Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i got system 3 for my bedrooms but now i considering ac for living room. but i dun want to go thru the hassle of installing trunking, so is it weird if i install a window mounted ac in my living room?

Last edited:

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually, is it better to get a single inverter aircon for the MBR and upgrade at a later time to 3 multi-split? As I anticipate that only the MBR will use the aircon on most nights and the other 2 rooms will with v light to no usage most of the time.

err what the salesman told me was, must plan for future..

Lets say u install single split for MBR, then next 2-3yrs u intend to install another 2 more for the rest of the rooms.. then u might need to dismantle and take out the trunking/pipings and "re locate" the wires and water pipes......

in another words = pay more :s13: :(

another point to take note, lets say ur compressor for single split inverter is 8500-9000 BTU, and next time u wanna "add" in another 1 or 2 more aircon units in the other rooms, u might need to change the whole set again because that 8500-9000 BTU is not enough power for all units.... is under power :(

correct me if i'm wrong, guys =:p

wackymaus75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lets say u install single split for MBR, then next 2-3yrs u intend to install another 2 more for the rest of the rooms.. then u might need to dismantle and take out the trunking/pipings and "re locate" the wires and water pipes......

another point to take note, lets say ur compressor for single split inverter is 8500-9000 BTU, and next time u wanna "add" in another 1 or 2 more aircon units in the other rooms, u might need to change the whole set again because that 8500-9000 BTU is not enough power for all units.... is under power :(

sounds logical...

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ok. then 1 shot do all 3 rooms lor. :o

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

plus can only connect 1 unit at condenser only..

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok. then 1 shot do all 3 rooms lor. :o
mine is a 3rm hdb (old type)

i do single split because i consult my father abt it, he dnt want any aircon in his room.. and no point mounting it in living room...

for u, i supposed is a new house and newly married couple :p so i think is better to do a sys 3 for all rooms bah~ ;)

any for brands i would say

Mitsubishi Electric
Daikin
Panasonic

these 3 are the most preferred and stable brands...

reason why i didnt get ME and Daikin is bcoz there were no stock in Courts and Daikin is definitely out of qn, not available there...

and i'm paying by installment that's why Panasonic is my only option there..

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got system 3 for my bedrooms but now i considering ac for living room. but i dun want to go thru the hassle of installing trunking, so is it weird if i install a window mounted ac in my living room?
install wall-mounted fcu will looks nicer, plus quieter.

Hi there, I was equally undecided whether to go inverter or not. Eventually, I settled for inverter based on the below considerations :

1. Assume a typical 30-40% power saving on your utility bills and work out the ROI needed for inverter investment ( my guage is < 3-4 years and is dependent on your power consumption )
2. Consideration for future bigger family nucleus ( more kids ). Currently my other bedrooms are under utilised but are likely to change soon.
3. Consider Electricity Bills going higher every other year
4. The price difference between inverter and non-inverter

if u hav more budget, than go for inverter..

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i do single split because i consult my father abt it, he dnt want any aircon in his room.. and no point mounting it in living room...

for u, i supposed is a new house and newly married couple :p so i think is better to do a sys 3 for all rooms bah~ ;)

Mitsubishi Electric
Daikin
Panasonic

reason why i didnt get ME and Daikin is bcoz there were no stock in Courts and Daikin is definitely out of qn, not available there...

Fairprice Xtra got Daikin..:D

yup..correct! Daikin, Panasonic, ME is the most preferred choice..

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mitsubishi Electric
Daikin
Panasonic

ours is resale flat. but the old aircon is v koyak so need to change.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fairprice canot installment mah.. if can also need CC which i dont own one..

:o

initially wanted Daikin but was reading this thread and found many info abt ME..

Panasonic is all along my fav brand so i go for it~!

here i go again..

21"" CR TV, house phone, cordless phone, washing machine all Panasonic brand :p

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:eek: fairprice sells aircon? I didn't know that.

are there any recommended shops to get the aircon? more concerned about the installation. heard gaincity is cheap but installation not v good...

Slammer

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good company or freelancer who provides reliable copper pipe replacement services?

I suspect the concealed copper pipes to one of my fcu is leaking(after doing pressure test), therefore need to replace them. The distance of the fcu from the compressor is quite long, going through a riser from first to third storey.

One of the companies I engaged says it is impossible to change the pipes. I am trying very hard not to have to re-route the pipes externally or having to install a separate condenser near to the room as it will be very unsightly.

I was thinking whether it is possible to change a new set of pipes by soldering the leading end of the new pipe to the trailing end of the old pipe and pulling the leading end of the old pipe out of its insulation until the new pipe fills the original insulation. Anyone tried this and knows it works, even through slight bends?

hart

Reaction score

are there any recommended shops to get the aircon? more concerned about the installation. heard gaincity is cheap but installation not v good...

Hi, u can try getting the Panasonic latest K series system 3 inverter from Parissilk. Cost around $2721+110 for stainless steel bracket. I bought this and got them to install last week. So far so good no issues, very good. :)

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks! then I guess we'll go for panasonic. :)

noted wib tanks !
u welcome...:)

only wit "Xtra".. amk hub, jurong point.

mine brought from fairprice xtra, installer from trends. workmanship is gd.:)

use 1 year liao, no problem.. except tat the piping inside the trucking not straight, so wil sort of sweating outside the trunking. got it solve myself.:D

Slammer

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend a good company or freelancer who provides reliable copper-pipe replacement service?

The copper pipes to one of my fcu is suspected to be leaking (after pressure test). The copper pipes are concealed and are quite long - travelling though a riser from the first to third storey.

A company I engaged recently said that it is impossible to replace the pipes in this case. But I am trying very hard not to run the new pipes externally or install a new compressor unit near the room as it will be very unsightly.

I was thinking whether it is possible to replace the leaking pipes by soldering the leading end of the new pipe to the trailing end of the leaking pipe, then pull out the leading end of the old pipe from its insulator until the new pipe completely replaces the new pipe, all without changing the insulator. This method, if it works, can possibly be used to replace the length of pipe going through the riser where the space is very tight and inaccessible.

Does anyone have any experience with such a method of replacing leaking copper pipes?

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only wit "Xtra".. amk hub, jurong point.

mine brought from fairprice xtra, installer from trends. workmanship is gd.:)

use 1 year liao, no problem.. except tat the piping inside the trucking not straight, so wil sort of sweating outside the trunking. got it solve myself.:D
oh, can buy from fairprice but get someone else to install? fairprice doesn't do installation? is their pricing competitive? can earn linkpoints mah?

paiseh to have so many questions as I'm really blur about aircons. Thought will go through our contractor but he said his aircon guy not free so now need to source ourselves. then need aircon 2 weeks later. :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.