View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #826
sonic
Arch-Supremacy Member

My advice, get a good installer (which comes @ a higher price). Leave it to them to do the job. Cos if you watch them install and "teach" or "request" them what to do. This might make them very uncomfortable to work. There are many ways for them to sabo u.

The installers are just workers or contractors of the company. Treat them a bit nice, like buying lunch for them. Tell them that this aircon system might last you for 5-10 years and hope they can do their best to lay the pipings nicely so that it can last you through the years w/o much problems.

No person in the service line wants a demanding/"smart alec" customer. Treat them nice and the serviceman might be willing to go the extra mile for you.

Juz my views...
Hi, chunlianghere, terumo, thesingingbard,

Thanks for all your advices.

I also don't wish to be a demanding/"smart alec" customer "teach a father how to corpulate".

I will be there just to over-see the renovations and not give them too much troubles.

I understand what terumo is saying. Yes, if we nasty with them (be it the air-con installers, the carpenters doing my kitchen cabinets), there are many many ways that they can sabo the renovations.

Yes, I understand too, that we have to treat them nicer so that they might be willing to go the extra mile for us.

I have already make up my mind to buy some drinks or snacks up for them when I go "visiting" the renovations.

I know that if we treat them nice, they will do a nice job for us.

I don't mind spending a little bit of money to buy drinks for them in exchange for a trouble-free renovations.

Thanks very much for all your advices.

Really appreciate it very much.

Cheers.
It is better to buy lunch/drink for the installers.. they are human too...
Treat them nice & they will do a good job for you..human nature..

When the 2 tech from GC installed my AC last year Oct, I treated them with lunch
and almost 1 dozen cans of chilled 100plus...
When they doing their jobs, I just sat at hall with my kids watching TV.. just once a while
went over to take a look and chit chat with the more senior tech..
No issue or any problem/leaking with the installation till now..