SMU Information Systems Interview

littlelollipopz

Reaction score
mine is 10th apr... Thank you for sharing your interview dates! I think the whole interview would take 2 hrs... am I allowed to go toilet during that period? hahahas... For those who will be going earlier than me, mind to share your experience after that? :)

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score
What SIS offered is far from what it promised.

From an existing student.

yodatan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SMU information systems alot of programming one ar? will a poly business student struggle in this course?? i applied cos of the low cut off, LOL wonder what are my chances of acceptance

littlelollipopz

Reaction score
SMU information systems alot of programming one ar? will a poly business student struggle in this course?? i applied cos of the low cut off, LOL wonder what are my chances of acceptance

Hmm, if ur gpa is above 3.2/3.3, shud be safe...?

What SIS offered is far from what it promised.

From an existing student.

Mind to explain why? There are lots of potential students here.. Pls enlighten us before we decide to go that school.. lols

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think GPA not very important in SMU. Interview is more important. I was rejected twice; NYP Dip in IT, GPA 3.50.

This tuesday will be my third interview.

Gine89

Reaction score
Interview Question

Hi all! I had an Interview on next tue.. Do anyone know what kind of question will be out?

And is it ok to wear jeans there?

Thanks

Gine89

Reaction score
I think GPA not very important in SMU. Interview is more important. I was rejected twice; NYP Dip in IT, GPA 3.50.

This tuesday will be my third interview.

Hi, my interview also on Tue. May I know your time slot?

Gine89

Reaction score
Oh. I dun have any formal pants! Only have jeans... Though for IS interview don't need to be that formal?

mxxuan

Reaction score

well.. for e first qn, in SIS we are mainly taught java in year 1. i went into sis without any programming background. i'm surviving. you might have some problems with java initially. but, if u are hardworking enough, you should be alright.

i must say, sis dropout rate is pretty high. do a google search and you will know what i mean. you definitely must be able to take the stress from projects etc.. and of course, equipped with good time management skills. besides that, i think smu is a good environment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.