Question about Malacca

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
How about from Equatorial to Jonker street ?
Anyone can help ?

I think abt the same distance, different direction only. 20 mins is abt rite, slow walk 30 mins also possible.

Btw, the walk from Equatorial to Jonker Street is easier than Holiday Inn to Jonker Street. In front of Holiday Inn, there is a busy main road which is not easy and dangerous to cross. No bridge no greenman.

Last edited:

buswhiz

Reaction score
yup.. equitorial is much easier access to jonker street rather than Holiday Inn. I would suggest you to stay at equitorial, or hotel puri which is the nearest to jonker street

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
As I plan to drive to Melaka, Hotel Equatorial Melaka or Holiday Inn which one is better in term of for fmaily especially yound kids.

buswhiz

Reaction score
equitorial hotel.. bcos just beside equitorial hotel, there are historical places like A Famosa, etc..
For Holiday Inn, this place is nearer to 'The Eye of Malacca'..

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
As I plan to drive to Melaka, Hotel Equatorial Melaka or Holiday Inn which one is better in term of for fmaily especially yound kids.

To me, abt the same. Both offer almost the same and standard hotel facility. Unless talking abt A'Famosa resort, then the theme park might fun for young kids.

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
To me, abt the same. Both offer almost the same and standard hotel facility. Unless talking abt A'Famosa resort, then the theme park might fun for young kids.

How about any less than RM$100 room or around that price, which hotel will be recommend?

Since go there for 1 night and most of time is out of the hotel, as long as the room is clean and safe can liao. Any suggestion? Thanks again.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
How about any less than RM$100 room or around that price, which hotel will be recommend?

Since go there for 1 night and most of time is out of the hotel, as long as the room is clean and safe can liao. Any suggestion? Thanks again.

Becos Malacca is a tourism city, so the hotel rate is not really cheap especially the hotels within tourism area. Holiday Inn and Hotel Equatoria at least RM200+ to RM300+.

However, for less than RM100, you may try this hotel. It is walking distance (5 mins max) to shopping malls (Mahkota Parade & Pahlawan).

http://www.fenixinn.com/wt-home.php

buswhiz

Reaction score
Becos Malacca is a tourism city, so the hotel rate is not really cheap especially the hotels within tourism area. Holiday Inn and Hotel Equatoria at least RM200+ to RM300+.

However, for less than RM100, you may try this hotel. It is walking distance (5 mins max) to shopping malls (Mahkota Parade & Pahlawan).

http://www.fenixinn.com/wt-home.php
fenixinn is a so call budget hotel and its just a walking distance to equitorial hotel also.. you can get easily less than Rm150 per room.. this hotel not too bad also..

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score

I read in the trip adviser forum, if it is not wrong that holiday inn provide shuttle to jonker street. However, for shopping wise, Equatorial is nearer.

rodentmaniac

Reaction score
last bus on friday nite

last bus from larkin, if i am not wrong, is 830pm or 9pm.. The bus will be Mayang sari.. Anyway, why take the risk where you may end up no more tickets to Malacca.. why not take a direct bus from Singapore?

Thanks Buswhiz for the info. In the end, I managed to catch the last Mayang Sari bus from Larkin to Melaka at 9pm (only available on fri)

weehong21

Reaction score
For the same price, i would stay at Equatorial rather than holiday-inn. The only thing good about holiday inn is that its the newest hotel in Malacca. Other than that, Equatorial location is more central. I heard that Equatorial breakfast is also quite good.

If i am not wrong, equotorial is about RM300++ and holiday inn is about Rm 270++. Not a lot of difference.

And with the traffic conditions in malacca getting worse each day, walking is certainly a better choice than shuttle buses.

ccssgm

Reaction score
For the same price, i would stay at Equatorial rather than holiday-inn. The only thing good about holiday inn is that its the newest hotel in Malacca. Other than that, Equatorial location is more central. I heard that Equatorial breakfast is also quite good.

If i am not wrong, equotorial is about RM300++ and holiday inn is about Rm 270++. Not a lot of difference.

And with the traffic conditions in malacca getting worse each day, walking is certainly a better choice than shuttle buses.

I thought Holiday Inn is more expensive than Equatoral .

buswhiz

Reaction score
i think the price varies with different period.. sometime equitorial is cheaper, sometime holiday inn is cheaper.

e51wizard

Reaction score
Provide Shuttle ?
Sure Bo..:)

Yes. My friend stayed there last Dec. When they mentioned that they need a taxi to Jonker Street, the bellhop took van key and drove them (6 ppl). But they do not wait & drive you back to hotel. My friend gave gave him tips lor.
Think Holiday Inn opened in 2007, so they gave good service. Not very sure now.
:)

Last edited:

ccssgm

Reaction score
Yes. My friend stayed there last Dec. When they mentioned that they need a taxi to Jonker Street, the bellhop took van key and drove them (6 ppl). But they do not wait & drive you back to hotel. My friend gave gave him tips lor.
Think Holiday Inn opened in 2007, so they gave good service. Not very sure now.
:)

Hope that I also so lucky :s12:

jamstart

Reaction score
When are you going? I am staying in Holiday Inn from 4th Dec to 6th Dec.

jamstart

Reaction score
I stay at holiday 12 and 13 Nov
Ok, try this Nonya restaurant, quite popular in Malacca.

Restaurant ole sayang
198,199, taman Melaka Raya,75000 Melaka
tel:06-2831966’06-2834384
fax:06-2833315

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.