Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually, is it better to get a single inverter aircon for the MBR and upgrade at a later time to 3 multi-split? As I anticipate that only the MBR will use the aircon on most nights and the other 2 rooms will with v light to no usage most of the time.
how long is your later time? 1yr, 2yrs, 3yrs?
let say now market price for aircon
sys1 $1100
sys3 $2800

if your later time is long like few years then i will go for sys1 now and save the $1700. few years later if need the upgrade then top up the money and go for a brand new sys3.

if the utilization is low then it make more sense to go for sys1 first then upgrade later but get ready for the installation mess again.
to me why spend money and install something i think i not going to make good utilize and come a white elephant? if want install can but try to use them often so i can justify the thousand of dollar i spent on them.
maybe can consider a cheaper non inverter sys1 with 3 Green Ticks if going for a upgrade in future.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, can buy from fairprice but get someone else to install? fairprice doesn't do installation? is their pricing competitive? can earn linkpoints mah?

paiseh to have so many questions as I'm really blur about aircons. Thought will go through our contractor but he said his aircon guy not free so now need to source ourselves. then need aircon 2 weeks later. :s22:
fairprice hav installer, from TRENDS. yeah..price competitive too. u can go check.

yup, sure can earn tons of linkpoints!

$1 = 150 linkpoints.

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long is your later time? 1yr, 2yrs, 3yrs?
let say now market price for aircon
sys1 $1100
sys3 $2800

if your later time is long like few years then i will go for sys1 now and save the $1700. few years later if need the upgrade then top up the money and go for a brand new sys3.

if the utilization is low then it make more sense to go for sys1 first then upgrade later but get ready for the installation mess again.
to me why spend money and install something i think i not going to make good utilize and come a white elephant? if want install can but try to use them often so i can justify the thousand of dollar i spent on them.
maybe can consider a cheaper non inverter sys1 with 3 Green Ticks if going for a upgrade in future.
ohh, thanks for the different perspective.

Actually, I think more like 4-5 years later. Our boy is only 4 months old and likely to sleep in the MBR with us. Don't think will feel safe putting him alone in his room with the door close and the aircon on till he's much older, like 4-5 years later. If move him to his own room, we might not even use the aircon in the MBR cos will worry cannot hear him if he cries as the door will be close... The spare bedroom will likely be used by guests or ILs. Don't anticipate many guests and ILs don't like aircons so doubt we will use it much.

That's why I was thinking maybe only just install in MBR first. Then 4-5 years later then install aircon in the other 2 rooms, if needed. By then, maybe our MBR aircon not as good, can upgrade all at same time to multi-split.

But advice here is not to do so... I think installation mess shouldn't be too bad. Just for 1-2 days, right?

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fairprice hav installer, from TRENDS. yeah..price competitive too. u can go check.

yup, sure can earn tons of linkpoints!

$1 = 150 linkpoints.
thanks. :) then must bring inlaws along for the purchase if we do get from fairprice since I don't collect linkpoints. :p

wackymaus75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohh, thanks for the different perspective.

Actually, I think more like 4-5 years later. Our boy is only 4 months old and likely to sleep in the MBR with us. Don't think will feel safe putting him alone in his room with the door close and the aircon on till he's much older, like 4-5 years later. If move him to his own room, we might not even use the aircon in the MBR cos will worry cannot hear him if he cries as the door will be close... The spare bedroom will likely be used by guests or ILs. Don't anticipate many guests and ILs don't like aircons so doubt we will use it much.

That's why I was thinking maybe only just install in MBR first. Then 4-5 years later then install aircon in the other 2 rooms, if needed. By then, maybe our MBR aircon not as good, can upgrade all at same time to multi-split.

But advice here is not to do so... I think installation mess shouldn't be too bad. Just for 1-2 days, right?
can use a/c once we move him back bah..
just have to get a bb monitor lor..
anyway, you know ur A/C habit de....

Reaction score
Just to share my experience on ME since I dugged out my records. I got a 26,000BTU condenser with indoor units 9k, 9k, 12k in 2004. It was not cold from day 1 and slightly after 1year, the thermister gave way in 2 of the 3 indoor units.

This was just after the manufacturer's warranty. Called up ME service line and got them to resolve it. They were embarassed by my experience that they gave me a 50% discount for the charges. As with all manufacturer's service team, their labour charges are exhorbitant.

A few months later, I had problems with the condenser. I.e the outdoor unit. As it was not the compressor itself, this was not covered by ME either.

You can imagine my huge disappointment with ME. It was the largest BTU at that time and was the latest model then.

Now that it has finally died, I was determined to buy anything but ME. Unfortunately, the rest are able to only have about 30,000BTU. So now I'm again forced to get a ME.

I've also spoken to ME on how to remove the default ampere limit and they have been very helpful. In fact, both Daikin and ME were helpful in answering queries. If the person didn't know the answer, they would get their engineer to call you back later. That was very reassuring.

So finally going to place an order for the ME A38 model. i.e 38,000BTU and get the extended warranty. I've been told it covers any problems on the equipment for 5 years including the condenser (labour, parts, transport charges all covered). So will see the fine print before signing it.

annai

Reaction score
Installer provided G24 , Brand Izumi ( Jap brand ) copper piping. For insulator, standard 3/8" insulation also.

That's a very good price. Not stated for insulator, will update once they installed.

I understand Mitsubishi support the 1/2",1/4" and 3/8" insulation.

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my aircon contractor called me this afternoon..

told me that the installing team and electrical team will be here anytime frm 1-3pm..

so excited now~ :s22: but the cleaning part will be "fun" too :s13::(:s13:

Slammer

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend a good company or freelancer who provides reliable copper-pipe replacement service?

The copper pipes to one of my fcu is suspected to be leaking (after pressure test). The copper pipes are concealed and are quite long - travelling though a riser from the first to third storey.

A company I engaged recently said that it is impossible to replace the pipes in this case. But I am trying very hard not to run the new pipes externally or install a new compressor unit near the room as it will be very unsightly.

I was thinking whether it is possible to replace the leaking pipes by soldering the leading end of the new pipe to the trailing end of the leaking pipe, then pull out the leading end of the old pipe from its insulator until the new pipe completely replaces the new pipe, all without changing the insulator. This method, if it works, can possibly be used to replace the length of pipe going through the riser where the space is very tight and inaccessible.

Does anyone have any experience with such a method of replacing leaking copper pipes?

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my electrician is reaching in another 20mins time to install power points.... aircon man will reach later :eek: prolly in the afternoon.. :( how i wish can get it done soon....

miyamew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Telur jiejie

power point done, now waiting for aircon team to come down install at 3.30pm :(

no mah ... yesterday i at work.. today on leave ma~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.