scasi

Reaction score
VegTanLongWalletwithRein4.jpg

VegTanLongWalletwithRein3.jpg

VegTanLongWalletwithRein2.jpg

VegTanLongWalletwithRein1.jpg

Toby88

Reaction score
wow. johnny. promoting 310! steady la! didnt c this thread till now. oh yeah, how come your stuff is now at the back shelf, no longer at the glass top?

scasi

Reaction score
Hi Toby, got a lot of theft lately, so move to back,

Shop own by my leather guru, i learn from him.

BlackEaglePassporteHolderwifconcho1.jpg

BlackEaglePassporteHolderwifconcho2.jpg

BlackEaglePassporteHolderwifconcho3.jpg

BlackEaglePassporteHolderwifconcho4.jpg

BlackEaglePassporteHolderwifconcho5.jpg

CustomBlackSnakeSkinShortKeyPouc-1.jpg

CustomBlackSnakeSkinShortKeyPouchwi.jpg

rage05

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe for a good leather product, itself must be in the following

1. Good Cut
2. Hand stitch
3. Using best portion of the leather

Good cut, a lot of major brands, after they goes into mass production, uses machine to do the cutting, well in business sense yes it is necessary, but if the leather artisan can use hand cut and achieve machine quality, that is superb quality

hand stitch, if you uses leather sewing machine, you will see that both side of the stitches is not the same, where's only when you use hand stitching, the effect is similar. This is due to the machine limitation.

Best Quality of leather. In a cowhide, the best part is the lower back portion, those branded products we see are using emboss leather, which is very costly. So a good laether artisan normally can sacrifce and entire piece of leather just to cut out the lower back portion (Of course they do not throw the rest away....)

Some leather if you take good care, it will age well in process and provide a good shine.

For that 2 link i provide, it does not compare with the major brands. It a style of its own, and in JP, there are quite a few of them...

Well, if machines cut is good and constant, can i say that hand cut is not an advantage comparing with machine cut?

I am just curious :s11::)

blackvice

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, if machines cut is good and constant, can i say that hand cut is not an advantage comparing with machine cut?

hmm imho , in this term there should not be advantage or not comparison ...if the hand cut of the artisan is same as machine cut considering the output ...it certainly reflects a certain skill level of the artisan which is why justified this quality and cost of product .

scasi

Reaction score

Same like buying a ready made suit or shirt compare going to a tailor.

The same suit probably have about couple of hundreds similar in the street people are wearing, but those that is tailor, is definitely 1 of it kind

Machine cut 100% accurate. But when is handmade, it carries a premium.

Same like those exotic cars, each vehicle are signed by a single engineer that assemble them, and which is why cost higher because of the man hour taken.

RustyNail

Reaction score
anybody got any idea where to get obenauf's in singapore? i really need some. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.