Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypj_88

Reaction score
Congrats man!

Post pic before and after? :)

I simply loved mine, Daikin! Very cool and quiet. Too bad it lacks some of new good feature like fan after shutdown to prevent mould. I dont need inverter as we have less usage =)

Hi bro Mike, will post pic later.

Currently, me manually set fan mode in morning, before off aircon.

Not too sure what's temp u set. For me, i normally set at 25-26dec. Most of the time, compressor already cut out, running fan only :s13:.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro Mike, will post pic later.

Currently, me manually set fan mode in morning, before off aircon.

Not too sure what's temp u set. For me, i normally set at 25-26dec. Most of the time, compressor already cut out, running fan only :s13:.
how long do u let it run fan mode?

25/26 degrees is the most optimised temp. cos at tat time, the temp is reached, tats y the compressor is stop.

congrats on your new aircon!

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys, I am new here.

I am installing my air-con, System 3 soon.

Is Pansonic Envio, NON-Inverter, good enough??

Any negative feedback about this air-con?

Also, which foam brand is better?

Armaflex or Accoflex? One air-con contractor quoted me with Armaflex while the other quoted me with Accoflex. Both quoted me 3/8" thick insulating foam.

I tried to google for both brands, but can't seemed to get any useful comparison between the two.

Can any experienced person be kind enough to advise me???

I had requested for a 1/2" thick foam compared to the normal 3/8" foam which both air-con guy quoted me. Still waiting for their quote on the 1/2" thick foam.

Thanks in advance for any advice(s).

Thank you.
if u hav a choice to choose, go for armaflex.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score

25/26 degrees is the most optimised temp. cos at tat time, the temp is reached, tats y the compressor is stop.

Can check Does this "compressor stop" thing happen to Inverter Air-con too? I thought for inverter air-con, it will keep running even the temp is reached. No more on and off frequently like non-inverter.

I maybe wrong.

terumo

Reaction score
Invertor aircon, compressor will run @ slower speed when temp set is reach. (like car idling). When temp is maintained or drops furthers, compressor will still cut off.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Invertor aircon, compressor will run @ slower speed when temp set is reach. (like car idling). When temp is maintained or drops furthers, compressor will still cut off.

Thanks.
Another question, how to see compressor is on or off? is it from the fan at outdoor unit.

Let's say if i saw the fan at outdoor unit (Inverter Air Con) stop after sometime running (Meanwhile my indoor FCU stopped blowing too, but i didn't switch it off), does that mean the compressor is stopped too?

Last edited:

seahmh

Reaction score
if u hav a choice to choose, go for armaflex.

Thanks for your advice, chunlianghere.

I was quoted Panasonic Envio 3 using G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation @ S$2,200 comes with S$100 NTUC vouchers while stock last.

Is it worth?

I am looking at negotiating the price down to either S$2,100 with the S$100 NTUC vouchers OR S$2,000 WITHOUT the S$100 NTUC vouchers.

Any advice(s)?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
R22/R410a, Gauge 23 piping is enough.
Gauge 22 is for commerical or industrial use. G22 pipe very thick, resulting in big trunking which u wouldn't want it flying around your hse.

If installation using G23 piping, no bent or cross piping. Chances of sweating occuring is very low, with Class 1 insulation.
If your piping is say G24 with bent portion, even using the thickest insulation with Class 0 grade will not help to solve the sweating/condensation problem.

So bros/sis here, if installing aircon, get G23 piping with Class 1 insulation will do, provided the installers uses benders to bend your piping @ corners and pipes are lay nicely inside the trunking.
Some might tink Class 0 insulation are better. IMO, wats the use of buying good speakers for your car when the head unit is not good enough to project such a good sound? Just stating an example.

Just my views.

i totally agree with this. ;)

listen to this guy... he knows his stuffs. =:p

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, chunlianghere.

I was quoted Panasonic Envio 3 using G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation @ S$2,200 comes with S$100 NTUC vouchers while stock last.

Is it worth?

I am looking at negotiating the price down to either S$2,100 with the S$100 NTUC vouchers OR S$2,000 WITHOUT the S$100 NTUC vouchers.

Any advice(s)?

Thanks in advance. :)
price looks quite gd wit $100 ntuc voucher + upgrade to 1/2" insulation..

To ALL who is going to install new aircon/copper pipe truckin installation:
Do look the copper piping(wit insulation) laid in the trucking b4 cover up. make sure the copper pipe is not popping out. wat i mean is tat the copper pipe is not straight in the truckin, some bends which is over the thickness of the truckin. so therefore when the truckin is cover up, the copper pipe/insulation is against the cover of the truckin. this wil causes the insulation to decrease its thickness, which eventually become flat. at tat time condensation/sweating wil come out at tat area. this wil also cause wastage of electricity.

for mine, i hav already repair it myself many areas which the insulation is flat(which i can c sweating at tat area).

Last edited:

seahmh

Reaction score
price looks quite gd wit $100 ntuc voucher + upgrade to 1/2" insulation..

To ALL who is going to install new aircon/copper pipe truckin installation:
Do look the copper piping(wit insulation) laid in the trucking b4 cover up. make sure the copper pipe is not popping out. wat i mean is tat the copper pipe is not straight in the truckin, some bends which is over the thickness of the truckin. so therefore when the truckin is cover up, the copper pipe/insulation is against the cover of the truckin. this wil causes the insulation to decrease its thickness, which eventually become flat. at tat time condensation/sweating wil come out at tat area. this wil also cause wastage of electricity.

for mine, i hav already repair it myself many areas which the insulation is flat(which i can c sweating at tat area).

Thanks for your advice, chnlianghere.

Update :
Giving the benefit of doubt to the air-con contractor that my ID recommended, the air-con contractor SMSed me just after lunch today that for the price of S$2,100 he quoted me for the Panasonic Sys 3, it will be G22 pipings with Armaflex 3/4" insulation foam. There will also be a S$100 NTUC vouchers.

All my other air-con quotes with the same price are using only G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation foam.

Guess becuse it is through my ID's recommendation that I am getting a better deal with the same price.

Think I will stick to the air-con contractor recommended by my ID.

Thanks for your advice. :)

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Update :
Giving the benefit of doubt to the air-con contractor that my ID recommended, the air-con contractor SMSed me just after lunch today that for the price of S$2,100 he quoted me for the Panasonic Sys 3, it will be G22 pipings with Armaflex 3/4" insulation foam. There will also be a S$100 NTUC vouchers.

All my other air-con quotes with the same price are using only G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation foam.

Guess becuse it is through my ID's recommendation that I am getting a better deal with the same price.

wow...tat is very gd!

but than havin 3/4" insulation wil make your truckin more thicker leh. so dont really recommend very thick one. although "the thicker the better", but no point use tat thick. 1/2" insulation is really enough.. using 3/4" is too kiasu.:s13:

Last edited:

seahmh

Reaction score
wow...tat is very gd!

but than havin 3/4" insulation wil make your truckin more thicker leh. so dont really recommend very thick one. although "the thicker the better", but no point use tat thick. 1/2" insulation is really enough.. using 3/4" is too kiasu.:s13:

Yes, Sir, you are right.

For the 3/4" insulation foam, he mentioned that the trucking will be 6 x 4", which is super super thick and bulky in my master bed-room.

But luckily, it is only by the side of the wall furthest away for my room door, plus with the bed in the middle of the room, the trucking may not be so obvious from outside.

Well, when he came to my empty place to look at the rooms and give me a quote, he brought along a small sample of the foam, a short stretch of the copper pipings and also a small section of the 6 X 4" truckings and provided me with the quote mentioned above.

I did ask him whether the whole installation will be cheaper if I choose 1/2" Armaflex foam instead, however, he has not reply me yet. :)

terumo

Reaction score
When compressor cut off, the outdoor will stop running but indoor will continue to run.

mypj_88

Reaction score

Thanks for your help, ChunLiang.

Initially, GC quoted ME sys4, with 5yrs warranty + upgrade + 1yr servicing $4.7.
Last 2wks I passby GC CCK to look look see see wash machine, lcd..., Same sale man told me GC has promotion on 22nd-23 Aug, free 5yrs warranty. He quoted me MHI, sys4, with 5warranty + upgrade, $3999 with interest free installment. Compare to ME & MHI, around $500 difference, so I purchased MHI. Installation, mid Sept.

Current national sys3 Aircon (i think it's non inverter, from previous owner), I switched to fan mode around 8+, then my wife will off it around 10.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, ChunLiang.

Initially, GC quoted ME sys4, with 5yrs warranty + upgrade + 1yr servicing $4.7.
Last 2wks I passby GC CCK to look look see see wash machine, lcd..., Same sale man told me GC has promotion on 22nd-23 Aug, free 5yrs warranty. He quoted me MHI, sys4, with 5warranty + upgrade, $3999 with interest free installment. Compare to ME & MHI, around $500 difference, so I purchased MHI. Installation, mid Sept.

Current national sys3 Aircon (i think it's non inverter, from previous owner), I switched to fan mode around 8+, then my wife will off it around 10.
ok.. remember to take pic of your new aircon installation! old aircon also..:D

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
wow...tat is very gd!

hehehe... that's me! Kiasu using 3/4"! hehe... =:p

some places my trunkings are a massive 4" x 8"! :s22:

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score

Update :

hm... judging from the price, it must be a non-inverter rite?

although i do agree that G22 piping + 3/4" insulation seems somewhat overkill... then again it is better materials he is using... so why not? As long as if you can stand the huge trunkings. =:p

Also, if the installer anyhow bend the copper pipes without proper tools (as pointed out by terumo), and the pipes end up not cylindrical you'll get build-up and lost in pressure along the bent areas which would lead to very cold spots and sweating even if you do have 3/4" insulation. :(

For me, i would take a day off and be present during the installation just to make sure they dun cut corners to save time. :look:

seahmh

Reaction score
hm... judging from the price, it must be a non-inverter rite?

although i do agree that G22 piping + 3/4" insulation seems somewhat overkill... then again it is better materials he is using... so why not? As long as if you can stand the huge trunkings. =:p

Also, if the installer anyhow bend the copper pipes without proper tools (as pointed out by terumo), and the pipes end up not cylindrical you'll get build-up and lost in pressure along the bent areas which would lead to very cold spots and sweating even if you do have 3/4" insulation. :(

For me, i would take a day off and be present during the installation just to make sure they dun cut corners to save time. :look:

Yes, it is a non-inverter. All the air-con guys who came to view and quote me said that the compressor for Inverters are too big to be shifted out of the window to the air-con ledge outside.

Except maybe the D@ikin inverters. But then D@ikin inverters system are way way over my budget, so I decided on a Panas0nic Envi0 System 3.

Ok, thanks for all your advices, I will definitely apply for a day's leave to see that they do not cut corners. But then again, how can we know that they do not "anyhow bend the copper pipings" till the copper pipings are NOT cyclindrical anymore? I mean I can see the pipings after they bend it, if the pipings are still cylindrical or not. But then what are the "proper tools" that they should be using?

Also, if on the day itself, if I see that they anyhow bend the pipings and the pipings no longer is cylindrical in shape at the bends, can I point out to them and request them to use a new pipes to re-bend??

I mean I scared, later those air-con guys will give me that "don't teach a father how to corpulate" type of face and attitude...

Sorry if I am asking a lot of things at one go. :)

Last edited:

seahmh

Reaction score
After reading through terumo's posting (quoted by "thesingingbard"), terumo mentioned about bending the copper pipings using benders (the proper tools), think I understand what he means and what a "proper tool" should be.

Thanks everybody for all your valuable advices.

Sorry if I appear stupid here, cos I am not very sure with all these technical stuffs, as I am a Biotech student... So such technical stuffs, not very good at it... Still learning...

Thanks for all your patience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.