Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzmario

Reaction score
got my installation with hong tar too. well after a week, there is leaking, come them the next morning, evening time they come and fix. so i think the service is still good la.

buibuisnail

Reaction score
ok i went gain city check out mitsubishi non inverter system 3 using R410A new gas.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.s...k=sobi2Details&catid=18&sobi2Id=125&Itemid=84

$2,159.00

1 x MUX-3BD23VB (outdoor unit 1:3 indoor units)
Cooling capacity is 6.18kw / 21087 BTU

3 x MS-B10VB (indoor unit) at 2.85kw / 9725 BTU 9+9+9 (actual usage, 8500, 6000 x 2)

16mm (1/4”) drainage pipe (Free)

Upgrade ½” insulation Class 1 (Armaflex) from 3/8" will cost additional
$120

Upgrade to copper Gauge 22 piping from Gauge 23 piping will cost
additional $20 x 3 = $60

Warranty (standard & extended, 1 + 5)

No need bracket

Total: $2,339

gain city guy also mention it's ok if i wana get e one with newer gas only thing is nxt time replacement will be more ex but with more ppl using R410A aircon, shouldn't be a problem.

question: price reasonable? & i called another quote to another guy, forgot to ask which coy he represent, same set, $2,300, if upgrade to 22 gauge copper no extra cost, but he did tell me better to use gauge 23 cause made in thailand whereas 22 made in china, poorer quality. insulation brand is "greenland" local sg made. (is this reliable???)

he also mention those inside house he use foam to insulate, outside like aircon ledge area, he use rubber as it's hot & foam will melt. how true??
so means I must request 2 type of insulation material then?

hope i din confuse u here, i just wana be triple sure before i confirm. from
what i read, gain city workmanship is ok.. anybody got from them latest recently? many thanks for reading.
:D

patrickong2

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought a System 4 from Gain City and it was installed a week ago.

The compressor leaks water as shown below and the servicemen who came from Toshiba says that it is natural / common but I don't think so because I've never seen compressor condensing / leaking water before in my whole life except for single unit window mounted air-con or air-con inside our unit.

Can somebody share with me the situation and what should I do? Please reply to patrickong@gmail.com if you have the exact answer so that I could quote and complain to Toshiba again tomorrow.

water.jpg

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

The compressor leaks water as shown below and the servicemen who came from Toshiba says that it is natural / common but I don't think so because I've never seen compressor condensing / leaking water before in my whole life except for single unit window mounted air-con or air-con inside our unit.

Can somebody share with me the situation and what should I do? Please reply to patrickong@gmail.com if you have the exact answer so that I could quote and complain to Toshiba again tomorrow.

water.jpg

i tink its normal for this to happen ba. mine daikin ma56ev1 system4 also got water leak below compressor.

mayb u wanna check tat the copper pipes r completely covered wit insulation.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i went gain city check out mitsubishi non inverter system 3 using R410A new gas.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.s...k=sobi2Details&catid=18&sobi2Id=125&Itemid=84

$2,159.00

1 x MUX-3BD23VB (outdoor unit 1:3 indoor units)
Cooling capacity is 6.18kw / 21087 BTU

3 x MS-B10VB (indoor unit) at 2.85kw / 9725 BTU 9+9+9 (actual usage, 8500, 6000 x 2)

16mm (1/4”) drainage pipe (Free)

Upgrade ½” insulation Class 1 (Armaflex) from 3/8" will cost additional
$120

Upgrade to copper Gauge 22 piping from Gauge 23 piping will cost
additional $20 x 3 = $60

Warranty (standard & extended, 1 + 5)

No need bracket

Total: $2,339

gain city guy also mention it's ok if i wana get e one with newer gas only thing is nxt time replacement will be more ex but with more ppl using R410A aircon, shouldn't be a problem.

question: price reasonable? & i called another quote to another guy, forgot to ask which coy he represent, same set, $2,300, if upgrade to 22 gauge copper no extra cost, but he did tell me better to use gauge 23 cause made in thailand whereas 22 made in china, poorer quality. insulation brand is "greenland" local sg made. (is this reliable???)

he also mention those inside house he use foam to insulate, outside like aircon ledge area, he use rubber as it's hot & foam will melt. how true??
so means I must request 2 type of insulation material then?

hope i din confuse u here, i just wana be triple sure before i confirm. from
what i read, gain city workmanship is ok.. anybody got from them latest recently? many thanks for reading.
:D

hmm...from wat he say, quite true. ;) might as well all use rubber lo..

but i know as the insulation is black in colour, than its ok..

terumo

Reaction score
All outdoor unit will leak water. Its normal. If no water, means abnormal... No condensation means aircon not cold...

buibuisnail

Reaction score
hi all,

Just wish to update everyone here on my air con installation by Gain City on Monday and Tuesday. It ended today.

Comments:

a) They did bring along G22 copper pipe, Armaflo 3/4" insulator as stated. Bro, these insulators are BIG.

b) Mine is sys 3 and they used 3 coils of new copper pipes for my system. They do not want to join copper pipe as this will leak (weak point) if not don't properly.
Some installers may join copper pipes to save cost to re-use left-over pipes from previous installation.

c) This team of installer (2 persons) is very helpful, thoughtful and willing to listen. Mine needs to cut false ceiing to lay pipes, and they are very accommdating to whatever you suggested, cut here or there so not to leave obvious marks etc. No 'show face'. Most importantly, they don't rush for time, bend the copper pipe properly and systematically and as the result why they took 2 days to complete the job :(

1st day to install pipes and air-cons so that I can test-run overnight to monitor for leak or sweating. The next day will be for sealing up the false ceiling and painting. Normally, 1 day is enough without false ceiling cutting.

I tried to ask for they names but they rather be addressed as team no. 2139. This team is highly recommended.

d) So far, MHI is good, very cold even on hot afternoon today. 26000BTU is strong enough even when I run 3 rooms together.

e) Fan-coils are indeed very quiet. I like the feature whereby beside tilting up-down, it also able to move left-right for the wind direction, so everyone in the room can feel the 'cool wind'.

f) It also have the auto-dry feature whereby after turn-off the air-con (compressor OFF), the fan is still running inside for 2hr, drying the coil to prevent moulds.

Thanks.

hi steven which branch of gain city u by from? then can customer choose e installation team? er did u like request to check their license or wat? :s11:

erimin5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

water.jpg

Mine also toshiba and same thing there is water leakage also at the area same as yours. :s11:

terumo

Reaction score
G23 enough for HDB exposed piping. G22 is for commerical/private concealed piping. G22 overkill for exposed piping.

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
After a week reading feedbacks from several forums, I decided to pick Toshiba over Mitsubishi Electric for its "made in Japan" label and the drying mode function. Electricity is not a big concern since I on AC only at night 6~8hrs.
But, need more advise frm AC gurus here to choose the right setups.

setup 1: RAS-3M20SACV (outdoor, 24K Cooling cap), RAS-M13SKCV (indoor) x2
setup 2: RAS-3M20SACV (outdoor, 24K Cooling cap), RAS-M13SKCV (indoor), RAS-M10SKCV (indoor)

PS: MBR is of typical 4 room flat MBR size. Total AC on time for 2nd room (guest room) in the past 3yrs <50hrs.

Thanks!

amuletxheart

Reaction score
What are my options?

I moved into this 5 year old 4 room flat circa november 2009. I installed MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-GA10VA x 3 in all the rooms and now I'm addicted to it. This a/c is great, i set to 28°C and the room is cool enough for me.

Being addicted means that I need a/c in my living room as well... What are my options for installing a/c in the living room? HDB can have 2 compressors? I guess I also need to install a door to seal off my kitchen. So roughly how much cash do I need to prepare? I don't need to cool a lot, 27.5°C at 50% humidity is enough.

Thanks in advance!

lwm999

Reaction score
Hi, need some advice here after reading through many of the posts here.

I want to change the aircon in the 3 bedrooms as they are already 9 years old and start having problems. Currently using Daikin 4MK75FVEN (inverter with R22). The piping are running in the false ceiling. Bedroom sizes about 120, 130 and 150 sqft.

Thinking of changing to non-inverter aircon like Daikin MA56EV1 but worry not cold enough. The other alternative is to go for inverter aircon but cost about $1k more. Usually we will turn on aircon in 2 bedrooms throughout the night. Any advice?

Should I change the current piping? (I know if I change to R410a gas, then must change piping). If don't change, worry got problem later. If change, it will be messy and not sure if the shop can patch up nicely after installation. Anyone has experience on this?

Do the shop normally charge for removing existing aircon?

Thanks.

pchltws

Reaction score
I've brought the Gain City System 3 service voucher @ $68.00 each.
Anybody wish to share with me? I've 4 on hand.
I only need up to 2 coupon will do.

Interest ppl can contact me @ 90180800, I stay in Sengkang/Buangkok.
Will sell as of what I buy which is $68.00 each.

buibuisnail

Reaction score
I've brought the Gain City System 3 service voucher @ $68.00 each.
Anybody wish to share with me? I've 4 on hand.
I only need up to 2 coupon will do.

Interest ppl can contact me @ 90180800, I stay in Sengkang/Buangkok.
Will sell as of what I buy which is $68.00 each.

issit inverter/non inverter? & this is for servicing of air con?
but i thought it should be covered under warranty? sorry noob here =:p

buibuisnail

Reaction score
yup..the thicker it is.

yes..

hello aircon sexpert, me again. any idea of workmanship of
Hong Huat Electrical?? someone found my same specs but $220 cheaper.
I'm more conerned with e workmanship & reputation then e price but still
anyone tried out their services before??? :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.