[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ermm. no brand one leh.on the cooler they put tinytechp1 lols. got it from the earlier of dis year's itfair.

_N_o_S_

Master Member
Reaction score
ok. i plugin my notebook cooler and it plunge down from 70plus till almost 50 now. right after my installation of snow leopard.

I suppose the 70+ is right after the installation of Snow Leopard? The idle temp for most of us is about 50+ deg. Don't think there's any laptop cooler that is SO efficient.

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suppose the 70+ is right after the installation of Snow Leopard? The idle temp for most of us is about 50+ deg. Don't think there's any laptop cooler that is SO efficient.

so the temp will go down. ya the temp was 70plus after installation right after. so the notebook cooler is useless lo.. lols. they said notebook cooler is useless. so its jus my "illusion"

emuji

Reaction score
ok. i plugin my notebook cooler and it plunge down from 70plus till almost 50 now. right after my installation of snow leopard.

cooler affecting the CPU temp is negligible. the most cooler does is to take away the heat on the surface of the mac, cos there's no exhaust underneath. could it be a different condition you're running in?

i did not install the istatmenu before SL. my friend's Mac is on leopard but also running 70+ just on surfing the net. therefore, i don't think SL is the cause.

Last edited:

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you guys recommend a good wireless n router for use with macbook pro 13"?

PetPet

Reaction score
using a WRT300N linksys here able to connect from my kitchen (1st level) when my room is directly above with full bars.

_N_o_S_

Master Member
Reaction score
cooler affecting the CPU temp is negligible. the most cooler does is to take away the heat on the surface of the mac, cos there's no exhaust underneath. could it be a different condition you're running in?

i did install the istatmenu before SL. my friend's Mac is on leopard but also running 70+ just on surfing the net. therefore, i don't think SL is the cause.

I was trying to say that could it be that the process of installing SL (mac under load) have caused the temperatures to rise? Not installing SL itself. Anyway, SL is great!

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok guys. after my sl. in aircon room. play one youtube vid. it shoot to 60deg for nth!! wth. i using mozilla firefox. isit normal or wad. it nv shoot 60 b4. even im not in aircon

PetPet

Reaction score
ok guys. after my sl. in aircon room. play one youtube vid. it shoot to 60deg for nth!! wth. i using mozilla firefox. isit normal or wad. it nv shoot 60 b4. even im not in aircon
Well, flash doesn't work well on Mac/Linux. Like eating up huge amt of CPU cycles... hence a raise in temperature is pretty normal.

clock_ED

Reaction score

Lol so you guys are comfortable to with temperature in ur mb i suppose?

PetPet

Reaction score
Lol so you guys are comfortable to with temperature in ur mb i suppose?
For firefox I've ad block, noscript and flashblock running.

Ad block improves page loading speeds and at the same time block annoying flash ads.
noscripts and flashblock prevents flash stuff from running ;)

emuji

Reaction score

Apple extreme base station :D

I was trying to say that could it be that the process of installing SL (mac under load) have caused the temperatures to rise? Not installing SL itself. Anyway, SL is great!

yea. SL is wicked cool ;)

Well, flash doesn't work well on Mac/Linux. Like eating up huge amt of CPU cycles... hence a raise in temperature is pretty normal.

i have to agree with you on this. i had my MB in idle for an 45 mins without any apps running the temp was 49DEG-51DEG....

emuji

Reaction score
Is it possible to get replacement top cover (where the apple logo is) for the unibody MB? Any idea how much it will cost?

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DUDE! i got a problem. when i plug in my ac adapter right. to my mbp. theres a green dot appear on the magnetic thing. but dis green dot turns orange colour one. how? omg!!!

n0d3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DUDE! i got a problem. when i plug in my ac adapter right. to my mbp. theres a green dot appear on the magnetic thing. but dis green dot turns orange colour one. how? omg!!!

It's charging lah. -.-

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
98% charging? and its power cord. not the charging one leh. now 99% i noe its chargingliao. but why sia? 96% charge. and now 99%

maybe you would like to phrase your response in proper english for others to understand...:s7:

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe you would like to phrase your response in proper english for others to understand...:s7:

hmm okok . when i plug my magsafe port into my mbp. with the ac power cord instead on the charging pin, the port's light usually is green but today i plug in it is green for about 2sec and turns orange. the battery icon shows its charging. yes i noe its charging. but why isit charging when i have 96% of battery left? isit normal or its a defect? now. its 99% from the 96%battery life. anyone can enlighten me? because tmr is my last day for 1on1 xchange too.

n0d3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm okok . when i plug my magsafe port into my mbp. with the ac power cord instead on the charging pin, the port's light usually is green but today i plug in it is green for about 2sec and turns orange. the battery icon shows its charging. yes i noe its charging. but why isit charging when i have 96% of battery left? isit normal or its a defect? now. its 99% from the 96%battery life. anyone can enlighten me? because tmr is my last day for 1on1 xchange too.

Sorry but your English is quite bad. Logically speaking if it's <100% then obviously it'll be charging right? I have no idea what you're talking about. It's only amber if it's charging, green if it's full, i.e. 100%.

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry but your English is quite bad. Logically speaking if it's <100% then obviously it'll be charging right? I have no idea what you're talking about. It's only amber if it's charging, green if it's full, i.e. 100%.

so as long as my battery is less den 100% it will charge. even though through the powercord instead of the charging pins? but im jus wondering why the battery will charge even though it still 96%. i try to improve my english.. seems like u dun really type singlish.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.