View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #842
chunlianghere
Supremacy Member

hm... perhaps Chunliang was right afterall... but then... my old Fujitsu was using R22... anyhow, that's in the past! yhew!

Daikin eh? hm... I guess i'd try Daikin next.... hopefully over 10 years later.

with regards to performance, any significant diff betw R22 & R410a? i've read claims that R410a is more efficient as a refridgerant, what's your opinion?
Chunliang, any thoughts on this?
yup..r410a is more efficient. as previous post mention, drainage pipe hav to be insulated due to the extreme coldness after r410a came out. from wat i tink tat r410a is faster in changing from hot high pressure to cold low pressure, n when it arrived to evapourator(fcu), the temp is alot lower than r22. therefore it cools the room faster becos of lower temp ba.
*edit: tats y i was wondering inverter total btu is always higher than non-inverter for many brand/model. i mean multi split.

so if u were to compare non-inverter of r22 n r410a, r410a is efficient to r22.

but maintenance wise, r22 is better as terumo said.

correct me if there's wrong.

Since there is a possibility of terumo being an air-con contractor or in the air-con business, I am not sure whether there is any "conflict of interest" or "spoil the market" or "breach of any regulations" with revealing what my ID's air-con contractor has quoted me.

I received his quotation via e-mail. He qouted me a price with all these :
(1) Panas0nic Multi Split unit model : CU-3C20JKZ X 1,
(2) Panas0nic Model : CS-C9JKZW fan coils X 3,
quotation includes supply and installation charges, includes trunking, copper pipes, Thermosflex insulation CIs (3/4" with 3 years warranty)
(3) This quotation not includes power supply.

Can I ask what is meant by this "does not include power supply"?? What does he mean by the "power supply"??

Also, Thermosflex is better than Armaflex, right??

Sorry, almost forgot to mention that my air-con contractor SMS last night that I will get the NTUC vouchers.

Guess I will sign the quotation with him, since his offer is better than the other contractors, which I have asked to come take a look at my 4-room HDB.

If one is interested to know what price, do PM me. I don't wish to get into any form of trouble with revealing the price here.

And if you find it cheap and interested to install for your home, I can recommend the air-con contractor to you.

Sorry, terumo, don't mean to "undercut" you or "spoil your business" here, if you are really in the air-con business.
"does not include power supply" means socket installation for aircon is not included. which i mean the female round pin used for high power consumption.

Last edited by chunlianghere; 03-09-2009 at 02:57 PM..