Conversion (Part-time to Full-time)

Inneart

Reaction score
HI!! Any EX part-time students (esp Btech students) managed to convert to full-time candidature (BTech to BEng) successfully? Is YES, what were your circumstances then? Is it very tough to qualify for a conversion?

MANY THANKS!

Inneart

Reaction score
OAM said they will not reveal any CONFIDENTIAL statistics. They'll always give paper answers la.

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OAM said they will not reveal any CONFIDENTIAL statistics. They'll always give paper answers la.

your purpose is to ask whether you can convert, not whether how many people have converted. If they told you it is impossible/cannot after maybe 2-3 further inquiries, you should just accept it.

I have only seen people converting from full time to part time not vice versa

DoDo

Reaction score
Hi.

From my understanding, the BTech programme more or less starts off with the second year modules of the full-time B.Eng course, since all BTech candidates automatically get "advanced placement credits of 40MCs....equivalent to one year of the full-time course".

So even if you've completed a year of the part-time BTech, converting to the full-time B.Eng would mean you'd owe the (first year's) 40MCs that you had gotten free by entering BTech. And since it doesn't make much sense to start taking basic first-year modules AFTER you've completed the intermediate 2nd year (for BEng) modules, I'm guessing such a conversion is unlikely to be possible.

Then again, this is just my opinion. Sch of Engineering would have all the answers for you.

staedtler_07

Master Member
Reaction score
Think I've asked before somewhere, for NUS, it's actually harder or near impossible to convert to full time with the BTech. An easier choice would be through NTU where both part time and full time degree are BEng.

Inneart

Reaction score
I've asked the school before. They mentioned that if results are good, the dean will consider conversion.

Inneart

Reaction score
anyone from bachelor of technology managed to changed to a full-time engineering course? If yes please share your experience, grades, etc with me!!!

staedtler_07

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like not alot? Hmm, how about we see how many people here are actually studying part time, either NTU or NUS?

Inneart

Reaction score
ya not alot. Either people are focusing on part-time w/ work OR full-time. I'm in part-time but I wanna get out and convert to full-time. Any successful candidates?

Inneart

Reaction score
HI!! Any EX part-time students (esp Btech students) managed to convert to full-time candidature (BTech to BEng) successfully? Is YES, what were your circumstances then? Is it very tough to qualify for a conversion?

MANY THANKS!

Inneart

Reaction score
I!! Any EX part-time students (esp Btech students) managed to convert to full-time candidature (BTech to BEng) successfully? Is YES, what were your circumstances then? Is it very tough to qualify for a conversion?

MANY THANKS!

Inneart

Reaction score
Any EX part-time students (esp Btech students) managed to convert to full-time candidature (BTech to BEng) successfully? Is YES, what were your circumstances then? Is it very tough to qualify for a conversion?

MANY THANKS!

Inneart

Reaction score
Any EX part-time students (esp Btech students) managed to convert to full-time candidature (BTech to BEng) successfully? Is YES, what were your circumstances then? Is it very tough to qualify for a conversion?

MANY THANKS!

Inneart

Reaction score

MANY THANKS!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.