police selection assessment

DSWH123

Reaction score
HEY i just get sms and email for april interview!!! finally.. can anyone tell me what will they ask and do on that day???

GetFuzzy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HEY i just get sms and email for april interview!!! finally.. can anyone tell me what will they ask and do on that day???

Fill in forms, and more forms then do pyschometric test. Lunchbreak for about an hour. Come back, do bodycheck, marching, flat foot test, etc. Don't fool around at this stage or you might not even see your interviewers. haha... so do your marching and stuffs properly.

After that, would be fill in more forms and documents verification(certs etc) and lastly, the interview panel.

Probably, there are 2-3 interviewers interviewing you. The questions they ask are usually, "why do you want to join SPF?", "what do you know about SPF", and basically, you have sell yourself, interest them.

If you don't do that well, there might be a second interview if they give you another chance, but of course, provided they see a little potential in you.

That's about all.

Good luck

DSWH123

Reaction score
oh.. can i ask what you all normally ans when they ask u all this two question?? as i am nervous haha..any tips??

mehgod87

Reaction score
oh.. can i ask what you all normally ans when they ask u all this two question?? as i am nervous haha..any tips??

One tip that I've learned.. Dun ever say it's ur ambition blar blar blar to join the SPF.. Cos they need to noe wat's ur motivation to join the SPF... One of them told me specifically that they dun me to join blindly just becos of "ambition".. U need to tell them.. Like u need the job as ur ricebowl or smth liddat... For the other qns, just tell them factually wat u noe... Like NPCO is shift work etc..

ziplockbag

Reaction score
i applied in beginning of mar. thought the interview will be held in end may or something. who knows they suddenly email me one week before the actual interview to tell me im selected. im not really prepared mentally. so i email them back to ask for a reschedule of the interview. however, till now, i've yet to receive anything from them.

any idea if this will affect my future application?

also, what's the prospect for females?
will the training be very tough?

=/

geniuspear

Reaction score
i applied in beginning of mar. thought the interview will be held in end may or something. who knows they suddenly email me one week before the actual interview to tell me im selected. im not really prepared mentally. so i email them back to ask for a reschedule of the interview. however, till now, i've yet to receive anything from them.

=/

spf recruitment tend to be quite "slow" due to the overwhelming application or rather, mass recruit anyhw take. the chance of getting in is dam high compare to last time.u see all kind of JA PA LANG ppl inside.no offence but its true.go for the interview, be prepare noe abt spf.go ask,find out more. be confident and polite.

prospect for female no dif frm male except u cant go SOC,STAR etc. well nt tat it affects ur prospect anyway.
training frm wad i see, is nt tough at all physical wise.if u cant handle the pt,ippt sure gone case.
i seem alot of "weak" gals tat complete the pt and pass ippt,some even gold.
while i also seem guys falling out every single PT.
its all individual.

ziplockbag

Reaction score
i mean, they replied too fast, (which caught me by surprise). haha. so i asked for a re-schedule of the interview. however, till now i've yet to receive the date from them. so i wonder if my request for a reschedule of date affects the application.

:)

females can go PCG right?

and, thanks alot for replying. :)

geniuspear

Reaction score
females are in demand almost everywhere,PCG,TP etc. they have MUCH higher chance of entering PCG and TP compare to guys.

burtonho1990

Reaction score

=/

During that time i received the sms to notify me the following day is my interview . Compared to yours ? anyway girls chances are high , just be normal , nothing to prepare

gentori

Master Member
Reaction score
spf recruitment tend to be quite "slow" due to the overwhelming application or rather, mass recruit anyhw take. the chance of getting in is dam high compare to last time.u see all kind of JA PA LANG ppl inside.no offence but its true.go for the interview, be prepare noe abt spf.go ask,find out more. be confident and polite.

prospect for female no dif frm male except u cant go SOC,STAR etc. well nt tat it affects ur prospect anyway.
training frm wad i see, is nt tough at all physical wise.if u cant handle the pt,ippt sure gone case.
i seem alot of "weak" gals tat complete the pt and pass ippt,some even gold.
while i also seem guys falling out every single PT.
its all individual.

Girls need chin up for IPPT?

DSWH123

Reaction score
hi all.. just went for the -Verification of Documents
-Physical Assessment
-English Proficiency Test, if required
-Psychometric Test . and after the last section they ask me go back first.. and they will email me or SMS or letter then let me know the next stage.. can anyone help?? izzit being rejected alr???

mehgod87

Reaction score
hi all.. just went for the -Verification of Documents
-Physical Assessment
-English Proficiency Test, if required
-Psychometric Test . and after the last section they ask me go back first.. and they will email me or SMS or letter then let me know the next stage.. can anyone help?? izzit being rejected alr???

Sounds like u didn't make it for the interview... Wait 1st lo... If they think u got potential... They'll ask u down for another interview...

mehgod87

Reaction score
Anybody gg in on 14-4-2010???? I just recieved the letter... Bond signing on 12-4-2010.... Wat a April Fool day surprise!!!!

DSWH123

Reaction score
Sounds like u didn't make it for the interview... Wait 1st lo... If they think u got potential... They'll ask u down for another interview...

huh why ah... all go very smoothly leh.. and my profile is good too.. wa worried.. but interview is the same day??? cos for what I see is only this four process for today section.. in the email..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.