Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWP6998

Reaction score
ya..G22 is better than G23 as the thickness is thicker. but in this case, G23 is enough liao.

ok..:D

argh... been chop!!
they like say mine is R410 for the refrigerant... the gas travel at below 0 degree... so advise me to get upgrade for pipe to last longer.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
argh... been chop!!
they like say mine is R410 for the refrigerant... the gas travel at below 0 degree... so advise me to get upgrade for pipe to last longer.
how come been chop?

yup...most inverter uses R410. which is colder than R22. so its gd to upgrade to 1/2" insulation.

Reaction score
Scrapped my 5 year old McQuay system 4 and replaced with a Mitsubishi Heavy Industry system 3 this May. So far so good. No complains.

By the way McQuay been taken over by Daikin.

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one has any recommendations for buying lights, e.g. ceilings lights for my living room, my three bed-rooms, my kitchen, also the dimmer lights for my false ceilings??

The contractor broght my wife and I to the so-called "affiliated" lights shops at Balestier Road... Prices not very attractive, I was hoping to look for a third opinion from another light shop. I only know Tai Yong near Selegie Road...

Thanks in advance. :)

The whole stretch of balestier road are mostly lightings shops, you can take a walk there or go renotalk dot com to seek reviews. One of the most popular shop highlighted there is lightings dot com dot sg but seems like no delivery. Prices shown on website seems to be cheap. I gotten mine from Dreamz Lights opp of shaw plaza, sales & delivery svcs are good, i got my own electrician to install.

seahmh

Reaction score
The whole stretch of balestier road are mostly lightings shops, you can take a walk there or go renotalk dot com to seek reviews. One of the most popular shop highlighted there is lightings dot com dot sg but seems like no delivery. Prices shown on website seems to be cheap. I gotten mine from Dreamz Lights opp of shaw plaza, sales & delivery svcs are good, i got my own electrician to install.

Hi, jtec14,

Thanks very much for your advices.

I always find light shops along Blastier Road a bit on the expensive side. Even when my ID brought me to their "so-called" affiliated two light shops and one sanitary shop at Blastier, which "so-called" offer a 10% discount and the shops will absorb the GST, the price of the sanitary products like rain shower set, taps, stove + hood, kitchen sink, etc... are more expensive than another shop (which I purchased the items) near to Selegie, the two-storey shopping center.

Ok, maybe I will drop renotalk dot com and your recommendation of Dreamz Lights to see see look look. :)

Thanks for your advices once again.

Cheers. :)

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, jtec14,

Thanks very much for your advices.

I always find light shops along Blastier Road a bit on the expensive side. Even when my ID brought me to their "so-called" affiliated two light shops and one sanitary shop at Blastier, which "so-called" offer a 10% discount and the shops will absorb the GST, the price of the sanitary products like rain shower set, taps, stove + hood, kitchen sink, etc... are more expensive than another shop (which I purchased the items) near to Selegie, the two-storey shopping center.

Ok, maybe I will drop renotalk dot com and your recommendation of Dreamz Lights to see see look look. :)

Thanks for your advices once again.

Cheers. :)

No prob, just sharing. Along the balestier stretch, not all are expensive. I got my Cuizino Hob + Cuizino hood + Franke kitchen sink + Franke mixer tap package at Excel Asia (mainly sanitaryware), services also not bad, look for Desmond, quite a knowledgable and flexible guy as i changed one of the package item with topup although other staff are rather stiff about it.

Btw the correct name for the lightshop is Dreams Lights at 317 Balestier Rd.

Anyway got to bargain hard at all shops if you buying a lot of items. This is what I learnt while going through my reno. :)

Last edited:

seahmh

Reaction score
No prob, just sharing. Along the balestier stretch, not all are expensive. I got my Cuizino Hob + Cuizino hood + Franke kitchen sink + Franke mixer tap package at Excel Asia (mainly sanitaryware), services also not bad, look for Desmond, quite a knowledgable and flexible guy as i changed one of the package item with topup although other staff are rather stiff about it.

Btw the correct name for the lightshop is Dreams Lights at 317 Balestier Rd.

Anyway got to bargain hard at all shops if you buying a lot of items. This is what I learnt while going through my reno. :)

Thank you. Thank you, jtec14. :)

LWP6998

Reaction score
Scrapped my 5 year old McQuay system 4 and replaced with a Mitsubishi Heavy Industry system 3 this May. So far so good. No complains.

By the way McQuay been taken over by Daikin.

MHI sys 3 was in my mind too... when did you bought it?

S.M. at GC initially intro this MHI sys 3 to me.. around 2800 plus too...

then when i went to another GC, another S.M told me they received a quite a few complaints on sounds like pss pss sounds dunnno from the sys or the A/c pipe.... can you share if there is any such psss psss sounds?

and intro me to Hitachi... (malaysia made)....

however, Me ended up getting Toshiba... cause all the 3 brands (ME/ MHI and Toshiba), after calculating... M.E used up more $ in electricity than MHI and Toshiba...

:s12:

Reaction score

then when i went to another GC, another S.M told me they received a quite a few complaints on sounds like pss pss sounds dunnno from the sys or the A/c pipe.... can you share if there is any such psss psss sounds?

however, Me ended up getting Toshiba... cause all the 3 brands (ME/ MHI and Toshiba), after calculating... M.E used up more $ in electricity than MHI and Toshiba...

Bought in 12th May. Installed on 25th May.

I have not heard any sounds from the pipe, but will moniter.

The original price was $2499. I paid $100 more to upgrade to a system 4 compressor with 3 blowers.

The electric bill dropped 40% as compared to the McQuay inverter.

LWP6998

Reaction score
Bought in 12th May. Installed on 25th May.

I have not heard any sounds from the pipe, but will moniter.

The original price was $2499. I paid $100 more to upgrade to a system 4 compressor with 3 blowers.

The electric bill dropped 40% as compared to the McQuay inverter.

OIC, so the final price paid is $2599 (including gst)?, from GC?

BTW what is the BTU for your sys 4 compressor?

and the btu for your FCU?

did you do any upgrade of pipe?

seahmh

Reaction score
Your aircon outdoor unit sit on ledge or s/s bracket?
If no need bracket, $3k is a bit on the high side.

Hi, Mr terumo,

I have PM-ed you.

Seeking your expert advices before I commit to the Invertor.

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
OIC, so the final price paid is $2599 (including gst)?, from GC?

BTW what is the BTU for your sys 4 compressor?

and the btu for your FCU?

did you do any upgrade of pipe?

No. From Best Tech.

Did read some negative reviews from the forum. But went ahead with the installation any way.

Compressor I think 36K BTU. Need to check the spec to confirm.
Fan coil is 9000 each.

No upgrade for pipes, just install with whatever they provide.

vsml

Reaction score
Mine is MHI system 1.

Very quiet, no pss pss sounds lah........until 1st few nights i got problem getting to sleep cos too quiet............ :s22:

Have to turn to highest speed for the wind sound to kill the silence of the night!

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys, any recommendation for this system?

INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-GA13VA / MSXY-GD18VA

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=1870

Non-INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=2271

Anyone using is it good? My usage is like, 10 to 15 hours per day during sleeping time...

Sometimes afternoon will on about 2-3 hours....

So getting inverter is it good?

I heard the parts of the inverter to repair is sightly more expensive than non-inverter unit right?

Haman

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning to get a new aircon system install to my new flat. Attached is my floor plan. It's either a sys 2 or 3 for the bedrooms only but as you can see bedroom 2 is detached away. Any advice on installing? Installing materials should be standard, 16mm with R410A and G23...1/2" pipe? Thanks.
myflat.jpg

tinydot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just installed 2 units of s/split of Panasonic a/c, CS-C9JKZW(CU-C9JKZ). However at 24deg, the air is cooling, but not cold. is that normal? does it need time to warm up or smtg?

vsml

Reaction score
Doesn't seems normal..............why dun u try setting the temp at 18deg, and see how.

Call the aircon-man if still not cold.

i just installed 2 units of s/split of Panasonic a/c, CS-C9JKZW(CU-C9JKZ). However at 24deg, the air is cooling, but not cold. is that normal? does it need time to warm up or smtg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.