View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #847
seahmh

Bro Chunlianghere is right, Class 0 is better in terms of resistant to fire, but we are talking about water droplets from condensation here, so i think Class 0 or Class 1 doesn not make any big difference. Copper piping grade is more important.

To Bro Seahmh, duh worry. I duh advertise my services here. We are all here to share. Any one saw me posting my contact and asking people to contact me? Hee...

I just hope more people are aware of basic installation terms and duh pay for "upgrades" here and there which you don't need.
3/8 insulation is enough for normal hdb. If concealed piping, use 1/2.
Drainage 13 or 16mm also can.
Just my views.
Hi, terumo,

No. I am not saying that you will or are advertising your services here. I just do not wish to offend you or anyone unknowingly here, as we know sometimes, postings in the cyber-world may get mis-interrupted by others and misunderstanding can arise.

No offence to you with my posting.

So, is Thermaflex better or Armaflex better??

I asked around a few friends, all said they only use Armaflex.

The air-con contractor also told me when he came to see my place that he will be using Armaflex insulation. Then when I SMS him about the price, he also replied that he will be using G22, 3/4" Armaflex insulation, but then in his quotation, he quoted Thermaflex, which is why I am quite concerned.

I will definitely double, triple confirm with him again on this Sat before I sign on the quotation and pass him the cheque for deposit.

Hope to seek some advices here on whether Thermaflex (or Thermosflex) is better or Armaflex is better.

To lay-man like myself, since most people say Armaflex better, I will have the thinking that Armaflex is better than Thermaflex.