Best ramen in Singapore

Terminatron

Master Member
Reaction score
i tried santouka and have been regretting it ever since......

no other ramen seems to satisfy me now :D

any other ramen shops to intro so that i crave for it less? i've tried ken's ramen & marumaten (spelling is confirm wrong here) before but still think santouka is nicer. the only thing about santouka is that the broth is slightly on the salty side.
no offence, but your 1st and 2nd line contradicts each other :s13:

rabien

Master Member
Reaction score
ajisen2.jpg

The Hokkaido seafood ramen is the BEST RAMEN IN THE WORLD. YUMMY. =:p

I usually read read read, this time buay tahan also must login to post. Cui la, just look @ the egg, how to be best? Ajisen ramen has always given me average standards. Like mcdonalds. Well, good enough for the number of outlets it has in singapore. How do you even train that many chefs to work that many hours in that many outlets. I would not recommend anyone ajisen ramen but I wouldn't dissuade anyone from going there for a meal either.

Anyone recently tried Aoba @ Ion? I haven't tried many ramen places but it delighted me with its miso soup base with quite well done egg (albeit not to perfection). The cha shu also lacks the "melt in your mouth" kind of feel but it does have pretty good texture. I think it's first chain is in Tampines 1 Manpuku. Worth a try I believe. [P/s, I also tried the shishamo, crispy on the inside, really soft inside and totally filled with roe! good shishamo!]

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
yesterday went to try Ippudo (hope got spelling correct) at Mandarin Gallery. Ordered the flavoured eye expect it to be runny but instead it was like hard boiled. Does all eyes from Ramen stores supposed to be the runny type or does it differ.

htancl

Reaction score
yesterday went to try Ippudo (hope got spelling correct) at Mandarin Gallery. Ordered the flavoured eye expect it to be runny but instead it was like hard boiled. Does all eyes from Ramen stores supposed to be the runny type or does it differ.

Ippudo is nice, but I find the portion too little and the price is high. Their Tamago kinda disappointing, hard yolk and not those runny type and they are charging $2 each.

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ippudo only has one branch in Singapore? I briefly see through to the website, didn't say got any other branches or not.

octacon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ajisen use to be very nice and the food portion is good when the first outlet is opened in
Bugis junction . My recent visit to Ajisen is horifiying because the food portion shrunked , and the taste is reduced to the standard of normal food court . I boycotted Ajisen ever since the last visit I had this august.

foofam77

Reaction score
ippudo only has one branch in Singapore? I briefly see through to the website, didn't say got any other branches or not.

what's the price of a normal ramen dish?

need to make seat reservations?

do they offer free flow of green tea?

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ippudo currently only has 1 branch in Singapore, and that is at Mandarin Gallery beside next to Meritus Mandarin and Cineleisure Orchard. I'm not aware of if there are any other branches, but considering how they had just opened on Dec 3rd, I don't think they will be opening another local outlet so soon? :s11:

what's the price of a normal ramen dish?

need to make seat reservations?

do they offer free flow of green tea?

The last time I went on a Saturday evening with my friends, they were already sold out by 8pm even though it closes by 11pm. Maybe because it has barely opened for a month only, there's been alot of patrons at their restaurant, so I think give it abt another 2-3 months, business prob wouldn't be so busy as before.

Not sure if they allow seat reservations, best is to call and ask. I will be trying my luck again this Saturday there with my friends, cos the other time I went it was sold out so I didn't get to try them at all. Hopefully their ramen really live up to its name, if not I would be damn disappointed lol. (first time go make wasted trip)

Cheers.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried santouka and have been regretting it ever since......

no other ramen seems to satisfy me now :D

any other ramen shops to intro so that i crave for it less? i've tried ken's ramen & marumaten (spelling is confirm wrong here) before but still think santouka is nicer. the only thing about santouka is that the broth is slightly on the salty side.

Santouka is based from Asahikawa origins that has a really long history back in Hokkaido, Japan, I already shared before once in my prev post over here. Given their long establishment, I think their taste is quite hard to knock off. But yeah, generally I think most Singaporeans would find their broth quite salty, this is due to their thick tonkotsu broth which also gives off a milky color, giving tonkotsu ramen its characteristic richness. I think if you go there eat on a rainy day, you would appreciate it more definitely. :)

Ajisen ramen is the best I've ever tasted. Best than some ramen from japan..:s7:

go get new taste buds.

No no, I think you should tell Connoisseur-1976, to go upgrade his own taste buds instead, LOL. :D

MoraMora

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try the stall in the same coffeeshop as AMK Botak Jones.

if i remember correctly the normal ramen starts from $3.90 and the scallop or mixed ingredients cost around $5.90 or $6.90.

taste is not bad...the egg is those half cooked ones.

the tako yaki cost around 6 for $2.50 and the chicken skewer cost around 80 cents nia.

one of the better economical value stalls around

jannlee2009

Reaction score
Ajisen use to be very nice and the food portion is good when the first outlet is opened in
Bugis junction . My recent visit to Ajisen is horifiying because the food portion shrunked , and the taste is reduced to the standard of normal food court . I boycotted Ajisen ever since the last visit I had this august.

Yes I really agree with this! They used to be nice, but now their food standard really dropped.

padre

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just had Ippudo.

In fact I just walked out and I swear not to return.

Had to q awhile, but the wait was not long, maybe 20mins.

Ramen is NOT fantastic at all to me.

Seriously overpriced, $17 for a ramen, exlcude gst and tax. I tink partly due to it's location.

Serving not big also.

The worst was the gyoza, size of a wanton. Swear to you, smallest gyoza I ever seen.

$6 for 6 tiny pieces.

The best for me is still Santouka

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Santouka is based from Asahikawa origins that has a really long history back in Hokkaido, Japan, I already shared before once in my prev post over here. Given their long establishment, I think their taste is quite hard to knock off. But yeah, generally I think most Singaporeans would find their broth quite salty, this is due to their thick tonkotsu broth which also gives off a milky color, giving tonkotsu ramen its characteristic richness. I think if you go there eat on a rainy day, you would appreciate it more definitely. :)

No no, I think you should tell Connoisseur-1976, to go upgrade his own taste buds instead, LOL. :D

Santouka tastes exactly the same in Japan. Went to their Gyoen (Kyoto) branch. Except the char siew is hot whole the ones in Singapore is cold (directly imported from Jap). Good ramen broth is usually salty. That's why they always have free flow of water at your side.

Nothing beats eating a nice hot ramen during cold days....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.