Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwt11137

Master Member
Reaction score
agree..

but installation team wise, heng or suay ba.

not heng suay, i used to have contractor which he had installed my system 3 which lasted more than ten year still working fine now with no sweating, drain pipe choke and gas leakage issue. Of course regular maint is a must which i do it myself. Sad to say he already retire and go back to malaysia.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I were you i prefer E which give better air circulation in your room and somemore only 3 bent very optimal installation. Also tell the installer do a good gradient for you drain pipe and you should have many sweet dream.

what u mean by good gradient for drain pipe???:s22::s22::s22::s22::s22:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not heng suay, i used to have contractor which he had installed my system 3 which lasted more than ten year still working fine now with no sweating, drain pipe choke and gas leakage issue. Of course regular maint is a must which i do it myself. Sad to say he already retire and go back to malaysia.

so u suay lor... he retire liao..:s13:

Brittlestars

Reaction score
Air con configuration

Hi Air con gurus! I need some urgent help on the following.

I just bought an apt and I intend to replace my existing air con systems as they are 8 years old. The current set up consists of a System 3 (Master room 12k BTU, Guest room 9k BTU, Study room 9k BTU) and a System 2(Living and Dinning room 12k BTU each).

My air con usage is typically daily (Master, Study rooms) and occasionally (Living/Dining/Guest rooms).

I arranged for 2 site inspections but both technicians proposed different configurations:

(A) Follow existing configuration, ie. 3 rooms (System 3) and Living/Dining (System 2). This technician reasoned that this configuration saves on servicing as (given my usage style) I need only to service more frequently on the outdoor unit of System 3 than outdoor unit of System 2.

(B) System 3 (Living 12k, Guest 9k, Study 9k), System 2 (Dining 12k, Master 12k). This technician reasoned that this configuration enables both outdoor units are more evenly utilised, which is better in the long run.

I'm indifferent to both but what do you think? Do both explanations above make sense? Or is there an optimum configuration not stated above?

Thanks so much! :)

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4540456059_69f6546798_b.jpg

4540459687_04ecc03cc9_b.jpg

4540463105_8cd0775ebd_b.jpg

4540472351_27998a4040_b.jpg

4540478591_461055b743_b.jpg

4541118338_91bd86c5a2_b.jpg

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi innocast, your mitsubishi inverter good or not? my friend just installed system 4 in hdb and complained not cold enough. set at 20-21 dec celsius. switched on only the 13000 btu fancoil the whole night and the temperature only "cool" nia, not cold as compared to his old daikin non inverter system 4.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi innocast, your mitsubishi inverter good or not? my friend just installed system 4 in hdb and complained not cold enough. set at 20-21 dec celsius. switched on only the 13000 btu fancoil the whole night and the temperature only "cool" nia, not cold as compared to his old daikin non inverter system 4.

cost ah.....25 degree with the air-con it ownself's fan on....very cold, must wear blanket to sleep.........:D:D:D:D

and it cools down very fast.....less than 10mins can reach the set temperature liao.........:D:D:D:D

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shld be installation problem, tats y not cold.

terumo

Reaction score
(A) Follow existing configuration, ie. 3 rooms (System 3) and Living/Dining (System 2). This technician reasoned that this configuration saves on servicing as (given my usage style) I need only to service more frequently on the outdoor unit of System 3 than outdoor unit of System 2.

This configuration will saves energy. But power wise, one condensor to support 3 fancoils.

(B) System 3 (Living 12k, Guest 9k, Study 9k), System 2 (Dining 12k, Master 12k). This technician reasoned that this configuration enables both outdoor units are more evenly utilised, which is better in the long run.

This configuration will be more powerful.
Cos u usually on ur living/dining in the evening. Rooms in the night. So 2 compressor will be working @ any given time = more energy consumption.

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shld be installation problem, tats y not cold.

wah, that is the worst problem to have...so messy to redo :s13:

think better ask him to get mitsubishi to send someone down to check. anyone here knows what are the right questions to ask the technician and to ensure they check all the important stuff and not get smoked that its considered quite cold already :s13:

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cost ah.....25 degree with the air-con it ownself's fan on....very cold, must wear blanket to sleep.........:D:D:D:D

and it cools down very fast.....less than 10mins can reach the set temperature liao.........:D:D:D:D

jialat, if set to 21 deg celsius on the remote and leave it on the whole night can reach this temp or not? or is the lowest it can achieve around 23 deg C only?

i think my old daikin non inverter is better than his inverter mitsubishi

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, workmanship not good.........or the other possible reason is gas leak...........;););););)

wah, brand new can have gas leak too? he complained the installer didnt even bother to check the gas pressure etc because its brand new :s8:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, brand new can have gas leak too? he complained the installer didnt even bother to check the gas pressure etc because its brand new :s8:

it shld be the flaring part where connect the copper pipe to FCU n to condenser not done properly. or nut not tighten.

or there is joining of 2 pipes, didnt join properly, so got hole, will leak.

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it shld be the flaring part where connect the copper pipe to FCU n to condenser not done properly. or nut not tighten.

ya lo why cannot leak? u sua gu ah?????? :s13::s13::s13::s13::s13:

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

good points, will feedback to my friend to use as ammo when mitsubishi technician visit him. although pipes now concealed think hard to check man

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
reputable company install mah, thought should at least be working well in the beginning...:D

u "thought" only, nowadays no such thing as brand guarantee service one.........;););););)

all big brand also kena pwned by their workman, which their skills are good or not, is not guaranteed one............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.