View Single Post
Old 15-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #926
diu___
Arch-Supremacy Member

This arrived in the mail last week. My first custom knife. Blade is just slightly under 3inches. Handle is 440C SS with black linen micarta and SS (440C) bolsters. It is a manual flipper, the thumbstud is more decorative than functional. Blade steel is S30V cryo quenched and hardened to 59-60HRC. ed and it locks with a nice "thunk". Everything has been configured for a left hander. Blade stock was thicker than I expect. As a result of the materials and such the knife is a lot heavier than most knives in its size. Very sedated looks... Surprised with the fit and finish as this is the first time the maker made a left handed folder. First thing I did was to take a needle and make a small scratch on the steel-type etching. Now I'm not afraid to use it. I'll probably rotate this with my Endura 4 which is pictured here as comparison.

The next one is already in the works. This time with carbon fibre scales with silver twill G10 bolster. Other changes will be a thumbhole, lanyard hole and a different blade shape (took some pointers from Strider's blade shape design.
short fat blade looks like those durain seller' knife