Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbuck92

Reaction score
haeyy all..
need your advice here...
if now i use aircon only at nite for 8 to 9 hours..
do i need to get an inverter ??
how much can inverter save compare to normal aircon ?? more than $50/mth ??
if i use only 8-9hours..

thx in advance...

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you got the extra budget just for inverter.
look at the weather of this island nowadays. likely the usage pattern in future will be same like our living standard..going up and up..

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cant wait for my aircon to arrive ~~ :(

vacuum cleaner is a must, and prepare to cover my wardrobe and PC table with plastic sheet, i know sure get dusty with the drillings n stuff.....

what else should i look out for/prepare ??

Reaction score
Worthwile getting the extended warranty from Gain City?

Bty, anyone keen to find out more on Mitsubishi Electric A38 compressor, can PM me. I've got some info from Mitsubishi Electric.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cant wait for my aircon to arrive ~~ :(

vacuum cleaner is a must, and prepare to cover my wardrobe and PC table with plastic sheet, i know sure get dusty with the drillings n stuff.....

what else should i look out for/prepare ??

c them work...

Innocast

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worthwile getting the extended warranty from Gain City?

Bty, anyone keen to find out more on Mitsubishi Electric A38 compressor, can PM me. I've got some info from Mitsubishi Electric.
$400 is for how long extended warranty? for both indoor and outdoor unit??? Tot ME got 2 years for indoor and 5 years for outdoor?

I think worth it anyway, u can have peace of mind during the coverage period...... Out of warranty liao basically u can only dump away the machine as replacement of part costs big bomb cheaper to buy new one........

Reaction score
$400 is for how long extended warranty? for both indoor and outdoor unit??? Tot ME got 2 years for indoor and 5 years for outdoor?

I think worth it anyway, u can have peace of mind during the coverage period...... Out of warranty liao basically u can only dump away the machine as replacement of part costs big bomb cheaper to buy new one........

$400 is for extension to 5 years. Not sure if it includes outdoor unit but i think it should. Will clarify on that.

ME only give 1 year indoor and 5 year is only for the compressor and not the whole outdoor unit. I think that's standard among all brands.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me i believe if the electrical appliances dont give problem during the 1yr warranty period usually they can last for quite a long time so i prefer to save the money for the next new aircon system. after 5~7yrs when the unit aging start to give problem i just go change a brand new system again.
if you willing to spend the extra on the extended warranty by 3rd party just make clear and understand what type of coverage they really cover.

wackymaus75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I am doing a reno on my place and its time to consider the A/C liao...

can you guys let me know which brands are better to avoid and are there any shops or dealers I should be getting quotes from

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
goot morleng wacky korkor :o u also looking for A/C ah :s11:
ya roh. i no aircon, cannot tahan de. :o

but very confused by all the aircons out there. I like the new hitachi based just on its looks but that's probably not the best criteria to choose such an expensive appliance. :p Also considering panasonic as my parents have been using it for years with no major issues and wacky likes the ion thing they have.

wackymaus75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

but very confused by all the aircons out there. I like the new hitachi based just on its looks but that's probably not the best criteria to choose such an expensive appliance. :p Also considering panasonic as my parents have been using it for years with no major issues and wacky likes the ion thing they have.
yea.. anyone here got sexperience wib hitachi a/c ?

annai

Reaction score
Hi there, I was equally undecided whether to go inverter or not. Eventually, I settled for inverter based on the below considerations :

1. Assume a typical 30-40% power saving on your utility bills and work out the ROI needed for inverter investment ( my guage is < 3-4 years and is dependent on your power consumption )
2. Consideration for future bigger family nucleus ( more kids ). Currently my other bedrooms are under utilised but are likely to change soon.
3. Consider Electricity Bills going higher every other year
4. The price difference between inverter and non-inverter

haeyy all..
need your advice here...
if now i use aircon only at nite for 8 to 9 hours..
do i need to get an inverter ??
how much can inverter save compare to normal aircon ?? more than $50/mth ??
if i use only 8-9hours..

thx in advance...

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i also no aircon... for the past 27yrs been sleeping w/o aircon :eek:

now wanna improve quality of my life.. so i got myself a Panasonic inverter single split

it comes with the E-ION and patrol sensor...

can't wait for tml~~ :love:

hmm most probably u would like to consider a higher BTU if u are buying sys 2 or sys 3... mine only 8530 BTU but its ok, my room is small so it shouldnt take that much time to cool down the whole room... the most is 3-5mins

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually, is it better to get a single inverter aircon for the MBR and upgrade at a later time to 3 multi-split? As I anticipate that only the MBR will use the aircon on most nights and the other 2 rooms will with v light to no usage most of the time.

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also no aircon... for the past 27yrs been sleeping w/o aircon :eek:

now wanna improve quality of my life.. so i got myself a Panasonic inverter single split

it comes with the E-ION and patrol sensor...

can't wait for tml~~ :love:

hmm most probably u would like to consider a higher BTU if u are buying sys 2 or sys 3... mine only 8530 BTU but its ok, my room is small so it shouldnt take that much time to cool down the whole room... the most is 3-5mins
i cannot tahan without aircon. think your panasonic is the one that wacky likes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.