IKOMA Japanese classes

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wat format ?!! :eek:

hee hee, allow me to spoon feed you... :D

http://www.jlpt.jp/e/info/index.html

The intent is to produce a test that measures communicative competence in accomplishment of tasks. Of course, linguistic knowledge that provides the basis for communicative competence are not forgotten. The test is aimed to reflect the situation in which the test taker will be using the language in the actual life.

■ Level and Test sections:
Level In the past there have been requests for revisions to address the fact that examinees who have passed the Level 3 test often have trouble with passing the Level 2 test because of the large gap in those two levels, as well as to address the need to measure abilities more advanced than those targeted by the current Level 1 test. In fact, advances in Japanese-language education and societal changes have produced a more diverse range of needs among examinees than existed when the test was introduced. To better address such needs, the test levels will be revised and a 5-level format will be established to replace the current 4-level format.

The existing test incorporates 4 levels, or kyu: 1-kyu (Level 1), 2-kyu (Level 2), 3-kyu (Level 3), and 4-kyu (Level 4), in descending order. The new test will have 5 levels: N1, N2, N3, N4, and N5; the “N” may stand for both “Nihongo” and “New.” N1:

Approximately the same passing level as the existing Level 1 test, but designed to enable slightly more advanced abilities to be measured as well.
N2: Approximately the same passing level as the existing Level 2 test.
N3: Positioned at a level bridging existing Level 2 and Level 3 tests.
N4: Approximately the same passing level as the existing Level 3 test.
N5: Approximately the same passing level as the existing Level 4 test.

Test sections There will be a Reading Test (yomu shiken) and a Listening Test (kiku shiken). The former will incorporate the Writing-Vocabulary and Reading-Grammar sections of the existing tests, while the latter will take the place of the Listening section of the existing tests.

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah ... like that got JLPT-5 liao ah ... what this means ... like dun affect much untill the later stage .. hmm

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i would advise any1 who is applying JLPT 2010 to consider delaying by 1 - 2 years time when the new N-system is more stable...

currently the infrastructure such as supporting JLPT notes, books, revisions stuff, etc may not be stable yet...

:D

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nearly a year without post !!!

hello ikoma students :D
deadline to sign up for end of year exams nearing le wor

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nearly a year without post !!!

hello ikoma students :D
deadline to sign up for end of year exams nearing le wor

think no 1 taking jap in IKOMA. lolz

Good luck for those taking exam this year! :D

whoam1

Reaction score
Hi all, I would like to take up the JLPT prep course in Oct and would like to check with you if there is any feedback for these sensei? Murata sensei, Fujiwara sensei, Sato sensei, Kawabata sensei, Oya sensei.

Thanks in advance!

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I would like to take up the JLPT prep course in Oct and would like to check with you if there is any feedback for these sensei? Murata sensei, Fujiwara sensei, Sato sensei, Kawabata sensei, Oya sensei.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am learning under Kawabata sensei. She is very good and patient in teaching Jap. For Fujiwara Sensei, i love to chat with her to brush up my conversation speed. :D

whoam1

Reaction score
Thanks!
Fujiwara sensei is the one with a higher pitch voice lady right? I did attended a 1-2 make up lesson by Fujiwara sensei before, she is quite nice but I think she speak pretty fast and I am a bit worry I cannot catch up with her. But I will see then timing then. Thanks for feedback. :D

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Fujiwara sensei is the one with a higher pitch voice lady right? I did attended a 1-2 make up lesson by Fujiwara sensei before, she is quite nice but I think she speak pretty fast and I am a bit worry I cannot catch up with her. But I will see then timing then. Thanks for feedback. :D

yup, speaking to her is like speaking to a friend.
it will brush your conversation speed and confidence which will indirectly aid your listening skills :D

hpoirot

Reaction score
Completing Pre-Advanced 2 and planning to continue with Advanced 1 next year.

How is Advanced class different from Pre-Advanced in terms of the lesson? Less speaking and more reading?

What's your opinion on taking the JLPT N2 after completing Advanced 4, without going through the 1 year prep course? Would I be sufficiently prepared for the test?

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Completing Pre-Advanced 2 and planning to continue with Advanced 1 next year.

How is Advanced class different from Pre-Advanced in terms of the lesson? Less speaking and more reading?

What's your opinion on taking the JLPT N2 after completing Advanced 4, without going through the 1 year prep course? Would I be sufficiently prepared for the test?

Pre-Advanced places more focus on conversational related stuff. whereas Advanced contains the more classical approach of grammar and vocab, etc etc.

After completion of Advanced 4, one should be 95% sufficiently to tackle N2 assuming that he / she dilligently study :D

Another approach is to take Advanced 3 and N2 Prep course at the same time which is very tough based on feedbacks.

The longer approach is to take N2 Prep Course after completion of Advanced 4 :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.