Land Banking: Land International Far East (Land Wealth Centre)

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
I had bought into Swindon land with the above company 3yrs ago, in Oct 09 I found that they stopped the
the payout on my Grand Max program.
I immediately called the agent who sold the plots to me. After his investigations, he informed me that the UK
directors came to Singapore and withdrew all the funds, thus the company is unable to payout.
I was shocked and asked him then how? He said he'll get in touch with Simon Beh, the third director from LI also CEO for LWC.
To-date no response....

I also done some research and found that UK landbanking is actually a scam and lots of companies including LI were already closed down
by UK FSA.
I would like to know if there are any investors out here in my similar situation.
And what are the actions to take against this company now to recover back my funds.

probono

Reaction score
UKLI, Land International LI

I had bought into Swindon land with the above company 3yrs ago, in Oct 09 I found that they stopped the the payout on my Grand Max program.
I immediately called the agent who sold the plots to me. After his investigations, he informed me that the UK directors came to Singapore and withdrew all the funds, thus the company is unable to payout. I was shocked and asked him then how? He said he'll get in touch with Simon Beh, the third director from LI also CEO for LWC.

From their website this is the contact for their lawyers

Gilanders Solicitors
1 North Place,
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire,
GL50 4DW, United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 01242 583434
Fax: +44 01242 583435

If they really took all the money out from the Singapore company you may also want to contact the CIB.

The UK company went insolvent, UKLI went insolvent, my guess is this is the third incarnation.

The web site also says

Note for any Grand Program Payments, please contact:
Mr Stephen Nicholas Meissner, Director
Mr Micheal John Morris, Director

Michael John Morris
8 Brownside Road Cheltenham
GLOS
GL51 3AH United Kingdom
Tel: +447966528898
Email: mikemor@gmail.com

Stephen Nicholas Meissner
Foxleaze Barn Stockley Lane
Stockley
Wiltshire SN11 ONH United Kingdom
Tel:+447525866909
Email: snmeissner@googlemail.com

Good luck but based on folk in the UK not sure you will see any money from this.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I don't think I will achieve anything by calling the UK, my only recourse is to go after Simon Beh who's also the MD for UKLI. I know he's trying to deflect all the attention to the UK guys by directing investors to the website you had posted. But he's not getting away so easily.
I will want to contact the CAD and the CIB which you had suggested, but I really want to gather more investors to build up this case. But so far not much responses yet, guess not many had invested in this scheme.

excloc

Reaction score
you do not need to gather a lot of people to let CAD take action. What it needs is a valid case for them to investigate and bring in the guy for questioning. Do not delay if you are sure you have a valid case.

NHH7021

Reaction score
Hi HWZ1973,

I am 1 of the investor with LI and also did not receive my payout since Nov 2009. Due to daily busy commitment, I just noticed the non payout this month and confronted LI. Their reply was they did not get the fund from LI(UK) which prompted me to search in the internet for more info.

What action do you want to take? I am interested to know.
Hope to hear from you soonest possible.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi NHH7021,

I am not sure if you had spoken with your advisor who sold you this investment but mine told me that all the funds were withdrawn by the 2 UK directors which is the reason LI/LWC in sg is unable to issue us the checks for payment.

I am also in contact with the COO, Mr. Tan from LWC who advised me that LWC is pursing a legal case against the 2 UK directors. But it will be a long and painful process. From the way I looked at it somehow LWC is trying to draw a line from the UK directors which is why now you are directed to LI website instead of the LWC website. I was also told that Simon Beh who used to be one of LI directors had ceased to be one now.

One thing got me fired up when Mr. Tan told me that LI/LWC do not had the responsibility to get a planning permit for the land and it's not in the contract, we the investors can pool in the $$$ to engage a planning company in UK to get this done.

I had also checked with CAD and was advised that they need proof that the funds were indeed withdrawn and also there's alot of investors affected by this.

As you can see you are the first investor who had responded to this thread since it was first posted in Jan 10. My plan is to gather the investors and meet with the LWC management for a resolution.

NHH7021

Reaction score
Hi HWZ1973,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have not spoken to anyone fm LI except email them to check why there's non pymt for my payout.

I was refer to COO of LWC Mr. Tan if I need further enquiries which I think it'll come to nothing even if I personally speak to Mr Tan. As mentioned in the email by this girl named Cecilia, LI is seeking legal action towards LI (UK) for non release of funds for the payout.

Should we seek some professional help advice like Mr Tan Kin Lian and see what or how we should progress from here. How to gather all the investor? Will a confessing thru news will help to gather and highlight the case to those affected people to come forward?

I am very lose now. Why CAD cannot open a case to check on this scam? How can an individual investor gather proof? Do they need more investor to come forward and make a complaint to CAD? Should I call CAD to make a complaint first?

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi NHH7021,

yes, I think if you should call CAD, the more people the better.
When the numbers build up they will have to take action.

I also think you should call COO Mr. Tan and get a feel where this is heading.

Is there any way to consult Mr. Tan Kin Lian?

This is clearly a scam and we are at the losing end now because at worst LI will close it's business, LWC will declare a separate entity from LI and we'll be left holding the useless land.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you guys tried approaching Tan Kin Lian (go google his name and add "blogspot" as a keyword).

By the way.. for the umpteem time, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

NHH7021

Reaction score
Hi HWZ1973,

As per your advice, I hv spoken to Mr Tan yesterday. His explaination abt LI is only acting on behalf of LI (UK) and LWC is a separate entity was just as same as what u said.

I asked him about what LI & LWC plan with current case (non payout) and how long this will dread on. He mentioned that they had engaged Karpal Singh Associate to pursue the funds release from LI (UK) but so far no respond from UK side. They also advice investor to write to LI (UK). He said that LI/LWC had put up a notice in their intranet to inform all others investor to come forward and write to LI (UK).

He also do not mind to advice investor to lodge a complaint in S'pore to either CASE or CAD if we want.

But one info that he highlighted is that the plot I bought (Gatwick) is under Phase 1 & 2 which solely owned by S'pore (LWC) will not be affected as much. They had change new planning company and a submission plan is on considering soon. Only for grandmax payout, they need time to pursue from UK side.

As for Swindon, he informed that it was owned by UK side and not under S'pore management.

Have u logon to LWC intranet to see the notice? I logon to Gatwick intranet but can't find the notice at all.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi NHH7021,

look up the earlier posting by probono, that's the notice Mr. Tan is referring to.

Really the investors are at the losing end now, all arrows just point to UK side.
I really do not think LWC should just shred responsibility like this.

Last edited:

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Mr Tan is proposing some activity for people trapped in a bad investment to combine resources, details on his blog.

sarita nassau

Reaction score
land international pte

I have spoken to one of the UK directors and can confirm that yes, money was taken out by the UK directors totalling less than S$8000 to protect this money as this is all that Beh and Tan had left in the companies accounts. Beh and Tan had in fact personally removed large cash sums in excess of hundreds of thousands of S$ the day before they knew that the UK directors were coming over to Singapore to question them about the companies affairs.

Here is a letter that I was sent by the uk company.

Dear Sir/Madam

Please be informed that Land International PTE Ltd has suspended all
activity whilst civil and criminal investigations and prosecutions are
being undertaken in regard to alleged fraudulent and criminal
activities perpetrated by the Managing Director Simon Beh (Beh Chong
Hwee) and CFO Eric Tan (Tan Yong Jie). These alleged actions were to
the detriment of Land International PTE Ltd, it’s shareholders and
more importantly it’s existing investors.

For your information the main lawyers working on the prosecution case
against Beh and Tan are Lee and Lee from Singapore and Gillanders from
the United Kingdom. Other professionals have also been retained to
carry out related investigations both in Singapore and other
countries. KPMG are the official auditors.

Whilst we are doing everything we can to speedily resume business as
normal to the above-mentioned company we have to rely on the Singapore
legal situation and procedures.

Unfortunately Simon Beh (Beh Chong Hwee) and Eric Tan (Tan Yong Jie),
are trying to manipulate the situation by controlling the companies website www.landintfe.com, this is unauthorized and illegal action and they continue
posting incorrect information regarding the running of the
company and the contact details.

Please note they have ignored all requests from lawyers to hand over
control over the website or at the very least change the contact
details for customers to have a legitimate contact point instead they
are issuing personal details of its share holders to try and cause as
much confusion as possible.

All correspondence should be made in writing and sent to the following
Singapore address whilst the investigations are carried out:

Land International (Far East) PTE. Ltd
Penthouse Office
14 Robinson Road, Far East Finance Building
Singapore 048545

Now we have your name on file we will be able to update you on the
criminal and civil actions and we assure you that we will not rest in
this matter until the guilty parties have been prosecuted to the full
force of the Law, and that all investors monies have been recovered
and returned to the investors.

We assure you we are working towards resolving this sad and difficult
situation as soon as possible.

Sincerely

For and on behalf of Land International PTE Ltd

sarita nassau

Reaction score
I contacted UK director

I have spoken to one of the UK directors and can confirm that yes, money was taken out by the UK directors totalling less than S$8000 to protect this money as this is all that Beh and Tan had left in the companies accounts. Beh and Tan had in fact personally removed large cash sums in excess of hundreds of thousands of S$ the day before they knew that the UK directors were coming over to Singapore to question them about the companies affairs.

Here is a letter that I was sent by the uk company.

Dear Sir/Madam

Please be informed that Land International PTE Ltd has suspended all
activity whilst civil and criminal investigations and prosecutions are
being undertaken in regard to alleged fraudulent and criminal
activities perpetrated by the Managing Director Simon Beh (Beh Chong
Hwee) and CFO Eric Tan (Tan Yong Jie). These alleged actions were to
the detriment of Land International PTE Ltd, it’s shareholders and
more importantly it’s existing investors.

For your information the main lawyers working on the prosecution case
against Beh and Tan are Lee and Lee from Singapore and Gillanders from
the United Kingdom. Other professionals have also been retained to
carry out related investigations both in Singapore and other
countries. KPMG are the official auditors.

Whilst we are doing everything we can to speedily resume business as
normal to the above-mentioned company we have to rely on the Singapore
legal situation and procedures.

Unfortunately Simon Beh (Beh Chong Hwee) and Eric Tan (Tan Yong Jie),
are trying to manipulate the situation by controlling the companies website www.landintfe.com, this is unauthorized and illegal action and they continue
posting incorrect information regarding the running of the
company and the contact details.

Please note they have ignored all requests from lawyers to hand over
control over the website or at the very least change the contact
details for customers to have a legitimate contact point instead they
are issuing personal details of its share holders to try and cause as
much confusion as possible.

All correspondence should be made in writing and sent to the following
Singapore address whilst the investigations are carried out:

Land International (Far East) PTE. Ltd
Penthouse Office
14 Robinson Road, Far East Finance Building
Singapore 048545

Now we have your name on file we will be able to update you on the
criminal and civil actions and we assure you that we will not rest in
this matter until the guilty parties have been prosecuted to the full
force of the Law, and that all investors monies have been recovered
and returned to the investors.

We assure you we are working towards resolving this sad and difficult
situation as soon as possible.

Sincerely

For and on behalf of Land International PTE Ltd

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is the first time I hear the other side of the story.
By the way, how do you manage to contact LI from UK.
Do you mind providing the contacts to me.

Thanks.

NHH7021

Reaction score
Wow, this is the first time I hear the other side of the story.
By the way, how do you manage to contact LI from UK.
Do you mind providing the contacts to me.

Thanks.
Wow, now we have 2 side of the story...
Hi HWZ1973, have u update Mr Tan Kin Lian about this new info?
I hv update my info in his blog, so far no respond from Mr Tan KL yet, how abt you?

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had joined in his survey, but most all investors are all in Profitable Group.
So there cannot be any collective actions. Those in PG are ready to storm into PG office and have media coverage lik.e "wax in the city" saga.
I am really puzzled why till now there had not been any more response from other investors on this thread.

NHH7021, I thought Mr. Tan from LWC had advised you that the Gatwick project is still on going??

Last edited:

goey88

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just chanced upon this thread. My Mum and elder brother have also invested in Land International and similarly, payouts stopped sometime last year iirc. Let's keep each other updated as I get more info from them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.