EDMW Knife Collectors

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
So wat u guys getting for 2010? My first purchase for 2010 will probably be the Spyderco Salt 1. Simply luv the versatility of H1 steel. Time to save up liao :s13:

Lonerider

Reaction score
So wat u guys getting for 2010? My first purchase for 2010 will probably be the Spyderco Salt 1. Simply luv the versatility of H1 steel. Time to save up liao :s13:

- A mid-tech (semi-custom) Junkyard Dog from Tim Galyean is on order (next month)
- Spyderco Titanium Military M4 (May)
- 2 Spyderco Caly CF (2 weeks time)
- 2 Benchmade Rukus (end of the month)

Lonerider

Reaction score
So many good stuffs... haha

and yea,if i'm using them to attack/kill,i have tons of kitchen knifes at home,why the hell would i need to buy a expensive one jsut to attack/kill a person?:D

They feel a folder is a more concealable weapon if you choose to use it as one.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
- A mid-tech (semi-custom) Junkyard Dog from Tim Galyean is on order (next month)
- Spyderco Titanium Military M4 (May)
- 2 Spyderco Caly CF (2 weeks time)
- 2 Benchmade Rukus (end of the month)

A nice pocket hole burning list u got there:s13: The JYD from Tim Galyean is FFG? Damn awesome piece.

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Knives Ship Free -
Not a lot of choice but yup they ship to Singapore and they charge fair shipping too. Very good experience buying from them.

New Graham - Very good shipping charges and great service. Price wise very average. Decent selection.

Knife Works - HUGE selection, great prices but shipping can be expensive.

Cutlery Shoppe - Expensive shipping but their prices are good.

EBay - Hit and miss... Do your research before buying.

Shipping can be expensive not because they are profiteering but because they make it compulsory to use EMS. My first choice where possible is to ship via USPS Inter. Priority flat rate box which costs about USD13 and you can stuff about 2-3 medium sized folders per shipment up to 2lbs.

I remember you had quite a decent collection yourself. Curious which are your favorite stores. It may help if you can tell what knife in particular you are looking for.

Hi Thanks very much and also to everyone else who responded!

Lonerider

Reaction score
A nice pocket hole burning list u got there:s13: The JYD from Tim Galyean is FFG? Damn awesome piece.

The JYD from Kershaw are all hollow sabre ground... I have almost the full collection minus the serrated ones.

imag0011n.jpg

Top to bottom : Grey G10, Composite Blade w/ black G10 and Titanium

dsc00144d.jpg

Closer look at Titanium version; should have gotten another one.

The Mid-techs are full flat ground (FFG). In addition it has the IKBS bearing sysytem on the pivot so it swings out smoother unlike most knives that uses a bushing system

ProSeriesJYD_med.jpg

Not my pics

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
The JYD from Kershaw are all hollow sabre ground... I have almost the full collection minus the serrated ones.

imag0011n.jpg

Top to bottom : Grey G10, Composite Blade w/ black G10 and Titanium

dsc00144d.jpg

Closer look at Titanium version; should have gotten another one.

The Mid-techs are full flat ground (FFG). In addition it has the IKBS bearing sysytem on the pivot so it swings out smoother unlike most knives that uses a bushing system

ProSeriesJYD_med.jpg

Not my pics

The Mid techs are really nice! I think the FFG on the JYD looks great. Great collection of JYD you have there. I've only got the Kershaw JYD II ** though.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
This thread is getting busy again! And lonerider, the kershaw looks good..

who got buy from newgraham knife pls pm me ok. i got a little something they holding for me.

Hey, u got anything yet? Last time u were asking about the SOG seal pup right..

i_got_a_question_to_ask

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This thread is getting busy again! And lonerider, the kershaw looks good..

Hey, u got anything yet? Last time u were asking about the SOG seal pup right..

not me la. is another sooqing guy.
but now i got a small screw set (replacement) from a manufacturer. the manufacturer does not ship overseas. ngk kindly helped me receive my package from the manufacturer. now i need to tompang over. screws only. very light one. i will share shipping fees.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
not me la. is another sooqing guy.
but now i got a small screw set (replacement) from a manufacturer. the manufacturer does not ship overseas. ngk kindly helped me receive my package from the manufacturer. now i need to tompang over. screws only. very light one. i will share shipping fees.

Wah, NGK can't ship via normal air mail? Let me see if there's things to get from NGK :o

i_got_a_question_to_ask

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, NGK can't ship via normal air mail? Let me see if there's things to get from NGK :o

just for 4 pieces of screw bits. never buy anything from them but ask them to ship for me i paiseh. somemore dunno how to pay for shipping w/o purchase.

i_got_a_question_to_ask

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since i got nothing to do, i say my story here:

i bought a boker subcom some time ago. then i played around with it. i dismantle and assemble. during which, i careless and damage the screw pattern on top because i use too much force. the pattern wear out to say.

so i email boker repair dept. they say they got sell replacement set and it cost $x.xx (forgot). i asked how to buy? they say they wont ship overseas and they will get back to me asap on how to help me. waited very long, no response.

i email again. they claim they took so long because they got issue with overseas shipping because it is not their usual practice to ship overseas. unless i can find a third party in USA, i carry on waiting.

so i emailed NGK. NGK kindly volunteered. and so, i relay to boker. boker say OK. i asked them about the cost. they say don't bother. FREE. haha. good after sales huh? except they took very long to sort out overseas shipping but still not solved...

now i want to tompang 4 screws over. if you dont know what to buy, can look at boker line of products. this kind of manufacturer deserve to support.

Last edited:

Kartoffeln

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here as well as to knife collecting. Glad to see that there're fellow enthusiast here in Singapore - purgatory of knife lovers.

If any of you should be having a knife fondling session, please do not hesitate to invite me. As long as it stays above the belt I would love to attend :).

Here is my collection so far, any assistance in growing it would be very much appreciated. You would see that I'm indiscriminate and more of a knife "amasser" than a collector :)

Brian Tighe - Tighe Breaker
Darryl Raphl - Trigger Maze
Chris Reeve - Umnumzaan
Lone Wolf Knives - Defender
CRKT - Gallagher Glide Lock
CRKT - Kommer Fulcrum
CRKT - Elishewitz Horus
CRKT - Elishewitz Montu
CRKT - Elishewitz Pharaoh
CRKT - Elishewitz Anubis
CRKT - Ashworth Turtle
CRKT - My Tighe
CRKT - Ripple
CRKT - Natural
Extrema Ratio - Rao
Mission - MPF3-Ti
Mission -MFK2
SOG - Fatcat
Zero Tolerance - M.U.D.D
Spyderco - Gunting
Spyderco - P'Kal
Spyderco - Delica4 Emerson Opener
Mantis - Classiest Act
Mantis - Chaos Folder
Al Mar - Hawk Ultralight Talon
Fällkniven - PXL Magnum
Bradley Cutlery - Alias II
Benchmade - Rukus
Benchmade - 530 Pardue
Benchmade - Nagara
Emerson - CQC-8
Cold Steel - AK-47
Cold Steel - Rajah I

No, I'm not in love with CRKT, in fact I hate them for making me buy so many of their knives.

Everyone have a great weekend ahead.

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here as well as to knife collecting. Glad to see that there're fellow enthusiast here in Singapore - purgatory of knife lovers.

If any of you should be having a knife fondling session, please do not hesitate to invite me. As long as it stays above the belt I would love to attend :).

Here is my collection so far, any assistance in growing it would be very much appreciated. You would see that I'm indiscriminate and more of a knife "amasser" than a collector :)

Chris Reeve - Umnumzaan
CRKT - Kommer Fulcrum
CRKT - Elishewitz Horus
CRKT - Elishewitz Montu
CRKT - Elishewitz Anubis
CRKT - Ashworth Turtle
CRKT - My Tighe
CRKT - Ripple
CRKT - Natural
Extrema Ratio - Rao
Mission - MPF3-Ti
Mission -MFK2
SOG - Fatcat
Zero Tolerance - M.U.D.D
Spyderco - Gunting
Spyderco - P'Kal
Mantis - Classiest Act
Mantis - Chaos Folder
Fällkniven - PXL Magnum
Benchmade - Rukus
Benchmade - 530 Pardue
Benchmade - Nagara
Emerson - CQC-8
Cold Steel - AK-47
Cold Steel - Rajah I

No, I'm not in love with CRKT, in fact I hate them for making me buy so many of their knives.

For someone new to collecting you sure have a lot of great knives. What your post is missing though are some pics! I'm especially interested in the Brian Tighe and Daryl Ralph,,,

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
For someone new to collecting you sure have a lot of great knives. What your post is missing though are some pics! I'm especially interested in the Brian Tighe and Daryl Ralph,,,

Kartoffeln

you believe him still?

Kartoffeln

Reaction score
Kartoffeln

you believe him still?

Wow someone sure is snobbish. Oh mighty hero of 6000+ post, how I tremble before your awesomeness.

Some of us rather spend time sourcing for good deals than post on forums. I did say I was new, you don't have to be such a twerp.

Hey dude, I saw you in bladeforums. There was where I got the ddr, guy living next to ddr got it cheap and sold in the exchange forums. It was 150 bucks cheaper, couldn't resist :).
I'll get my girl to snap some photos for you tonight and email you. Don't wanna share it with the big meanie, since he doesn't think it real anyways. Maybe if he plays nice, I'll share :). Damn Tighe is still in the mail, I got it from the man himself.

Lonerider

Reaction score
Wow someone sure is snobbish. Oh mighty hero of 6000+ post, how I tremble before your awesomeness.

Some of us rather spend time sourcing for good deals than post on forums. I did say I was new, you don't have to be such a twerp.

Hey dude, I saw you in bladeforums. There was where I got the ddr, guy living next to ddr got it cheap and sold in the exchange forums. It was 150 bucks cheaper, couldn't resist :).
I'll get my girl to snap some photos for you tonight and email you. Don't wanna share it with the big meanie, since he doesn't think it real anyways. Maybe if he plays nice, I'll share :). Damn Tighe is still in the mail, I got it from the man himself.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt... For one thing I don't think knife collecting is about who can spend the most. Let's face it, very few of us have the kind of disposable income to buy all the knives we want. For those knives we can't afford all we can do is share in someone else happiness. There's good deals on the forums if you look hard enough... Thanks for sharing the pics. Great catch you got there.

Seriously... there are guys with very low post counts here and on knife forums who has an amazing collection as they are not very active on the boards. I consider my collection to be pretty decent but my postcount is anything but stellar. Yes, there are people who exaggerate but they are quite the minority. Some can't even be bothered to take pics of their collection as they don't have the time or the inclination to do so.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score

Chris Reeve - Umnumzaan
CRKT - Kommer Fulcrum
CRKT - Elishewitz Horus
CRKT - Elishewitz Montu
CRKT - Elishewitz Anubis
CRKT - Ashworth Turtle
CRKT - My Tighe
CRKT - Ripple
CRKT - Natural
Extrema Ratio - Rao
Mission - MPF3-Ti
Mission -MFK2
SOG - Fatcat
Zero Tolerance - M.U.D.D
Spyderco - Gunting
Spyderco - P'Kal
Mantis - Classiest Act
Mantis - Chaos Folder
Fällkniven - PXL Magnum
Benchmade - Rukus
Benchmade - 530 Pardue
Benchmade - Nagara
Emerson - CQC-8
Cold Steel - AK-47
Cold Steel - Rajah I

Woah nice collection you have there! I would luv to fondle the Umnumzaan:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.