View Single Post
Old 31-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #810
seahmh

price looks quite gd wit $100 ntuc voucher + upgrade to 1/2" insulation..

To ALL who is going to install new aircon/copper pipe truckin installation:
Do look the copper piping(wit insulation) laid in the trucking b4 cover up. make sure the copper pipe is not popping out. wat i mean is tat the copper pipe is not straight in the truckin, some bends which is over the thickness of the truckin. so therefore when the truckin is cover up, the copper pipe/insulation is against the cover of the truckin. this wil causes the insulation to decrease its thickness, which eventually become flat. at tat time condensation/sweating wil come out at tat area. this wil also cause wastage of electricity.

for mine, i hav already repair it myself many areas which the insulation is flat(which i can c sweating at tat area).
Thanks for your advice, chnlianghere.

Update :
Giving the benefit of doubt to the air-con contractor that my ID recommended, the air-con contractor SMSed me just after lunch today that for the price of S$2,100 he quoted me for the Panasonic Sys 3, it will be G22 pipings with Armaflex 3/4" insulation foam. There will also be a S$100 NTUC vouchers.

All my other air-con quotes with the same price are using only G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation foam.

Guess becuse it is through my ID's recommendation that I am getting a better deal with the same price.

Think I will stick to the air-con contractor recommended by my ID.

Thanks for your advice.