Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanlim

Reaction score
1. u mean when touch the coil is cold? got create any ice on it? if the coil is only cold but didnt create any ice, than need to call the Sharp service man to come n do some modify to the compressor pcb. tink its the valve tat didnt close tightly, tat will causes some flow to the coil.

2. for this problem, u might need to call the serviceman n check on the wiring connection on the compressor.

3. for this case, it shld be gas not enough.

for the above problem, i tink it might be something wrong wit the valve. or one of the compressor is down.

thanks chulianghere!
As you suggest, i asked two coolserve guys came to check. They directly recommend me to buy new one after checking the outside compressor. He said the copper pipe connected to compressor are eroded, and could see the crack already, repair cost would be quite high. They even don't feel need to check the inner units. So now i give up the idea about repairing them :( .

Yuen08

Reaction score
Hi Bro chunliang
I was out of town so my bro-in-law was there. But i called them via overseas when they were there. The temp was 13 degree. Ya i agree with you. I think the engineer is not so good to state that room generally needs 1-1.5hrs to cool down and it doesn't make sense room temp is only min 22degree if control is set at 18degrees. But what can i say - they insist product is ok. I dun think they will admit its their fault if they introduce me the wrong or undersized model. I regret that i trusted them. i thought they are from Daikin so should know the products well... Anyway now waiting for Natural Cool to respond. I am thinking whether to report to CASE.
Anyone has talk to CASE before?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro chunliang
I was out of town so my bro-in-law was there. But i called them via overseas when they were there. The temp was 13 degree. Ya i agree with you. I think the engineer is not so good to state that room generally needs 1-1.5hrs to cool down and it doesn't make sense room temp is only min 22degree if control is set at 18degrees. But what can i say - they insist product is ok. I dun think they will admit its their fault if they introduce me the wrong or undersized model. I regret that i trusted them. i thought they are from Daikin so should know the products well... Anyway now waiting for Natural Cool to respond. I am thinking whether to report to CASE.
Anyone has talk to CASE before?
hmm..ok. 13 degrees is the lowest it can go. so means the temp is ok.

now the problem shld be tat time tat person introduce undersized product to u.. well, it seems tat Daikin product didnt hav any problem. i guess now u got to either install another unit, or change to more higher BTU. change to FT60FVM shld improve..but than hav to change condenser unit.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks chulianghere!
As you suggest, i asked two coolserve guys came to check. They directly recommend me to buy new one after checking the outside compressor. He said the copper pipe connected to compressor are eroded, and could see the crack already, repair cost would be quite high. They even don't feel need to check the inner units. So now i give up the idea about repairing them :( .
so its recommended to install a new one.

so next time after installation of new one, find something to cover the area where copper pipe/insulation connect from compressor to your house through the wall.

terumo

Reaction score
The Sharp aircon shld be either valve fully opened or cross wiring. But of they say old already, change better, just follow suit rather then spending a bomb to repair it.

For Bro Yuen08,
Daikin or any other brand will not make any comments about the installation unless it's installed by them. Cos they duh wan to be accused of throwing the ball around. They usually will just confirm that the equipment is performing normally. So within their business, their ass are covered.

If Natural Cool says installation is ok, then maybe if you prefer faster cooling, get Ftkd50fvm x 2, coupled with 4mkd100dvm. Even if you on 2 units 2gether, you get 100% capacity. Or cheaper option, get 3mkd75dvm.

You can upgrade to FT60 as Bro Chunliang recommended, but you got to change your concealed piping and outdoor unit also.
Which condo u r staying?

If you got black and white from either Daikin/Natural Cool stating that they recommend you to change to your current model (in writing with model number), if noto you have no case against them. Just my views.

Last edited:

Yuen08

Reaction score
Hi Terumo
Called the Natural Cool today and complaint that their installers didn't inform me the pipe size was wrong (according to Daikin) when they installed the aircon. He agreed that they should pick up the problem.
I suggested that he sent someone senior to double check the piping (in case it is cracked, eroded or spoilt) first.
If piping has problem, we need to look into replacing the pipes as no point using problematic pipe even for the best aricon. But of course, it's gonna be expensive and very messy.
If no problem, i request for an upgrade of the aircon. He didn't protest and said that he will check with the people who installed previously and then arrange someone to come down to check piping by testing the gas in the pipe. You know how this test work?
Have not received his call so far... will need to call for follow up tomorrow.

Yuen08

Reaction score
Talked to the engineer from Daikin. He said that previous inverter model used BTU45 and now non-inverter is BTU50. It should be comparable in cooling the room but due to the different system - inverter and non-inverter, you feel the coldness faster with inverter (+/-0.5degrees) than non-inverter (+/-2degrees). Is that true?
He also commented with old model pipe size being 4-8 and now 5-8, it may be the pipe size that caused the lack of cold but when i asked whether this can cause a BIG difference in coldness (by how many percent). And whether current model is undersized. He wasn't very clear in his answers.
I asked if the costs of hacking and upgrading to bigger aircon is the same, which option will help to cool room faster? He didn't want to comment much in case i hold it against him in the future. But he did comment that the room size is reasonable for this model.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talked to the engineer from Daikin. He said that previous inverter model used BTU45 and now non-inverter is BTU50. It should be comparable in cooling the room but due to the different system - inverter and non-inverter, you feel the coldness faster with inverter (+/-0.5degrees) than non-inverter (+/-2degrees). Is that true?
He also commented with old model pipe size being 4-8 and now 5-8, it may be the pipe size that caused the lack of cold but when i asked whether this can cause a BIG difference in coldness (by how many percent). And whether current model is undersized. He wasn't very clear in his answers.
I asked if the costs of hacking and upgrading to bigger aircon is the same, which option will help to cool room faster? He didn't want to comment much in case i hold it against him in the future. But he did comment that the room size is reasonable for this model.
i wonder now yr main problem is the room will not go to 18 degrees?

*edit:
IMO, mayb it got something to do wit the old piping.. n since old inverter hav different gas pipe size.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
Hi, Daikin ppl usually will not comment much. FT50 and CTK45 suction pipe size is different. Discharge pipe size is same.
Maybe Natural Cool going to perform a pressure test to ensure your current pipings has no leak. You can consider to talk to your installer and ask if you could top up some $ and upgrade to invertor.

Yuen08

Reaction score
Is inverter really that good? But my decision of using non-inverter previously was that the aircon are in living and dining rooms so we don't turn it everyday, only when weather is hot or we have visitors, so need not use the expensive aircon series. But we turn on bedroom aircon every night so we invested in inverter series. Inverter aircon price is abt at least 50% more than non-inverter. Worth the investment?!

terumo

Reaction score
Invertor cools down faster and provides better cooling comfort. Compressor is much quieter. Major plus point, saves energy. But minus point is repair costs are high.

And if you are staying in a condo (most likey with 2 compressors). All the aircons are pre-installed. If i am not wrong your another sys shld be 3mk75fven + ctk25 x 2 and ctk35 for masterroom. This layout is common for most condo aircon setup...

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO, changing to R410A system also wil improve too.. air coming out wil be more colder. majority inverter uses R410A..

Yuen08

Reaction score
Hi Bros
Natural Cool technician came today... claimed that nothing wrong with the installation etc. They tune something to do with the temperature in the aircon unit. They said to put temp 22-23 degree with low or medim fan mode - it should cool down the room faster than using maximum fan mode. Since i am overseas, my bro-in-law opened door for them. He said it seemed cooler after doing this. What is the logical behind this?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if at max fan, the temp coming out will not be tat cold. doesnt mean at max fan, the room will be colder, instead the room itself will only cool down faster.

recommended setting will be to put fan on auto or 1 bar.

so, not my idea of putting it at max fan speed. :p

gaia888

Reaction score
I Need Help.

Hi,

I have installed my Panasonic aircon on 4/7/09 CUS3S27JKZ and 3xCSS9JKZW by Gain City and paid $3,197 with all pipe upgrading and extended warranty.

Since day 1, the aircon is not cool and called GC to come down to check, the serviceman said the installation is ok, no gas leaking and ask us to call Panasonic for checking.

First time - Panasonic guy come down to pump out all the gas and injeted the new gas in to compressor, it's better for fews days. After that not cold again.

Second time - Panasonic put the device in our room for few days to take the room temperature.

3rd time - Panasonic collect the device and they said need to change the PCB in master room.

4th time - PCB indoor unit changed in master bedroom only, an other 2 rooms is better, can feel the cool, but not that cool.

5th time - The Panasonic guy said they change the PCB from 9k card to 12k instead, but problem still not solve. We suggest they change the compressor and they agreed, so they come down to change the compressor on 5th visit, take place on September 2009.

After compressor have change, the aircon still not cold at all, remote control at 16 degree but room temperature at 27 - 28 degree, we have to suit on the standing fan for high speed.

We have give up on Panasonic, and call Gain City told them that we wish to change to an other brand - Mitsubishi.

Gain City salesman said that we have to top up $600+, so the price for Mitsubishi inverter system 3 - MXY-3A28VA and MSXYGa10VA x 2 and MSXYGA13VA x 1 is $3,800. This price is really too much for us. However, Gain City ask us to talk to Panasonic, if Panasonic agreed to take back their product, then Gain City only will change the brand for us. We spoke to Panasonic for many times and finally they agreed, GainCity not even help us on this. After Panasonic have agreed, we call GC and inform them, so the salesman then inform us we have to top up $600+, the salesman is from IMM branch.

We try to bargain the price with GC salesman, he said he can't decide ask us to spoke to his manager. The manager reduce the price $100 per week, finally we settled at $300 additional that we need to pay Gain City. The manager have delay the pricing matter for 1 months+.

The installation took place on 2/11/09. An other nightmare!! I just counldn't understand why Gain Gity guys will just do the installation only, after finish they not even check whether the aircon is cold or not, finish installation they just rush back.

The aircon not provide cold air for room 2 and we call Mitsubishi guy to check, din call GC. Mitsubishi repair on 7/11/09 and find out the wired connection error, room b connect to room c, that's why one of the room is not cold. After this repair, room 2 have water dripping problem so Mitsubishi come down on 18/11/09 to check and said the valve have problem.

Mitsubishi change the valve on 21/11/09, the water dripping on room 2 already solve but the Master bedroom not cold again. We just switch on the master bedroom aircon at night, the other 2 rooms we din use.

Anyone can tell me what's the problem?? Aircon itself or installation problem??

Now, we are not sure which guy we should call to repair, GC or Mitsubishi?? How they gonna check on installation fault? They just check gas pressure and confirm no gas leaking = installation no problem. Izit like this?

This aircon problem already trouble me for 5 months.

Please help.

buzzmario

Reaction score
wa... my installation taking place in less than 2 weeks time, make me worry about my installation too. however i did not go for GC, spoken to thier saleman, all kind of ah bengs and not really want to serve me.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To gaia888,

i guess the problem shld be the problem wit the installation from GC ba.

by rite all new one shldnt hav any problem wit it. n the product they come out b4 going to consumer i tink have go for testing.

gaia888

Reaction score
I need help

To gaia888,

i guess the problem shld be the problem wit the installation from GC ba.

by rite all new one shldnt hav any problem wit it. n the product they come out b4 going to consumer i tink have go for testing.

Hi chunliang,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I did ask Panasonic and Mitsubishi whether the installation have any problem, both said should be no problem.

Panasonic guy just trial and error, they don't know which part going wrong, after so many times of attempt, we finally give up.

I thought after change of brand, the problem should be solve, sigh.. same thing repeat again.

Gain City did come down to check the gas pressure and confirm no leaking on July 2009, that's why all the while we call agents to repair.

Now, I really don't know what should we do.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tink they mayb didnt follow the rite way of installing, and testing.. or didnt bend the pipe properly.

btw during the change of brand, did GC change all pipings? i mean copper pipe(gas, liquid).

mayb u can do some testing.. like using low or auto fan speed. temperature of 22 degrees. c it improve or not.

gaia888

Reaction score
I need help

i tink they mayb didnt follow the rite way of installing, and testing.. or didnt bend the pipe properly.

btw during the change of brand, did GC change all pipings? i mean copper pipe(gas, liquid).

mayb u can do some testing.. like using low or auto fan speed. temperature of 22 degrees. c it improve or not.

Hi Chunliang,

No, they din change copper pipe, just remove the indoor units and compressor and replace Mitsubishi. All new piping change on 4/7/09, during first installation.

I always use higher fan speed, and 16 - 18 temperature, at midnight the room temp. will drop to 25 degree the lower. After swithch on for 3 hours, the room temperature still at 27 degree, a bit warm.

I wil go back and test tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.