car renting in jb

zonik88

Reaction score
hi bros and sis,

i am going malaysia from 27th to 30th this month. i am planning to rent a car in malaysia (JB) for this 4 days trip. any recommendation? i need a 7 seater MPV. or is there any local cheap car rental that allow renting car to drive to malaysia?

please help to give me links and telephone and if possible, personally experience in renting a car. thank you!

beanstalk6

Reaction score
upzzzzzzzzzzz

When you do visit JB again soon, go to Kotaraya II Bus Terminal where SBS service 160 and TIBS 950 terminate. There are several car rental agencies in the City Air Terminal there (Avis, Pacific Rent-A-Car). A short walk away, there is another agency at the Tropical Inn (Calio Car Rentals & Limousine Service). There are at least 2 agencies in Plaza Seni, which is opposite City Square on Jalan Ah Fook. It is easy to GOOGLE.

http://www.iprac.com/standard.htm

zonik88

Reaction score
hi, thanks for ur reply. do any sg car rental allow rented car to drive to msia? if yes please leave links for the company. thanks!

oohman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M'sia is cheaper bah... That time, we rent on Sunday , a proton wira car cost arnd 150 Rgd... but we go last min, so cant bargain much....

Best is, u go a day or two in advance and book lah..

SwatchLu

Reaction score
u can consider mayflower car rental in JB. I think it is located at opp city sq, the builing is call plaza seni. If i rem correctly.

Rented from them b4 a few time, the rate is not bad, cheaper than established big firms and service is good & reliable.

i tried a small car rental recently in JB.... bad serivce & more troublesome, and I rent a big MPV...in the end gave me a smaller version MPV. :-(

It is still better to go for the more reliable ones than those small local cheaper rental company.

99heyho

Reaction score
M'sia is cheaper bah... That time, we rent on Sunday , a proton wira car cost arnd 150 Rgd... but we go last min, so cant bargain much....

Best is, u go a day or two in advance and book lah..

MYR 150 per day???

99heyho

Reaction score
For those who rent before, is this the best price around? MYR350 FOR 3 DAYS. anywhere can get cheaper?

typh00n

Reaction score
Pacific Rent A Car (iprac)

Just used Pacific Rent A Car (iprac).
Asked for SUV but only Proton Gen 2 available when though booked a fews ahead.
Received car without full tank, which makes it difficult during fuel top up.
While driving in heavy rain on the high way, found wiper blades hardened so it was noisy and ineffective.
Tried to clean dirt on the windscreen, but found wiper water tank empty.
Both front and rear wiper water tanks were EMPTY!
The next morning, found one tyre flat due to a puncture.
Probably due to the numerous potholes and uneven road surfaces in malaysia.

Says alot about the maintenance of their car fleet...

godanchong87

Banned
Reaction score
Toyota New Hiace 12 seat and MPV

Toyota New Hiace 12 seat and MPV

Freeeasy Malaysia | Singapore

Freeeasy customizing services, create travel for U!

Singapore, Malaysia travel - 1 Day, 2 Day 1 Night tour, Family and company vehicle rental travel, Classmate gathering, , serving friends from overseas...

Desaru, Kukup, Waterfall kota tinggi, Firefly tour, Legoland, JPO, Johor bahru, Melaka...

Contact SeasonPua - +60177209980 or freeeasyplanning@gmail.com

Legoland package available now !!!

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Just used Pacific Rent A Car (iprac).
Asked for SUV but only Proton Gen 2 available when though booked a fews ahead.
Received car without full tank, which makes it difficult during fuel top up.
While driving in heavy rain on the high way, found wiper blades hardened so it was noisy and ineffective.
Tried to clean dirt on the windscreen, but found wiper water tank empty.
Both front and rear wiper water tanks were EMPTY!
The next morning, found one tyre flat due to a puncture.
Probably due to the numerous potholes and uneven road surfaces in malaysia.

Says alot about the maintenance of their car fleet...

I booked from iPrac online before too. Booked the new Waja, when arrived, they told me no Waja and claimed to upgrade me to 1.5 Wira. When i saw the Wira, it was more then 10 years old. Ya, upgrade. Ha.. Anyway, the drive was fine until i hit the highway. After 100km/h the belt was screeching. Good thing the belt didn't give way. But the auto window stopped working and i had to open and close the door every time i hit a toll booth. Ya, their fleet is poorly maintained, but for that price... can't expect anything better i guess. I also got a feeling that they are sharing the fleet with the other rental companies along side. Well.. it was still fun.

Gnahznay

Reaction score
Hawk Rent a Car JB, also at kota raya terminal.

Rented 3 times with them.

1st time walk in, just nice they got a Vios at the terminal for rent. Else, need to wait for bout 1hr for them to bring the car from their workshop.

2nd time book online, got free upgrade to accord from vios cause no more car available when i collect the vehicle.

3rd time book online, got vios instead of city as it is not available. (both city n vios same price category)

Always got full tank when I collect the car. The vios look normal, but seems like "zheng" b4 one... more powerful than the vios i drove in Singapore... No problems with the accessories (i.e. window, radio player, wipers)

But always check all these things with the person before leaving the place for ur trip.

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any other reputable rental companies other than Hertz and Avis?

Avis JB is very ex.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.