[Priority Pass] Lounges at Changi Airport

trigoz

Master Member
Reaction score
thks for the pics.

i think the Rainforest has just been renovated?..This is certainly not the rainforect lounge i went maybe 1yr back..But great that you explore and enjoy the lounge. Will keep your comments in mind when i do revisit them, thks!

Yup, RainForest Lounge has been renovated recently and it reflect the theme pretty well and its rather sleek in design... Pretty reasonable rates as for quick and fast relief from long haul flight

malestone7469

Reaction score
oic....thanks....

You are welcome.
On top of that, if you spend on any airline by Maybank Horizon Card, you get one free access to the lounges in Singapore and KL, one month after purchasing the ticket and valid for 3-months.

Please correct me on this if I am wrong, Thanatos Wraiths...

Also if you own a Diners Card, you also get one free access per calender year

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got my priority pass today! :s12: but dun think i will be using it so soon haha :s13:

ctrlplusf5

Reaction score
Are the food and drinks complimentary if you have the pass? What is free and what is chargeable?

Thanatos_Wraiths

Reaction score
You are welcome.
On top of that, if you spend on any airline by Maybank Horizon Card, you get one free access to the lounges in Singapore and KL, one month after purchasing the ticket and valid for 3-months.

Please correct me on this if I am wrong, Thanatos Wraiths...

Also if you own a Diners Card, you also get one free access per calender year
When air tickets or travel packages are charged to the Maybank Horizon CC, you may access one of the following lounges (within a 3 month period from the date of the transaction):-

Plaza Premium Lounge at
Singapore Changi Airport,
Sultan Ismail International Airport and
Kuala Lumpur International Airport,

Travelers' Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport. (I think this had been added recently as i do not recalled this HK lounge earlier when the launch this card.

Please note that access is limited to the Cardmember only.
So to say, if you are going with a partner, make sure you apply for a supp card for him/her and book your flt tic/travel package separately.

I had been to the Plaza Premium Lounge at changi airport before and had confirmed with the counter staff it is not restricted at any specific airline tic you purchase with the card. Even for Budget airline, it is ok. Hope it applies for all the above lounges.

Btw, I think there isn't a elapse time frame of one month after the transaction before you can visit these lounges as i went two weeks after i transacted online for the flt tic.

Sorry to go OT as this is priority lounge access threat but do hope the above is useful as another option for getting one more lounge access.:s22:

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone been to the Ambassador Transit Lounge recently?

i'm leaving from T3 and looking for some dinner :D

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how are they going to know if you purchased the ticket since Maybank doesn't (or do they?) send any pass. Asking because I never received anything when I used the card to purchase a ticket.

Based on what it is written on the website, i suspect it should be that you just need to show your Credit Card for access and they will note down the details and bill directly to MayBank. If you dun qualify, I think Maybank will then bill you $31.50 for each access:

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/personal/cards/credit/detail.asp?page=horizon-features-benefits#travel

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone been to the Ambassador Transit Lounge recently?

i'm leaving from T3 and looking for some dinner :D

I have visited the lounge once a year back with some friends. It is pretty crowded at night (I was taking the night flight out). Food and drinks are so-so, not comparable to the SIA Krisflyer Gold lounge. Also, there is no views and lounge is small. I think the Skyview Lounge in T1 is much better.

Thanatos_Wraiths

Reaction score
Just wondering how are they going to know if you purchased the ticket since Maybank doesn't (or do they?) send any pass. Asking because I never received anything when I used the card to purchase a ticket.

Based on what it is written on the website, i suspect it should be that you just need to show your Credit Card for access and they will note down the details and bill directly to MayBank. If you dun qualify, I think Maybank will then bill you $31.50 for each access:

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/personal/cards/credit/detail.asp?page=horizon-features-benefits#travel

There are no passes for the complimentary lounge access, just have to show your Maybank Horizon card. I shown the lounge counter staff my ticket booking printout as well. Not sure if it was required then.

You will be charged the lounge access if you did not qualify for the compilmentary access as mentioned by HC Lee

Anyway, the Plaza Premium Lounge at T2 isn't worth spending $31.50
:s22:

jarvis

Master Member
Reaction score
ok. Thanks guys. will try it out next time - only trouble is that if travelling with the wife then need to book the tickets separately using her supp card. that can potentially result in the seats being single seats on the airline system. i kenna before cuz the agent booked the seats separately. Ended up getting allocated two separate seats, both of them in the middle of a row of 3 seats.

Thanatos_Wraiths

Reaction score
i kenna before cuz the agent booked the seats separately. Ended up getting allocated two separate seats, both of them in the middle of a row of 3 seats.
Why not book throught the internet for your airline tic? Most of the airline has webby to support. You can select your seats then.:s22:

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've never been to any of the lounges..
but for those who went in..
Do you find it better than the normal waiting area inside the terminal?
I find the public area of Terminal 3 and 2 very comfortable already and seats are nice and comfy ... with big screen tv..

jarvis

Master Member
Reaction score
Why not book throught the internet for your airline tic? Most of the airline has webby to support. You can select your seats then.:s22:

the reason was because when booking in advance (months) with the agent, we can book the ticket but not issue the ticket. If the price drops because of some promo, we can then get it at the lower price.

Otherwise if travelling at short notice, or not on my own account, then will just get the tickets online.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've never been to any of the lounges..
but for those who went in..
Do you find it better than the normal waiting area inside the terminal?
I find the public area of Terminal 3 and 2 very comfortable already and seats are nice and comfy ... with big screen tv..
Changi is very OK but SQ's SKL lounges are still much better than waiting outside though. But thats Changi. When you start to fly to utilitarian Airports like Heathrow / Charles de Gualle, than you would realise Lounges are that important...

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Changi is very OK but SQ's SKL lounges are still much better than waiting outside though. But thats Changi. When you start to fly to utilitarian Airports like Heathrow / Charles de Gualle, than you would realise Lounges are that important...

You got a point there :) .. But I better not spoilt myself.. In this case, ignorance is bliss :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.