Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Variable Capacity Operation

Inverter air conditioners are able to vary their operating capacity. Non-inverter air conditioners can only operate at a fixed capacity.
m_02.gif

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reluctance DC Inverter Power Control Achieves High COPs

newwall_04.gif

The DC Inverter series features the Reluctance DC motor for compressor and DC motor for fan. This hi-tech energy-saving package is completed by Daikin's advanced swing compressor and PAM control. FTXS25E achieves a COP of 4.17 , 48% higher than conventional model. This is the result of upgrading from conventional AC inverter to advanced DC Inverter technology.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
let put prices aside.
just purely base on spec and performance to make a selection.
non-inverter, inverter, R22, R410A all same prices.
how many people will still opt for the R22 + non inverter combo?

Because lay man does not the pro and con behind it.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, but non inverter comp is so much easiler to replace i no need to go back to the manufacturer there is so many on the shelve to choose. You cannot simply get any off the shelve inverter comp to replace as each design is not the same and it may not work with their DC control card.
so it still go down to the same reason i said earlier why people pick a non inverter unit, Cost.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
i think ur comments are purely constraint by ur budget, that's why no way for u to agree that u will agree inverter air-con is good, becos u simply cannot afford.........

Inverter Advantages Compared to Non-Inverter

Energy saving

After the indoor temperature approaches the set temperature, Inverter Control adjusts to low capacity operation to maintain this temperature. This makes inverter models more energy-saving than non-inverter models, which must repeatedly start or stop their compressors to maintain the room temperature.
Powerful

Inverter air conditioners operate at maximum capacity as soon as they start up. As a result, the set temperature can be reached more quickly.
Comfortable

Inverter air conditioners finely adjust capacity according to changes in the air-conditioning load and the difference between the indoor temperature and set temperature is small. These give higher comfort levels than with non-inverter air conditioners.

u have not considered that the huge raises of electricity bill in sg.....in 2-3 years times u cannot imagine how much the electricity bill will increase, u must take note sg electricity tariff revised quarterly......meaning max can increase 4 times per year.......

price.JPG

No you are totally wrong i had done the evaluation of R407 and R410 comp test when it not yet launch when i was with previous company, from the data collected and information feedback from our HQ in japan we came to conclusion that the performance of R407 and R410 cooling efficency is not as good as R22 and some it need to operate at higer condensing and suction pressure inorder to acheive it operating cycle. And the gas itself is very sensitive to moisture and moisture inside a refrigerant cycle is very damaging. You need thicker copper piping for R410 due to high operating pressure therefore parts more easily wear and tear and the twin cylinder pump more part more failurer. But we have no choice due to what so call ozone depleting sustance we still have to launch this technology, but behind it all we knew the pro and con.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No you are totally wrong i had done the evaluation of R407 and R410 comp test when it not yet launch when i was with previous company, from the data collected and information feedback from our HQ in japan we came to conclusion that the performance of R407 and R410 cooling efficency is not as good as R22 and some it need to operate at higer condensing and suction pressure inorder to acheive it operating cycle. And the gas itself is very sensitive to moisture and moisture inside a refrigerant cycle is very damaging. You need thicker copper piping for R410 due to high operating pressure therefore parts more easily wear and tear and the twin cylinder pump more part more failurer. But we have no choice due to what so call ozone depleting sustance we still have to launch this technology, but behind it all we knew the pro and con.

again same as what i said, ur totally concern is ONLY COST, no way u will talk in other way, becos u are constraint FULLY by COST..........:s22::s22::s22::s22::s22::s22:

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
again same as what i said, ur totally concern is ONLY COST, no way u will talk in other way, becos u are constraint FULLY by COST..........:s22::s22::s22::s22::s22::s22:

Hi, did i mention it does not save energy as i had said earlier it only provide significant saving when you operate more 8 hrs per day. pls read my earlier post before giving remark!!!!!

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And the gas itself is very sensitive to moisture and moisture inside a refrigerant cycle is very damaging. You need thicker copper piping for R410 due to high operating pressure therefore parts more easily wear and tear and the twin cylinder pump more part more failurer.
using grade 23 copper pipping and with proper piping installation we should not have the above mention problem rite?

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
i am saying what i think only, dun need to be work out even whether it is true for u or not...

i am not expert anyway....:s22::s22::s22:

maybe u can help to suggest on this.........i am installing aircon in my room, which one will be the better spot to install....thanks in advance.......:)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2735262

The shorter the piping and the less bent of piping is the best and remember if on landed property vertical height of piping do not exceed 5M if not compressor oil will not return and your ompresor will die very soon. If no choice you need to installed a oil seperator or u-tube installation.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The shorter the piping and the less bent of piping is the best and remember if on landed property vertical height of piping do not exceed 5M if not compressor oil will not return and your ompresor will die very soon. If no choice you need to installed a oil seperator or u-tube installation.

my ideal location is at location D, and the compressor will be just outside windows, so confirmed less than 2-3M...........:D:D:D between the distance....

so is location D a good location? if i would like to feel the air colder on bed??:D

becos i scare hot a lot one.........=:p

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
using grade 23 copper pipping and with proper piping installation we should not have the above mention problem rite?

If a good compressor will never fail you for ten year provided a good installation is done and with regular maintenace pay more attention on the fancoil most of the problem start from there then link to other part of the system.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If a good compressor will never fail you for ten year provided a good installation is done and with regular maintenace pay more attention on the fancoil most of the problem start from there then link to other part of the system.
so end of the day still go down to
pick a good brand that produce reliable product
use good and reliable installation team to do the pipping job
do maintenance
and last Luck

anyway thank for sharing the tips and technical info.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

this also add cost becos the need of thicker insulation n copper piping.

but of cos, if in future, the cost is lower, surely all will choose inverter.

problem is NOW. the cost of everything on inverter is high. so when consumer tink tat inverter is gd, "i wan to get inverter", but so exp. tats jus my opinion btw, i guess alot of ppl will also like tat tink. :s8:

hmm...but main cause of gas leak is joining of 2 copper pipes together.

so if got joining 2 pipes together, than be prepare to "sian".:s22:

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
my ideal location is at location D, and the compressor will be just outside windows, so confirmed less than 2-3M...........:D:D:D between the distance....

so is location D a good location? if i would like to feel the air colder on bed??:D

becos i scare hot a lot one.........=:p

If I were you i prefer E which give better air circulation in your room and somemore only 3 bent very optimal installation. Also tell the installer do a good gradient for you drain pipe and you should have many sweet dream.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so end of the day still go down to
pick a good brand that produce reliable product
use good and reliable installation team to do the pipping job
do maintenance
and last Luck

anyway thank for sharing the tips and technical info.

agree..

but installation team wise, heng or suay ba.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
this also add cost becos the need of thicker insulation n copper piping.

but of cos, if in future, the cost is lower, surely all will choose inverter.

problem is NOW. the cost of everything on inverter is high. so when consumer tink tat inverter is gd, "i wan to get inverter", but so exp. tats jus my opinion btw, i guess alot of ppl will also like tat tink. :s8:

hmm...but main cause of gas leak is joining of 2 copper pipes together.

so if got joining 2 pipes together, than be prepare to "sian".:s22:

if we talking about standard joint of pipe(brazing) you need to charge in N2 gas to prevent oxidizing of internal of copper pipe when brazing the 2 pipe together, but in market nobody will do this for you. But at least ask for a thorough vacuum, but most of the market installer only purge the system with refrigerant and seal that it (time saving)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.