QUESTION ABOUT CITIBANK PREMIERMILES CARD

eunique

Reaction score
Sorry ah, 1 Citimiles = x krisflyer miles? How about other miles? Thanks

1 Citimile = 1 Krisflyer mile :)

The following is taken on page 16 of Citibank's T&Cs here:
http://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/cc/cc_pm_tnc.pdf

4.3 The cardmember can use Citi Miles to redeem for FFP miles/points at the redemption rate of 1 Citi Mile = 1 FFP mile (except for Asia Miles FFP where the redemption rate is 1 Citi Mile = 0.4 Asia Miles)...

4.4 The cardmember will be charged a S$25 administrative fee (or such other amount as may be imposed by the Bank at its absolute discretion without notice to the cardmember) for each request to use his Citi Miles to redeem for FFP miles. Each redemption request must be for a minimum of 500 Citi Miles.

Note: FFP stands for Frequent Flyer Programs. They include airlines under the group of Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, Royal Orchid Plus and WorldPerks FFPs.

Kenylng

Reaction score
cool, which airline is that for 20miles? to japan? what airlines fall under those category? does budget airlines and jetstar airasia tigerair included?

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
cool, which airline is that for 20miles? to japan? what airlines fall under those category? does budget airlines and jetstar airasia tigerair included?

Star Alliance Partners
Air Canada
Air New Zealand
ANA
Asiana Airlines
Austrian bmi
Delta Airlines
LOT Polish Airlines
Lufthansa
Scandinavian Airlines
Singapore Airlines
South African Airways
Spanair SWISS TAP Air Portugal Thai
United US Airways * *

eunique

Reaction score

For 20 miles, sure don't have de:s13:
For 20k miles, then yes, there is.
You can do a quick search online. Googling on the various Frequent Flyer Programs might help (see my last post before this).

Thanatos_Wraiths

Reaction score
yalor spending 17.7k to get a 2way to thailand like very -.-//.. getting tiger or jetstar airline are so cheap now..

u mean you make use of the pm to get rebates of your oversea's expense? (according to citi web 5000 pm = $50 rebates rite?)
I meant getting the rebate from your mentioned UOB ONE card.
If i want to save for japan, a 2 two ticket for 2 x pax will cost how much? if redeem using PM?
You will need 76.5KFM (w/ online redemeption on SQ webby)and need to spend $55.417K on PM card (you get 10K PM for paying the annual fee of $180 and another 10K PM for spending > $50K within the year.
If your spending is about about $10K+ per year, you will need about 3~4 years to clock about the required PM and also paying the annual fee of $180 to get the 10K PM.

JetStar had started flight to Osaka with stop over at Taipei.
Do look out for periodical promotion and it was only $200+ (one way) few weeks ago.:s22:

Kenylng

Reaction score
since my spending not much clocking is so hard. then no points clocking miles le might as well take cash rebates go for budget de...

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
since my spending not much clocking is so hard. then no points clocking miles le might as well take cash rebates go for budget de...

If you can get more than 2% rebate, you might as well go for the cash instead. You also get the "benefit" immediately, rather than years later.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Miles is not for everyone. It is not for those who don't fly often (and thus don't clock the miles within the FFP account).

It is also not for those who don't spend sufficient in their cards. A miles card like Citi would be interesting if you can spend easily 30 - 40K on the card yearly. This isn't going to be difficult if one travels. Accumulating say 60 - 80K on the card yearly and coupled with 50 - 80K of SQ miles will mean 160K of miles available to fly.

This easily mean 2 Econs tix to US. If you fly alone, how about a Business class Ticket to Amsterdam? Miles only begin to be fun once we cross 100K.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
Hey Inix, you might want to consider Maybank Horizon Platinum Card for overseas spendings. $1 = 2 Krisflyer miles as compared with Citi pm at $1 = 1.2 miles

malestone7469

Reaction score
Overseas spending using Maybank Visa Horizon: S$1 = 2 KFM
Using Visa to spend within Singapore: S$1 = 1.2 KFM
Using Amex at Amex Selects: S$0.512 = 1KFM
Using Amex at Platinum Partners: S$0.266 = 1KFM
Using Amex at 10+10x Plat Partners: S$0.133 = 1 KFM

i easily get about 80,000 KFM per year on my spend

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
Overseas spending using Maybank Visa Horizon: S$1 = 2 KFM
Using Visa to spend within Singapore: S$1 = 1.2 KFM

i easily get about 80,000 KFM per year on my spend

So:

Overseas spending using Maybank Visa Horizon: S$0.5 = 1 KFM
Using Visa to spend within Singapore: S$0.833= 1 KFM

Using Maybank at their partners (like Giordano, Dian xiao er etc): S$0.25 = 1KFM

malestone7469

Reaction score
So:

Overseas spending using Maybank Visa Horizon: S$0.5 = 1 KFM
Using Citi PM Visa to spend within Singapore: S$0.833= 1 KFM

Using Maybank at their partners (like Giordano, Dian xiao er etc): S$0.25 = 1KFM

Wow! Nice... :D

zjjx1977

Reaction score
also take note for DBS Altitude Amex cc, the conversion rate for krisflyer miles as same as citibank premier miles cc (1=1.2 miles). but Altitude amex card must convert in 1 block of 1000 DBS points. citi premier card doesn't have such limitation.

ShotoGuy

Reaction score
I have both citibank pm card and platinum visa card. I just realised both cards allow me to redeem miles, and the platinum card , for every citidollar converts to 2 miles compared to the pm miles which is 1? Doesnt that make the pm card kinda inferior than the platinum card? I mean of course besides the annual miles u will gain.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
I have both citibank pm card and platinum visa card. I just realised both cards allow me to redeem miles, and the platinum card , for every citidollar converts to 2 miles compared to the pm miles which is 1? Doesnt that make the pm card kinda inferior than the platinum card? I mean of course besides the annual miles u will gain.

You need to take into the account the number of $ spent to get 1 CitiDollar. For normal merchants, you will need to spend $5 to get 1 CitiDollar. Which means, effectively, you need to spend $2.50 to redeem 1 mile.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tot citi pm is $1=1.2 miles??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.