Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dearboy87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fwah, stop at me~ no buddy help me :(

Mm! any buddy can recommend me a set up for 2 bedroom and 1 living room?

Usage wise, about 8hrs for both the room at nite, living room the most 3-4hrs before sleep.

Looking at brands panasonic , toshiba, mitsubishi, daikin~

can anyone give me a clear enlightenment?

Last edited:

jasonho26

Banned
Reaction score
MHI is a good brand, they are different company from mit electric.
MHI is made in Thailand. if u drive a mitsubishi car, like the aircon. you will like MHI.

fujitsu, panasonic, MHI is all making its own compressor.

toshiba, daikin does not make own compressor brand, they probably buy from panasonic compressor. if u buy toshiba and daikin paying more than panasonic, you probably better get panasonic instead.

cc2mss5

Reaction score
was quoted:
MHI inverter sys-3
compressor with 3 9k btu fcu = 2499
upgrade to 1/2in armaflex n g22 = 180
5 yrs extended warranty = 359
5 yrs servicing = 1190 (with the 5yrs warranty, all servicing must be done by
the company, hence was recommended to take up the package)

any comments on the pricing?

terumo

Reaction score
Will u pay upfront $4k for a worry free (not confirmed) 5 years usage of aircon?

Dearboy87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MHI is a good brand, they are different company from mit electric.
MHI is made in Thailand. if u drive a mitsubishi car, like the aircon. you will like MHI.

fujitsu, panasonic, MHI is all making its own compressor.

toshiba, daikin does not make own compressor brand, they probably buy from panasonic compressor. if u buy toshiba and daikin paying more than panasonic, you probably better get panasonic instead.

but hor how come ppl here say toshiba is made in japan??

Matrix21

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just went to Gain City to ask about air con, had in mind Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric both 9k BTU but Toshiba cost abit more ex cos better energy savings. The cost to install a Sys1 was $729(unit) + $150(bracket). Is it expensive or okok price, any other place that has cheaper offers?

And it also seems like it has many other cost that haven been told to me. For eg they told me about Insulation Upgrades for a certain price, piping max they give5m only additional length got to pay 3.20, etc etc. anyone know what else i have ask when buying air cons?

Kennikuniya

Reaction score
I just went to Gain City to ask about air con, had in mind Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric both 9k BTU but Toshiba cost abit more ex cos better energy savings. The cost to install a Sys1 was $729(unit) + $150(bracket). Is it expensive or okok price, any other place that has cheaper offers?

And it also seems like it has many other cost that haven been told to me. For eg they told me about Insulation Upgrades for a certain price, piping max they give5m only additional length got to pay 3.20, etc etc. anyone know what else i have ask when buying air cons?

Bro, have you check if you have a power point for the ac? if not, you might have to pay few hundreds for the power point.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after reading this whole thread, i still cannot decide whether to buy daikin/mitsubishi/panasonic.............:(:(:(:(:(

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually depends on yr favourite brand ba.. or design.

panasonic inverter is it ok not?

my requirements of aircon are electricity savings, can cool down the whole room within very short, and cold enough.............:(:(:(

so does panasonic inverter meet the requirements??? :eek::eek:

erimin5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after reading this whole thread, i still cannot decide whether to buy daikin/mitsubishi/panasonic.............:(:(:(:(:(

I using toshiba made in japan :D and slightly cheaper den Mitsubishi.

Sales people at quite a few places told me Mitsubishi is priced more exp and popular because of their aggressive marketing campaign.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
panasonic inverter is it ok not?

my requirements of aircon are electricity savings, can cool down the whole room within very short, and cold enough.............:(:(:(

so does panasonic inverter meet the requirements??? :eek::eek:

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

you can check NEA for the each aircon performance and result. they did sent in their units for testing.

for toshiba only the out door compressor is made in japan. from what i see Gain City now seem to be keen on pushing Toshiba, using Made in Japan as the selling point. maybe they got higher selling profit and commission? 2years ago they used to push Hitachi.
daikin are made in china now but doesn't mean their products are inferior. the brand still charging premium and there people still willing to pay.
think all or most brand offering 5yrs warranty for the compressor, the rest of the parts like in-door unit 1yr. the aircon and piping installation workmanship play a very big part too. the only thing you really can count on is the warranty. if you really worry then can pay extra and opt for the extended full 5yrs warranty for the whole air con system, some places are offering these extension.
daikin, mitsubishi, panasonic, toshiba, hitachi, sharp all Japanese brands should be ok.
just pick the one base with you expectation of price, performance, design, warranty..etc.

buzzmario

Reaction score
have installed diadin and mishu. find that mishu is better, dun know it is because of the better ducting use. each night set at 25 with one bar, very cold to me liao.

xseanyx

Reaction score
Daikin is made in thailand just like Mitsubishi n most jap brands ... not in china ... zzz

xseanyx

Reaction score
have installed diadin and mishu. find that mishu is better, dun know it is because of the better ducting use. each night set at 25 with one bar, very cold to me liao.

same model same capacity same location? and you are using ducting ?! :s31:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin is made in thailand just like Mitsubishi n most jap brands ... not in china ... zzz

Established a new manufacturing base for the manufacture of air conditioning equipment in Shanghai, China, called Daikin Air Conditioning (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and Daikin Central Airconditioning (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Established a tie-up between Tsinghua University in China and Daikinand created the Tsinghua-Daikin R&D Center at Tsinghua University as an R&D base in China.
Established a manufacturing base for the production of A/C compressors in Suzhou, China, called Daikin Device (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
http://www.daikin.com.sg/links.asp?area=3

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27002

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19490
Daikin got plants in china and there internet sources commenting about product quality due to place of production.
i remembered 1 Gaincity sale guy did told me Daikin was made in china now.
maybe Daikin compressor made in china, the FCU still made in thailand.
any way my point is there are Made In China Daikin Aircon in the market now. just because the aircon was made in China doesn't it must be lousy product. Daikin still a big brand in the aircon market, the quality and standard should be there. some consumers might feel safer and more confident with the place of production but if the manufacturer can maintain and guarantee the high standard and quality of their products, the place of production wont be a big issue.

other brands i heard made in china now are sanyo and carrier.
the rest japan brands still thailand and malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.