Official MIO TV Thread.......

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should take the 2701. Whether to use or keep as spare is up to you.

2701 major gripe is weak wireless for some lor.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh issit? i sign up for the wireless home connect thing. will tio affect anot? this 2701 is out for at least 2yrs le .. when i got my 2700 2 yrs ago , it was just being pushed out thou.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the techinician coming to install , will they insist me change the modem ? syh zeh zeh u still using ur 2700 ar ?

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh issit? i sign up for the wireless home connect thing. will tio affect anot? this 2701 is out for at least 2yrs le .. when i got my 2700 2 yrs ago , it was just being pushed out thou.

Cordless Home Connect you mean, that's for MIO TV lah, if your modem is not side by side for your MIO TV STB.....

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the techinician coming to install , will they insist me change the modem ? syh zeh zeh u still using ur 2700 ar ?
i think they will be more happy if u dun wan to install the new modem.
save their tiem.

my installer juz say ok. when i told him to leave the modem a side. i will use back my old modem.

yes, i am using 2700. around 2yrs old already.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok cool , i will cont to use my 2700 . going 2 yrs also. lets see hw my 2700 can last me for another 2 yrs anot hahah. thx syh zeh zeh

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cordless Home Connect you mean, that's for MIO TV lah, if your modem is not side by side for your MIO TV STB.....

yea . since ppl say 2701 wireless got problem. den cordless home connect using wireless. wun tio affected meh ? lol

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea . since ppl say 2701 wireless got problem. den cordless home connect using wireless. wun tio affected meh ? lol
cordless home connect is the home plug right ?
its using powerline ethernet. so its not wireless.

theres another device that they used to provide for wireless home connect, tat is using wireless connection. but it come in a set of 2.

so it does not use ur 2wire wireless connection.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
k cool man hahaha. awaiting for 25oct man !!! just to watch my hd5

inxlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats good news to hear that i can still use my 2700 for the miotv:D

Freakerzz

Reaction score
https://mio.singtel.com/miotv/calculator.asp

Why do you think its listed here then? :)

Becos, SingTel's official stand is to persuade u use their newer equipment(for a few reasons)

In actual fact, almost all modem on market can mioTV.

Err..I think its either Francis or Liangtam used to be or currently an installer if they know much abt the ongoing....

i cant post the screenshot of the announcement in my online work system...as good as telling them to sack me...

trust me...as of OCT 1st 2wire 2700hgv-2 cant be used for MIOTV..the sales ppl wud ask you either to buy the 2wire 2701 in installment,or settle for the aztech 1000er ethernet modem...if ur on a MIO Home bundle recontract or new contract(which in actual fact u will be given new modem)...u refuse to pay extra u will be debundled and charge accordingly or ur miotv installation wud be cancelled if u were on the old 2wire 2700 but wanna watch miotv

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can use it if you want to, they wont know.
But that said, if the old set has a problem, then its up to you yourself to fix things.

Freakerzz

Reaction score
You can use it if you want to, they wont know.
But that said, if the old set has a problem, then its up to you yourself to fix things.

agreed wif liangtam..

but the installer couldnt help you...if ur firmware is not up to date...
and installer still have to write sumtin in the report..how to write if have to use the old 2wire 2700hgv2?got SOP to follow la..hand r tied..cannot close 1 eyes oso...LL lo

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agreed wif liangtam..

but the installer couldnt help you...if ur firmware is not up to date...
and installer still have to write sumtin in the report..how to write if have to use the old 2wire 2700hgv2?got SOP to follow la..hand r tied..cannot close 1 eyes oso...LL lo

dun quite understand wat u mean..

inxlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
walou so can or cannot use ah. cause the installer is coming down soon and i only have the 2700. 2701 didnt opt to take.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
walou so can or cannot use ah. cause the installer is coming down soon and i only have the 2700. 2701 didnt opt to take.

Already said mah, can use.
However, this is after they force install 2701 for you. And, well, lets just say this, you should take the 2701 in all case, be it you keep or use.

seriousbuyer0000

Reaction score
can anyone verify this, i heard that you can just sign up for soccer channels under mio and not the entire package?

is this true?

Phitenzilla

Reaction score
But is MioTV good? what are the channels worth subscribing.. Other than Football Frenzy...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.