Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWP6998

Reaction score
i just installed 2 units of s/split of Panasonic a/c, CS-C9JKZW(CU-C9JKZ). However at 24deg, the air is cooling, but not cold. is that normal? does it need time to warm up or smtg?

Toshiba at 25deg was already quite cooling on a hot afternoon... if your problem is still showing get the serviceman, since just installed should have the warranty... plus installation warrantly too to make sure the pippings are in order...

LWP6998

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning to get a new aircon system install to my new flat. Attached is my floor plan. It's either a sys 2 or 3 for the bedrooms only but as you can see bedroom 2 is detached away. Any advice on installing? Installing materials should be standard, 16mm with R410A and G23...1/2" pipe? Thanks.
myflat.jpg

some place charge for extra length of pipping... so make sure that you get the salesman to confirm that the free installation comes with free pipping regardless of length... cause from your floormap, quite a distance from Air/con Comp.

Also got to take into consideration if you want to hide your trunks? as if you put out, your house will look full of truckings. if you hide it... when Air/con got problem... hard to dianogse if pipe is leaking... so think twice.......:)

LWP6998

Reaction score
Guys, any recommendation for this system?

INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-GA13VA / MSXY-GD18VA

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=1870

Non-INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=2271

Anyone using is it good? My usage is like, 10 to 15 hours per day during sleeping time...

Sometimes afternoon will on about 2-3 hours....

So getting inverter is it good?

I heard the parts of the inverter to repair is sightly more expensive than non-inverter unit right?

B4 finalising your Aircon deal (sys 2 or 3) , should get a patience SM to calculate the estimated price of the electricity bill (if you know how to calculate the price of electricity then diy)... like to on it for a period of 8hrs per day on a 30 days........ compare it with a few other brands like Hitachi, Toshiba, Samsung, LG, MHI... make sure they are having similar BTU for the comp.... and similar FCU too... then you can better decide... at first... i was also all out for ME, despite of the Xpensive $$.........

:s12:

allesgute

Reaction score
Hi vsml

How is ur MHI aircon, i am thinking to get this also. But this brand is less known to public as compared to ME and Daikin.

Another option for me is Toshiba sys3 inverter, anybody can feedback on this aircon brand?

vsml

Reaction score
hi allesgute

MHI is great, no regrets! It have the self-cleaning dryer feature and the left/right air flap control which are what i wanted. ME dun have these two features and daikin only have the dryer feature. I choose MHI is becos it's the 2nd most energy saving among the 3 brands.

When i was doing my research, i consider that mechanical features was more important than those filters features as i could buy a seperate air purifier, but flap control and dryer feature can't be bought seperately.

I did a energy comparision for toshiba single split. Full load energy cost $ 470(ACV model), $458(AV-E)

Daikin $404, MHI $392, ME $331

Hi vsml

How is ur MHI aircon, i am thinking to get this also. But this brand is less known to public as compared to ME and Daikin.

Another option for me is Toshiba sys3 inverter, anybody can feedback on this aircon brand?

allesgute

Reaction score
Thanks for ur feedback....vsml

By the way, when did u buy that? I want to know the performance of this aircon brand after couple of years....
Anyone had used MHI for years? Thanks

LWP6998

Reaction score
hi allesgute

MHI is great, no regrets! It have the self-cleaning dryer feature and the left/right air flap control which are what i wanted. ME dun have these two features and daikin only have the dryer feature. I choose MHI is becos it's the 2nd most energy saving among the 3 brands.

When i was doing my research, i consider that mechanical features was more important than those filters features as i could buy a seperate air purifier, but flap control and dryer feature can't be bought seperately.

I did a energy comparision for toshiba single split. Full load energy cost $ 470(ACV model), $458(AV-E)

Daikin $404, MHI $392, ME $331

Hi, can share what is your specs? yours sys1? inverter? and the btu for your compressor and FC unit if possible thanks..

Hi vsml

Hi, i just bought a Toshiba sys 3 from GC.. Compressor is 24000 BTU model - RAS3M20SACV INVERTER. * 1 (made in Japan)

INDOOR UNIT * 3
RASM10SKCV - 9000BTU EACH (made in Thailand).
Total cost $2739/-, for more details refer to my post on 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM.

digisales

Reaction score
hi gurus, i am looking for a sys4 for 3 rooms and living. my usage will probably be 2 rooms daily for ard 10hrs average, while the other room and living will only be occasionally. understand that for sys4, onli inverter models are avaliable? any recommended brand/models to consider and the btu for each indoor unit? saw some bros reco MHI? TIA!

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi gurus, i am looking for a sys4 for 3 rooms and living. my usage will probably be 2 rooms daily for ard 10hrs average, while the other room and living will only be occasionally. understand that for sys4, onli inverter models are avaliable? any recommended brand/models to consider and the btu for each indoor unit? saw some bros reco MHI? TIA!
system4 also available on non-inverter too.

btu for each indoor unit is around 9000btu..

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what could be the problem?

One of my blower unit will always have water droplets on the louvrers in the morning. Running at 23 degrees whereas my master bedroom at 24 degrees does not have such issue. Is it due temp too low?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
any Panasonic inverter users here?
When you set the fan speed to Auto (cool mode), does your indoor unit (FCU) stop running occasionally?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what could be the problem?

One of my blower unit will always have water droplets on the louvrers in the morning. Running at 23 degrees whereas my master bedroom at 24 degrees does not have such issue. Is it due temp too low?
mayb u describe your problem more briefly? wat brand n model u using?

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mayb u describe your problem more briefly? wat brand n model u using?

I think I have the same system as you IIRC, Daikin MA56EV1 / 3 x FT25DVM non-invertor.
Some water droplets will form at the louver there with some drippings on the floor every morning.

Currently I am turning to fan mode to fan dry it for a while before switching it off every morning.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I have the same system as you IIRC, Daikin MA56EV1 / 3 x FT25DVM non-invertor.
Some water droplets will form at the louver there with some drippings on the floor every morning.

Currently I am turning to fan mode to fan dry it for a while before switching it off every morning.
wa...so jialat arh drip on the floor?

the fcu at the louver there where water droplets form is when the aircon is on? or off? or after off?

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm using toshiba sys 3 inverter. somehow, these few days, i realize that the one in my room is not cold anymore, even when i switch down to 20degrees, i cant feel the coolness in the room. its not in Auto mode..

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa...so jialat arh drip on the floor?

the fcu at the louver there where water droplets form is when the aircon is on? or off? or after off?

Yah luckily not alot, few drops and keep my fingers crossed, if not my parquet flooring jialat.
I am not sleeping in the room, so every morning i go over, there will be some droplets on the louver and on the parts slightly inside. So i should think the droplets should have formed when the aircon is on through the nite.
Will try to take a look when i on tonite.

The other side of the wall is my study room, both fcu are directly laid agst each other on both sides of the wall. No water droplets formed and I seldom on that aircon. However when i on it, the first few mins, i can feel some water drops shooting out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.