what's the awol charge and punishment?

beautybabies

Reaction score
chao keng (fake illness). but i dun see what is it gotta do with this situation. sure will hv punishment 1. depends on length.

no matter wat he can't escape from punishment. he must noe that his actions last time brought abt this
yup.. his gf also know he cannot escape the punishment on DB terms.. if his mother look for mp will it helps? he got alot of complicated problem

lastly his mental problem is not faked, its true he has this sickness due to stress of his family and relationship btw him and his gf

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, i know he cannot escape from DB, but his gf just hope that to know roughly how long the sentence would be? mental problem is not an excuse, but its prove that he has jing sheng fen lie zheng, its consider serious mental problem
like i said and i hv to say again and keep repeating myself. i heard it's 2x the length u go awol. so 4yrs awol so 8 yrs db?

yea it's a mental problem. he can't escape db. they can keep him in db to undergo treatment.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

beautybabies

Reaction score
like i said and i hv to say again and keep repeating myself. i heard it's 2x the length u go awol. so 4yrs awol so 8 yrs db?

yea it's a mental problem. he can't escape db. they can keep him in db to undergo treatment.
oh, so meaning even he has mentally, family problem and has two children, the DB terms still 2x the length he awol? normally visiting is per wk once?

but now he got caught, no sentence yet, can visit him everyday? is the rules something like prison

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, so meaning even he has mentally, family problem and has two children, the DB terms still 2x the length he awol? normally visiting is per wk once?

but now he got caught, no sentence yet, can visit him everyday? is the rules something like prison
depends. all those can be use to plead for a lighter sentence etc. i believe.

no sentence he still under arrest. it's as good as being in DB. so i guess same regulation?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am looking at the thread on DB..

for awol so many years, in db got ppl sentence more than 3years? cos some ppl mention if awol imprisonment less than 2years, if desertion might be imprisonment less than 10years, which is true and false?
nobody noes. unless we got access all those classified information which we wouldn't know. and even if we know we can't say. so they only thing is to speak to his superiors and find out more.

beautybabies

Reaction score
depends. all those can be use to plead for a lighter sentence etc. i believe.

no sentence he still under arrest. it's as good as being in DB. so i guess same regulation?
u mean no sentence he still under arrest, meaning he's not in db? but usually after been caught, they will need to investiage before bring him to courts?

if the rules is something like prison, usually gf shouldn't have any problem on visiting him

his gf keep calling the saf hotline, asking the ppl in-charge to call her, cos all her family member address, contact has been change. and the bf also just given the new address to the unit for them to home visit, which the bf told her.. if visit can see the 2 children, hope for plead light sentence, cos her gf not working and elder children need to sch, fincinal problem

beautybabies

Reaction score
nobody noes. unless we got access all those classified information which we wouldn't know. and even if we know we can't say. so they only thing is to speak to his superiors and find out more.
but now he so call under arrest, no superiors talking to him, he even ask for how long he is sentence, still need to wait?

how come if have the information also cannot say?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean no sentence he still under arrest, meaning he's not in db? but usually after been caught, they will need to investiage before bring him to courts?

if the rules is something like prison, usually gf shouldn't have any problem on visiting him

his gf keep calling the saf hotline, asking the ppl in-charge to call her, cos all her family member address, contact has been change. and the bf also just given the new address to the unit for them to home visit, which the bf told her.. if visit can see the 2 children, hope for plead light sentence, cos her gf not working and elder children need to sch, fincinal problem
He is consider under remand. yes duh.

this is not a normal civilian prison.

he can plead for a lighter sentence base on compassionate reason. but whether the court martial accept or not is another matter

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but now he so call under arrest, no superiors talking to him, he even ask for how long he is sentence, still need to wait?

how come if have the information also cannot say?
yes. he gotta wait. ask the girlfriend speak to his superior if she noes who and can get them?

classified...

beautybabies

Reaction score
He is consider under remand. yes duh.

this is not a normal civilian prison.

he can plead for a lighter sentence base on compassionate reason. but whether the court martial accept or not is another matter
so mean he is under remand, but usually will take how long for them to be sentence? i have read through the db, some run 10years got caught just 18month for birth register, hear le so touching

beautybabies

Reaction score
yes. he gotta wait. ask the girlfriend speak to his superior if she noes who and can get them?

classified...
his gf also dunno who's the superiors leh.. his gf keep calling the in-charge to call her, she want to know better details, they like damn busy no time make calls

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so mean he is under remand, but usually will take how long for them to be sentence? i have read through the db, some run 10years got caught just 18month for birth register, hear le so touching
If you care to read. i already said many many times IT DEPENDS. how competent and how efficient and how complex the case is for investigation.

what talking you

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check yr PM.

oh btw, the current remand he is under is called closed arrest. just a nice term for remand.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard someone told me before. for everyday u awol, u will kena 2 days db. so maybe 2x the length he awol?

confirm hv to go thru all the court martial proceedings. depends on how efficient they are?

depends. can use that as a plead.

I dun really remember exact figure leh, but first time offender, what I remember for within my powers.... is 1 day DB for every 2 days AWOL, that is JDO summary trial for those who awol a few days one. This one is court martial case, so might be different case. Court martial sentencing usually look at past cases, not sure if public can access court martial similar past cases, with some minor changes for different cases.

my 2nd question is.. since he got caught recently right, how long he will need to know the sentence.. he call up his gf leh, tell her units officer might drop by for home visit?

if his parents bring his gf visit him possible?

As above, this is court martial case, so first need to wait for court martial date, he will be in DB on close arrest until then. Sentence, might or might not start with his first day in custody, depending on how long the sentence also (if few years, few days difference wont make a significant difference... if few weeks, a few days will make some difference).

Home visit will be most likely made by defending officer. This is just to understand and verify his family conditions for the mitigation plea. Do note that defending officer is just another NSF officer who cannot do much for him except help plead guilty and read out the mitigation plea, the prosecution is a civilian lawyer, NSF 2LT wont stand any chance arguing with a trained lawyer. If my memory is right, sentence will be about 2 years, with possibility of 1/3 discount for good behaviour, so about 16 months after discount.

he did not say properly, cos he can only make just one call when he got caught.. even his family member bring his gf go visit also cannot, how to request for it, by mp or his bf approve?

For visitation, I can't remember if can do so now, but definitely can do so after sentencing. Unit should inform them of court martial date, and you can go for the hearing, like normal subordinate court. Court martial is at Kranji or Mowbray camp (these 2 camps are back to back I think), DB just behind that. I'm not really sure if gf not allowed, but I think got limit, like 2 person per visit, 1 visit per week. My unit last time go ppl in DB also, I remembered the gf got go visit or at least the detainee (habitual awolee, like 5th time already) said so.

Editted: yeah, close arrest is the word... me forgot the exact term, didnt read last few posts before posting.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.