Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin got plants in china and there internet sources commenting about product quality due to place of production.
i remembered 1 Gaincity sale guy did told me Daikin was made in china now.
maybe Daikin compressor made in china, the FCU still made in thailand.
any way my point is there are Made In China Daikin Aircon in the market now. just because the aircon was made in China doesn't it must be lousy product. Daikin still a big brand in the aircon market, the quality and standard should be there. some consumers might feel safer and more confident with the place of production but if the manufacturer can maintain and guarantee the high standard and quality of their products, the place of production wont be a big issue.

other brands i heard made in china now are sanyo and carrier.
the rest japan brands still thailand and malaysia.

yeah, i agree..

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think we should get used to it coz sooner or later, 'everything' is gonna be produced in china.

me? i bought Toshiba, compressor made in japan mah! :s13:

seriously i wouldn't be surprised my next air-con would be 100% made-in-china. =:p

Haha.. But u wil nv knw if yr compressor is indeed made in china. Unless u open it up! :p

chinesealbumart

Reaction score
Quiet Compressor

Does anyone know of a compressor (inverter unit) that is very quiet..

I stay in an old 3 room HDB flat and the compressor is just outside my master bedroom. My neighbour downstair complained my compressor noisy :(

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score

I stay in an old 3 room HDB flat and the compressor is just outside my master bedroom. My neighbour downstair complained my compressor noisy :(
Old unit sure have noise that where wear and tear occur, if you need low noise than you need to have regular maint or maybe change ur unit every 3 year.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody seem like going for inverter? OK inverter is the latest trend now, but think twice before you decide on inveter unless you using your air-con more than 8 hrs a day then you can see significant saving in energy consumption. Other than that do all you know the gas R410 is expensive to replace everytime if need to servicing all gas should throw away and replace with new expensive gas, wheresle R22 is dirt cheap and no need to throw all away when servicing as this gas does not breakdown when there is a leak like R410. Do you know how much to replace a DC control card or the compressor in the inverter system if it breakdown, much more expensive with the existing non-inveter type of air-con parts and compressor. OK next insulation i notice there is a lot of mention of upgrading of copper pipe and insulation, wow if the salemen tell me to upgrade from 3/8' to 1/2' insulation then i will ask him is it i upgrade to 1/2' he can make sure that my trunking do not sweating wait long long. As for copper pipe all depend on the workmenship and attitude of the installer, if he is those type bo-chap type you upgrade to 1' thick also useless. As brand go for the more reliable brand like panasonic, sanyo and dakin, there make their own compressor so there can design to suit for their own use. Wheresle alot of the other brand there just buy off the shelve to assemble into their unit. Worst some oem without spending a single cent in R&D, so how to justify it performance and efficiency. Hope this help guy and gal here decide what is your need

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
R410A is Greener and more friendly to the environment and inverter compressor is quieter and having longer compressor life span than a non inverter unit.

i see the reason most people opt for R22 and non inverter is the higher cost of R410A and inverter.
if you got the extra budget just for R410A and inverter.

http://www.daikin.com.sg/svc_charges.asp

Daikin website got the charges of R22 and R410A
their price diff is not that ridiculously expensive.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
R410A is Greener and more friendly to the environment and inverter compressor is quieter and having longer compressor life span than a non inverter unit.

i see the reason most people opt for R22 and non inverter is the higher cost of R410A and inverter.
if you got the extra budget just for R410A and inverter.

http://www.daikin.com.sg/svc_charges.asp

Daikin website got the charges of R22 and R410A
their price diff is not that ridiculously expensive.

Do you know the the efficiency of cooling capacity of R410 is somewhat lower than R22 and Compressor using R410 it need to use ether oil which absorb moisture much more faster than R22 therefore your system is more likely to breakdown in a sub standard technician. So you think 350% is not a ridiculously price?????, do you know how a dc compressor work when it kick in it is spinning in extreme high speed to speed up the cooling efficency therefore part inside of the comp tend to worn out much faster than non inveter comp which only spinning at max of 50hz our local supply and when run at high speed the temp inside the comp will be extreme high and when the ether oil is so easy to absorb moisture therefore oxidize then rust follow you need to pay for replacement.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know the the efficiency of cooling capacity of R410 is somewhat lower than R22 and Compressor using R410 it need to use ether oil which absorb moisture much more faster than R22 therefore your system is more likely to breakdown in a sub standard technician. So you think 350% is not a ridiculously price?????, do you know how a dc compressor work when it kick in it is spinning in extreme high speed to speed up the cooling efficency therefore part inside of the comp tend to worn out much faster than non inveter comp which only spinning at max of 50hz our local supply and when run at high speed the temp inside the comp will be extreme high and when the ether oil is so easy to absorb moisture therefore oxidize then rust follow you need to pay for replacement.

provided compressor warranty is 5 years warranty. so shouldnt be a problem when it needs a replacement of compressor.

for mine, additional 1 year warranty from installer. :D

IMO, yup, r410 is more cold than r22, of cos anything u can say inverter is gd. but there is 1 thing u cannot do, which is the price different between a non-inverter n inverter.

of cos if got $$, than no problem to go for inverter.. if anything spoilt, got $$ also no problem.:D rite?

Last edited:

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
provided compressor warranty is 5 years warranty. so shouldnt be a problem when it needs a replacement of compressor.

for mine, additional 1 year warranty from installer. :D

IMO, yup, r410 is more cold than r22, of cos anything u can say inverter is gd. but there is 1 thing u cannot do, which is the price different between a non-inverter n inverter.

of cos if got $$, than no problem to go for inverter.. if anything spoilt, got $$ also no problem.:D rite?

Bro do you notice some manufacturer in the market promise of 5 yrs warranty of compessor but must replace by their own technician and then they charge you only the workmanship. Do you know the cost of the workmanship cost more or same when you give a third party contractor do the same job with a same brand new comp. I do not want to mention the brand of the Air-Con.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a sub standard technician will cause problem to a R22 non inverter aircon too, it not apply only to R410A inverter unit.
non inverter have the frequent start and stop problem, it also likely to cause the unit to have a shorter life span.
inverter aircon is not something new in the market. they had been in the market for years. if the reliability is an issue we should see mass failures and users complaining around. there inverter units running for years without problem.

like it or not R22 will be phase out and get replaced by R410A. R22 might be more expensive than R410A down the road once majority switch to R410A.
yes, for me i willing to fork out the extra 350% or $25 now for a greener environment and i dont see how often user will need a gas refill with a proper installation..

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mitsubishi electric inverter aircon FTW..........:D:D:D:D:D

AirCond_save%20half%20the%20right%20way.jpg

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro do you notice some manufacturer in the market promise of 5 yrs warranty of compessor but must replace by their own technician and then they charge you only the workmanship. Do you know the cost of the workmanship cost more or same when you give a third party contractor do the same job with a same brand new comp. I do not want to mention the brand of the Air-Con.
the same warranty policy apply to their non inverter unit rite? in the event their non inverter compressor fail, user still need to pay the workmanship for non inverter compressor replacement?
so this issue become a brand issue and not an inverter vs non inverter issue any more?

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let put prices aside.
just purely base on spec and performance to make a selection.
non-inverter, inverter, R22, R410A all same prices.
how many people will still opt for the R22 + non inverter combo?

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
a sub standard technician will cause problem to a R22 non inverter aircon too, it not apply only to R410A inverter unit.
non inverter have the frequent start and stop problem, it also likely to cause the unit to have a shorter life span.
inverter aircon is not something new in the market. they had been in the market for years. if the reliability is an issue we should see mass failures and users complaining around. there inverter units running for years without problem.

like it or not R22 will be phase out and get replaced by R410A. R22 might be more expensive than R410A down the road once majority switch to R410A.
yes, for me i willing to fork out the extra 350% or $25 now for a greener environment and i dont see how often user will need a gas refill with a proper installation..

FYI R22 will stop production in year 2020 where now plant in china and south america is piling up the R22 stock conservative say it can last another ten year therefore by 2030 then maybe R22 will totally phase out.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
the same warranty policy apply to their non inverter unit rite? in the event their non inverter compressor fail, user still need to pay the workmanship for non inverter compressor replacement?
so this issue become a brand issue and not an inverter vs non inverter issue any more?
Yes, but non inverter comp is so much easiler to replace i no need to go back to the manufacturer there is so many on the shelve to choose. You cannot simply get any off the shelve inverter comp to replace as each design is not the same and it may not work with their DC control card.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody seem like going for inverter? OK inverter is the latest trend now, but think twice before you decide on inveter unless you using your air-con more than 8 hrs a day then you can see significant saving in energy consumption. Other than that do all you know the gas R410 is expensive to replace everytime if need to servicing all gas should throw away and replace with new expensive gas, wheresle R22 is dirt cheap and no need to throw all away when servicing as this gas does not breakdown when there is a leak like R410. Do you know how much to replace a DC control card or the compressor in the inverter system if it breakdown, much more expensive with the existing non-inveter type of air-con parts and compressor. OK next insulation i notice there is a lot of mention of upgrading of copper pipe and insulation, wow if the salemen tell me to upgrade from 3/8' to 1/2' insulation then i will ask him is it i upgrade to 1/2' he can make sure that my trunking do not sweating wait long long. As for copper pipe all depend on the workmenship and attitude of the installer, if he is those type bo-chap type you upgrade to 1' thick also useless. As brand go for the more reliable brand like panasonic, sanyo and dakin, there make their own compressor so there can design to suit for their own use. Wheresle alot of the other brand there just buy off the shelve to assemble into their unit. Worst some oem without spending a single cent in R&D, so how to justify it performance and efficiency. Hope this help guy and gal here decide what is your need

i think ur comments are purely constraint by ur budget, that's why no way for u to agree that u will agree inverter air-con is good, becos u simply cannot afford.........

Inverter Advantages Compared to Non-Inverter

Energy saving

After the indoor temperature approaches the set temperature, Inverter Control adjusts to low capacity operation to maintain this temperature. This makes inverter models more energy-saving than non-inverter models, which must repeatedly start or stop their compressors to maintain the room temperature.
Powerful

Inverter air conditioners operate at maximum capacity as soon as they start up. As a result, the set temperature can be reached more quickly.
Comfortable

Inverter air conditioners finely adjust capacity according to changes in the air-conditioning load and the difference between the indoor temperature and set temperature is small. These give higher comfort levels than with non-inverter air conditioners.

u have not considered that the huge raises of electricity bill in sg.....in 2-3 years times u cannot imagine how much the electricity bill will increase, u must take note sg electricity tariff revised quarterly......meaning max can increase 4 times per year.......

price.JPG

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the main issue with R22 are not the cost and supply. it is their Ozone depletion problem.
if we able have a choice to adapt a more friendly gas why dont we just go for it earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.