The Contact Lenses Thread

evoked87

Master Member
Reaction score
SG shops no diff meh? U go neighbourhood 1 and shopping mall see... one sell $80 other sell $90+... unless $10 is no big deal la. RM is 120... S$50! wah $30 cheaper for 1 mth toric. Go there buy looks good, but not sure if got mine on the spot since degree & astig high.

Casing no need wash unless you want to, but need to air dry, have to change once every 1-3mths.

I wearing monthlies now with astig, sucks, 1min clear 1 min blurred out... cmi, want to change to dailies already. But dailies astig 1.75 max, i 2.25, dunno if will big diff or not. Any advices?

Last edited:

Cerberus88

Reaction score
Guys ask you all ah i'm using Air optix Toric for awhile already and i feel that its abit too expensive already as i'm paying 90 for 3 months ...

i'm thinking of changing to biomedic toric since i checked that the Diameter(14.5) , Base Curve(8,7) , Cylinder(-1.25) , Axis(20) , Power all same as my Air Optix Toric

comments will be very helpful to me :p anyway are the 2 lens made from the same material as i'm worry that it might be like last time i remember when i just start to use Air Optix Toric my eyes turn red after 1 hr of using my optometrist encourage me to wear it longer hours and use it everyday so that my eyes can get adapt to it slowly my eyes got use to it ler

lastly are Biomedic lens any good ?? hehe appreciate all your help :D

aldric12

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys ask you all ah i'm using Air optix Toric for awhile already and i feel that its abit too expensive already as i'm paying 90 for 3 months ...

i'm thinking of changing to biomedic toric since i checked that the Diameter(14.5) , Base Curve(8,7) , Cylinder(-1.25) , Axis(20) , Power all same as my Air Optix Toric

comments will be very helpful to me :p anyway are the 2 lens made from the same material as i'm worry that it might be like last time i remember when i just start to use Air Optix Toric my eyes turn red after 1 hr of using my optometrist encourage me to wear it longer hours and use it everyday so that my eyes can get adapt to it slowly my eyes got use to it ler

lastly are Biomedic lens any good ?? hehe appreciate all your help :D

Biomedic toric(Copper Vision's) is the same as Soflens66 toric(B&L) (Just different country Lens) for more detail you can check though there web. If you think of getting a better lens why not try the new launch of Bioinfinity toric it's a sillicon hydrogel lens which is much better for the corner to have a better air intake + Much longer hour wear then normal lens.

Cerberus88

Reaction score
Biomedic toric(Copper Vision's) is the same as Soflens66 toric(B&L) (Just different country Lens) for more detail you can check though there web. If you think of getting a better lens why not try the new launch of Bioinfinity toric it's a sillicon hydrogel lens which is much better for the corner to have a better air intake + Much longer hour wear then normal lens.

oooh cool thank you guys ~ thats what my optometrist told me too biomedic lens the oxygen inside is really low air optix is so much better :) thanks guys ~ i'm thinking of using the bioinfinity as well ~ i'm waiting to seee the reviews

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SG shops no diff meh? U go neighbourhood 1 and shopping mall see... one sell $80 other sell $90+... unless $10 is no big deal la. RM is 120... S$50! wah $30 cheaper for 1 mth toric. Go there buy looks good, but not sure if got mine on the spot since degree & astig high.

Casing no need wash unless you want to, but need to air dry, have to change once every 1-3mths.

I wearing monthlies now with astig, sucks, 1min clear 1 min blurred out... cmi, want to change to dailies already. But dailies astig 1.75 max, i 2.25, dunno if will big diff or not. Any advices?

is it becoz you wearing 8.7.... ask for 8.6.
It will be better as it can easily rotate for your astig.

vodaboy

Reaction score
Toric need to order, don't think any of the shop keep stock. I went to a few shops at JB City Square all told me need to order.

They are legit shops as far as I know, I mean they are not like some ulu optical shop on some street but in the shopping centre. The lenses should be supplied from the same source, the boxes are exactly the same for my focus dailies.

This Is Fate

Reaction score
Toric need to order, don't think any of the shop keep stock. I went to a few shops at JB City Square all told me need to order.

They are legit shops as far as I know, I mean they are not like some ulu optical shop on some street but in the shopping centre. The lenses should be supplied from the same source, the boxes are exactly the same for my focus dailies.

hi can i have the names of the legit shops? thinking of going jb to buy my contact lens but worried they might sell fake goods

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I went to City Sq JB, I saw their toric lens are 8.8....
why so high...... it meant for bigger eyes (according to my optician)

warhunter

Reaction score
Focus dailies factory in Singapore. That's why packaging same. 8.8 means for flatter corneas. The higher the basecurve the flatter the cornea. Package is different if the lenses are for different region. Depends on individual lens companies.Case can be rinsed with warm water and soap every 1 week to remove any slimy stuff with a soft bristle brush. Hard bristle will scratch the case and would allow bacteria to grow. Even if u use aosept also try to use a soft brush to clean e case every week. Also replace case every 1 month. Solutions opened should be replaced every 3 months. Saline opened should be replaced after 1 month.

warhunter

Reaction score

Ask your optometrist to do a lens fit for you lo. its required by the law anyway. get him to find the perfect fit for you before you buy lo?

lwswilson1988

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering which contact lens' brand do u guys recommend out of these 3?

Namely,cibavision,bausch+lomb,coopervision. Do state the specific names and price ranges of the contact lens.

I m looking for contact lens that meet the following requirements:
1) Monthly wear
2) Normal contacts lenses(without colours or astig)
3) Suitable for dry eyes
4) Suitable to wear for long hours

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a serious question here..

as you all know that selling contacts lenses online is illegal.

How do i report a blogshop that is selling contact lenses?

The blogshop have been collecting order and i dont want to see our poor friend buying from that shop and getting eye infection or something..:(

found an article about it

http://www.safeblogshopper.com/2010...ated-eye-lenses-cause-big-time-infection.html

Last edited:

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.