Official MIO TV Thread.......

Freakerzz

Reaction score
For all the bros out there who intend to sign for miotv,ur 2wire 2700hgv2 modem can no longer be used for miotv set up..u will be required to purchase the 2wire 2701 or the aztech 1000er ethernet modem for miotv setup..so its either when u recontract ur snbb/miplan/miohome or new sign up opt for the new modem or down the road u gonna have head ache and heart pain

just an update
FTTH line laying in progress in Pasir ris area,nxt would be bt panjang

inxlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For all the bros out there who intend to sign for miotv,ur 2wire 2700hgv2 modem can no longer be used for miotv set up..u will be required to purchase the 2wire 2701 or the aztech 1000er ethernet modem for miotv setup..so its either when u recontract ur snbb/miplan/miohome or new sign up opt for the new modem or down the road u gonna have head ache and heart pain

just an update

then how come this bro say cannot be used anymore walou confusing man. mines the silver/grey black one. the one he mentioned that cant be used.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then how come this bro say cannot be used anymore walou confusing man. mines the silver/grey black one. the one he mentioned that cant be used.

https://mio.singtel.com/miotv/calculator.asp

Why do you think its listed here then? :)

Becos, SingTel's official stand is to persuade u use their newer equipment(for a few reasons)

In actual fact, almost all modem on market can mioTV.

outer92

Reaction score

just an update

can be used

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just recontracted with singnet getting the miotv movie channel free for 1 year. didnt opt for the modem. my previous 2wire wireless modem with the miobox logo should be able to work right? the grey and black one not the white one.
i was told that they dun provide modem if u recontract.. need to pay for it if wan a new modem. was using 2700hgv2
but when i recontract, they gave me a new modem. 2701..

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
i was told that they dun provide modem if u recontract.. need to pay for it if wan a new modem. was using 2700hgv2
but when i recontract, they gave me a new modem. 2701..

Told by who?

They do provide the new modem if you recontract. i.e. you won't be short changed as compared to new subscribers.
I recontracted a few months ago and got a new 2701 for keeps.

inxlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yep i didnt opt to take the 2701. cause i still had a 2700 in storage. using the netgear dg 834g currently though. hope the 2700 works:/

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Told by who?

They do provide the new modem if you recontract. i.e. you won't be short changed as compared to new subscribers.
I recontracted a few months ago and got a new 2701 for keeps.
over the phone when i ask abt the recontract. she told me that my old modem will be covered under warrenty as long as i am under the mio plan. even for my 2700.

but they juz gave me a new 1.. collecting dust now.. incase my 2700 die 1 day..

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
over the phone when i ask abt the recontract. she told me that my old modem will be covered under warrenty as long as i am under the mio plan. even for my 2700.

but they juz gave me a new 1.. collecting dust now.. incase my 2700 die 1 day..

For MIO Voice 2WIRE 2700 HGV-2 is still cover, but for normal broadband only 2WIRE 2700 HGV-2 is no longer under warranty already if I am not wrong......

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For MIO Voice 2WIRE 2700 HGV-2 is still cover, but for normal broadband only 2WIRE 2700 HGV-2 is no longer under warranty already if I am not wrong......
ya. i am on mio home now with mio voice.
that the reason they told me over the phone for not giving a new modem if i were to recontract.
but they deliver a new modem for me on the installation day...

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but is better to use the new 1??

mine is coming on the last wk of oct too... but i din opt for mio voice . i getting the new modem.

issit 2701 got problem ar ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.