[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

cuppers

Reaction score
Can't send Email

Hi guys, I'm having problem with sending email using the mac mail application. I'm able to receive mail but unable to send.. Any ideas how do i deal with this issue?
I had set the incoming and outgoing mail server accordingly but still no luck.

(i'm using singnet mail)
Tks man..

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having problem with sending email using the mac mail application. I'm able to receive mail but unable to send.. Any ideas how do i deal with this issue?
I had set the incoming and outgoing mail server accordingly but still no luck.

(i'm using singnet mail)
Tks man..

if u set it up on iPhone or anywhere else got encounter any problem?

i would recommend you try other computer or device see if its working properly in the first place...

if both dont work, thinks its setting wrong....

cuppers

Reaction score
if u set it up on iPhone or anywhere else got encounter any problem?

i would recommend you try other computer or device see if its working properly in the first place...

if both dont work, thinks its setting wrong....

yup, It's working well on my iPhone and microsoft outlook using the same incoming/outgoing server setting respectively..

Last edited:

frozenh2o

Reaction score
Eh, just a quick question...Anyone on 8GB of ram? (macbook pro) do you notice any difference in speed or access?

ChenHoNam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, just a quick question...Anyone on 8GB of ram? (macbook pro) do you notice any difference in speed or access?
yea, i was wondering if there is any significant difference...

the 8gb is ex , wonder if 4gb is good enough for multitasking.

frozenh2o

Reaction score
I mean like so far, 4Gb is actually more than enough...just looking at the possibility of 8GB when the price goes down...would be working on videos and photos and wondering how the 4gb would hold up as compared to having the 8gb. don't really want to purchase the next next revision if possible.

so anyone with 8gb in their system able to comment on how it is? =D

miloatsaleo

Reaction score
I mean like so far, 4Gb is actually more than enough...just looking at the possibility of 8GB when the price goes down...would be working on videos and photos and wondering how the 4gb would hold up as compared to having the 8gb. don't really want to purchase the next next revision if possible.

so anyone with 8gb in their system able to comment on how it is? =D

I would like to hear from those who has 8GB macbook pro 2010 too. As i am intending to get one with 8GB instead of 4GB for long term plans with this new mbp.

frozenh2o

Reaction score
I would like to hear from those who has 8GB macbook pro 2010 too. As i am intending to get one with 8GB instead of 4GB for long term plans with this new mbp.

I did read that upgrading to a faster hard disk would show more visible results as compared to just piling on the ram

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I did read that upgrading to a faster hard disk would show more visible results as compared to just piling on the ram

Depends on usage. I'll almost never hit 4GB unless I run Win7 intensively in Parallels atop my multitude of other programs.

/Dan

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it recommend to buy a protector or wadever its call... to prevent scratch of the outer layer of the macbook?? or we dunnid @ all? roughly how much will it cost? which shop do you all recommend epi center? or any other shop?

miloatsaleo

Reaction score
Depends on usage. I'll almost never hit 4GB unless I run Win7 intensively in Parallels atop my multitude of other programs.

/Dan

Yea, i will be using VMfusion to load Windows 7 concurrently too. I was thinking 8GB in the long term run, it will be the norm or maybe 1.5 years later, it will be the norm. And my mbp doesn't really lag behind the newer ones in time to come.

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yea, i will be using VMfusion to load Windows 7 concurrently too. I was thinking 8GB in the long term run, it will be the norm or maybe 1.5 years later, it will be the norm. And my mbp doesn't really lag behind the newer ones in time to come.

Your call. I personally think it's too much money to spend for now.

If 4GB modules drop to sub $100, then it's a good time to buy. But not now when they are $300/ea at Apple online when you do a CTO.

The RAM is user-upgradaeable. Changing it in future when RAM is cheaper does not void your warranty.

/Dan

miloatsaleo

Reaction score
Your call. I personally think it's too much money to spend for now.

If 4GB modules drop to sub $100, then it's a good time to buy. But not now when they are $300/ea at Apple online when you do a CTO.

The RAM is user-upgradaeable. Changing it in future when RAM is cheaper does not void your warranty.

/Dan

Oh yes, talking about that. That comes to my attention. As this is a unibody mbp, how easy would it be to change those rams. I saw the opening / dissecting of the mbp from ifixit.com but well, wouldn't be sure whether we can do a good job in changing the rams like them..

Anyone changed their rams from their unibody mbp themselves? Do share the level of difficulty and complications in changing them.

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, talking about that. That comes to my attention. As this is a unibody mbp, how easy would it be to change those rams. I saw the opening / dissecting of the mbp from ifixit.com but well, wouldn't be sure whether we can do a good job in changing the rams like them..

Anyone changed their rams from their unibody mbp themselves? Do share the level of difficulty and complications in changing them.

Just take off the back cover, replace the RAM modules, screw back cover back on.

Instructions are in the manual. You should be able to do it in 1-2 minutes, it's a very simple process.

/Dan

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be gentle when releasing the module from the socket. Too big a force can break it...

Pepsi330ml

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MacMini or iMac using Mini DisplayPort to HDMI

Hi,

Anyone using a mini display port to HDMI particularly on Mac Mini?
How's the quality like for videos, photo?
Can it output a decent digital sound?

Which converter you are using?
Where to buy and How much?

Anyone using Belkin HDMI to Mini Display Port Adaptor?
http://bigmacky.wordpress.com/2009/10/25/connecting-a-playstation-3-to-your-imac/
Another big reason to buy Imac

TQ

Last edited:

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey all. i got a problem.. my mac time is wrong.. i dunno y its 1036 but it appear tt its 636pm

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.