upgrade to Amarflex 1/2'', Gauge 22 Copper pipe - $180

Outdoor: 290(H) x 870(W) x 204(D)mm
Inddor: 795(H) x 875(W) X 320(D)mm

I switched it on every night in order to test, although in past three days, the weather is not hot and even heavy rain at night). No problems so far, very quiet. (indoor and outdoor), cooling very fast, it could be due to its high cooling capacity.

I even bought one room thermal meter to test. The temperature captured in the meter has the same reading as the one I set through remote control.
oh...wat room thermal meter u brought? pic? price?

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I got quoted this..

1) 01 set of Panasonic new Fan Coil Unit 9000 BTU and stainless steel
bracket, exclude MCB & Isolator (CUPC9JKZ / CSPC9JKZ) -

a) To install 01 set of new Fan Coil Unit, copper pipes (total line, 23), insulation (armaflex), trunkings, drain pipes and bracket.
b) To charge in gas and put system into operation.

$980 before gst.. issit worth it?

1 year for complete unit and 1 year for compressor only by agent.
1 year workmanship by ***********.

Thanks

terumo

Reaction score
Air purge is to just release the gas inside yr outdoor unit and purge the air out before tightening the copper pipe connection.
No special equipment is needed.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Compressor warrt shld be 5 years.
i tink he should be saying "additional 1 year warranty on compressor". for mine, where i brought from fairprice xtra, the agent from trends home provide additional 1 year warranty on compressor. so therefore total warranty on compressor is 6 years ba. manufacturer warranty is 5 years.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Air purge is to just release the gas inside yr outdoor unit and purge the air out before tightening the copper pipe connection.

is it the "chi chi" sound?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
i tink he should be saying "additional 1 year warranty on compressor". for mine, where i brought from fairprice xtra, the agent from trends home provide additional 1 year warranty on compressor. so therefore total warranty on compressor is 6 years ba. manufacturer warranty is 5 years.

better check, the standard 5years is not unlimited. only first year is. after one year you still have pay.

Last edited:

gtwagon9191

Reaction score
hi guys

i have a set of system 3 Inverter aircon by toshiba for sale..still in very good condition. using R410a refrigerant. ceiling blacket included.

specs are :
outdoor unit: RAS-3M23YACV - 24,000BTU/Hr x 1 unit
indoor unit: a) RAS-M10NKCV - 9,000BTU/Hr x 2 unit
b) RAS-M13NKCV - 12,000BTU/Hr x 1 unit
retail price @$2900...

pls offer me your price @96901900...pics available .
cheers

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
i dont tink drainage wil sweat one. as long as got insulation for some distance, shldnt be any problem.

if drainage wil sweat, than i tink yr copper pipe wil be like tap water already.:s13:

so it shld be some area, the joint didnt connect properly, or it didnt apply glue, or nv glue properly, so it wil leak.

i tink the GC ppl new comer?:s8:

yup. just when we think we've seen it all... anyhow from what i observe on either the service team or the installation team, one of the GC guys would be an old-bird.

what GC did previously was remove the trunking cover, dry up the moisture inside and we blasted the air-con for about 20 minutes. And as we felt all 3 insulations (2 copper pipes and 1 drainage pipes), we realized the one on the drainage was getting pretty cold.

however i do agree that it may be a minor leak somewhere... even though i see GC apply the glue generously for all the joints.

anyhow, this time they came again to redo the drainage pipes and we decided to re-route the drainage so that it'll flow vertically down much earlier. hopefully that'll help. one thing to note was that half of the original drainage was using the one previously installed by my former free-lance contractor.

so two months after installation, i made a request on Sunday, GC called me up on Monday to fix appt and on Wed they came to attempt to solve the issue FOC. regardless if it'll finally solve my problem, i'm pretty happy with GC's level of service/committment. =:p

Lastly, this is just my sharing. i'm not affliated to GC and i'm NOT recommending anything. Hee. :D

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Vaccuming the system is to clear the copper piping of dirt/moisture/air before connecting all yr copper piping to the outdoor units.
Usually installer will just air purge the piping before testing the system.
Vaccuming the system before testing/commissioning the system will (IMO) lead to cooler air, longer compressor lifespan as no foreign objects are inside yr gas system.Yr piping shld be just gas inside, be it R22 or R410A. No air, no dirt, no moisture. That's why its called vaccuming. Vaccum means noting inside. No air also, just gas. Vaccum can be used to check for gas leak also, so that before testing for the first time, the installer will roughly know if the equipment or piping is leaking after installation.

If the drainage pipe sweats, it might be the piping gradient is not enough, and water drains off too slowly and leads to condensation.

Just my views... :)

ya... that makes sense: vaccuming the air before releasing the refrigerant into the pipes, but I dun think GC did that during my installation. =:p

well, i'm pretty sure my initial drainage pipe was pretty horizontal for the first 1~2 meters, and incidentally this is also where the minor dripping occurred. (maybe like 1 drop per 5 minutes?). =:p

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score

hm... so is this purging the pipes with the gas (oredi inside the outdoor unit from manufacturer) to flush out the air in the copper pipes? :s11:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hm... so is this purging the pipes with the gas (oredi inside the outdoor unit from manufacturer) to flush out the air in the copper pipes? :s11:
it is like plurgin all the air out from the copper pipe ba. also any other things which appears in the copper pipe also suck out.

but majority did not do this... but well, it stil works well..:)

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
it is like plurgin all the air out from the copper pipe ba. also any other things which appears in the copper pipe also suck out.

but majority did not do this... but well, it stil works well..:)

Have you seen how they do this "Plurgin all air out from the copper pipe?" I'm just curious (still canot visualize) how they do this without special equipment.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score

Have you seen how they do this "Plurgin all air out from the copper pipe?" I'm just curious (still canot visualize) how they do this without special equipment.

Maybe it's like what i described in earlier post?

Compressors come with refridgerant gas, so maybe it's just using existing gas in the compressor to flush (or purge) out the air present in the copper pipes. =:p

terumo

Reaction score
To people who are going to install aircon, this air purge will be done just before they on your aircon for the first time. They will purge the air while they are doing the final tightening of all your nut connection @ the outdoor unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.