SMU Information Systems Interview

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now this course should be super hot after it reported the highest salaries for last batch of local grads....

Amancia

Reaction score
A little update, everyone. I got a call from SMU today at around 5 PM for an interview on Thursday. I thought they were going to void my application as I applied a day before the deadline. I am pretty sure I am going for NUS FASS, but I want to keep my options open so I am going down for the interview!

lgp.rebecca

Reaction score
A little update, everyone. I got a call from SMU today at around 5 PM for an interview on Thursday. I thought they were going to void my application as I applied a day before the deadline. I am pretty sure I am going for NUS FASS, but I want to keep my options open so I am going down for the interview!

May i ask, whats your gpa? ;)

benson987fm

Reaction score
i surprised that i received call from smu to go for a group interview on wednesday. because i never even pay the application fee and submit my document.

anyone know how long is the group interview? and during the group interview what are we going to do?

lgp.rebecca

Reaction score
i surprised that i received call from smu to go for a group interview on wednesday. because i never even pay the application fee and submit my document.

anyone know how long is the group interview? and during the group interview what are we going to do?

wao, then i guess your gpa must be very good baah. haha

pika_hippo

Reaction score
Please select the course you wish to accept:

SMU - Bachelor of Science (Information Systems Management)

Gotten the offer already via snail mail n the online joint acceptance... Went for the interview on 10 Apr.. Pretty fast..

ShUtUp

Reaction score
Please select the course you wish to accept:

SMU - Bachelor of Science (Information Systems Management)

Gotten the offer already via snail mail n the online joint acceptance... Went for the interview on 10 Apr.. Pretty fast..

What's your result? GPA/A level

jervenne

Reaction score
Hi!

just gotten my SIS acceptance letter.
interviewed on 19th apr.
I'm from a local poly, with gpa of 3.84

all the best for the rest!

just want to ask everyone although I've a strong attraction towards SIS;
what do you guys feel about NUS IS and SIS?

Last edited:

junglegym

Reaction score
My brother just got admitted into IS. His interview was on Saturday, 24th April. Took A levels, got straight Bs, has background in computing.

OKK77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just want to ask everyone although I've a strong attraction towards SIS;
what do you guys feel about NUS IS and SIS?

Both should (at least ISM does) give you ample opportunities for development albeit in different packages. I love what I got out of SMU but I do wonder what I'd have turned into if I went to SoC instead. It is a matter of what you want to do, in the end.

Really, it depends. :D

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got admitted 18 hours ago!!!
NYP Dip in IT 3.50
This was my THIRD interview.

davsmiths

Master Member
Reaction score
For those considering to take ISM, let me just share a few tips.

There are other degrees out there that don't require as much time and effort to complete.
ISM is the only degree in SMU that requires you to do a FYP (burnt one summer away, in fact for all your holidays, you'll be encourage to take up various courses) and does not allow you to re-take your CORE modules directly if you fail them because the school doesn't offer it.

An SIS student needs to be a consistent worker/mugger and must possess extreme tenacity in dealing with the heavy workload.

If you're up for the challenge, welcome to SIS. Really really think twice. Within my circle, I've known at least 3 who quit school, 4 who failed their fundamentals IS modules.

*This message serves as a reality check. My two cents worth.

Buaya_Hunter

Banned
Reaction score
For those considering to take ISM, let me just share a few tips.

There are other degrees out there that don't require as much time and effort to complete.
ISM is the only degree in SMU that requires you to do a FYP (burnt one summer away, in fact for all your holidays, you'll be encourage to take up various courses) and does not allow you to re-take your CORE modules directly if you fail them because the school doesn't offer it.

An SIS student needs to be a consistent worker/mugger and must possess extreme tenacity in dealing with the heavy workload.

If you're up for the challenge, welcome to SIS. Really really think twice. Within my circle, I've known at least 3 who quit school, 4 who failed their fundamentals IS modules.

*This message serves as a reality check. My two cents worth.

SMU ISM sibeh jialats meh? U say like that, NUS IS dept course must be considered paradise liao. :s13:

(P.S Greeting from a student currently in NUS IS dept)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.