View Single Post
Old 19-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #1248
lwt11137

Hi everybody seem like going for inverter? OK inverter is the latest trend now, but think twice before you decide on inveter unless you using your air-con more than 8 hrs a day then you can see significant saving in energy consumption. Other than that do all you know the gas R410 is expensive to replace everytime if need to servicing all gas should throw away and replace with new expensive gas, wheresle R22 is dirt cheap and no need to throw all away when servicing as this gas does not breakdown when there is a leak like R410. Do you know how much to replace a DC control card or the compressor in the inverter system if it breakdown, much more expensive with the existing non-inveter type of air-con parts and compressor. OK next insulation i notice there is a lot of mention of upgrading of copper pipe and insulation, wow if the salemen tell me to upgrade from 3/8' to 1/2' insulation then i will ask him is it i upgrade to 1/2' he can make sure that my trunking do not sweating wait long long. As for copper pipe all depend on the workmenship and attitude of the installer, if he is those type bo-chap type you upgrade to 1' thick also useless. As brand go for the more reliable brand like panasonic, sanyo and dakin, there make their own compressor so there can design to suit for their own use. Wheresle alot of the other brand there just buy off the shelve to assemble into their unit. Worst some oem without spending a single cent in R&D, so how to justify it performance and efficiency. Hope this help guy and gal here decide what is your need