Aztech powerline HL110EW weird issues, pls help..

blueside

Reaction score
You NEED a router if u wan desktop and laptop to be online

Hmm. Sound like it. The Hubstation is just a modem while the EW is a wireless extender. So far, there has been no router in my setup which explains why only 1 device can grab the ip at ANY 1 time.

Haiz.

gn2807

Master Member
Reaction score
My one initially working fine, when I off it, on the next day, the 1st 2 led lights up but not all.

I have to power off and on several times to have all the LEDs turned on.

Do I need to wait when I turn it on?

Btw, the unit is on the latest firmware.

mosasoma

Reaction score
i have problems pairing up the homeplugs .i tried various methods even to the point of doing factory reset but still cannot . any help?

mydelta

Reaction score
I can't use wireless by the EW, anyone also facing same problem???

I also had a hard time setting up my connection thru cable out of hubstation.

blueside

Reaction score
I can't use wireless by the EW, anyone also facing same problem???

I also had a hard time setting up my connection thru cable out of hubstation.

you probably need a router as I've the same setup as you using the hubstation.

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am using a Dlink 2640T modem cum router can I use these Aztech powerline plugs. Tks.

blueside

Reaction score
Thanks to bros liangtam & whaleshark87 for pointing me to the right direction, I managed to get my setup working last night.

My connection issue is due to a missing router in my setup. So I bought a $29 cable/DSL router from SLS & everything just works.

Hubstaion <=> Router <=> EW <~> Notebook, iPhone, PS3
<-> E <=> PC

<=> Ethernet
<-> Powerline
<~> Wireless

Last edited:

standup

Reaction score
Finally got the HL110EW working, with the new firmware posted by Aztech. For the life of me, couldnt figure out why it couldn't connect to the internet, although I could access my LAN computers. phew

CyberMew

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what's the changes here for HL110EW FW v 201.2.4-01_219.2.2-002?

and does this solve the problem with the homeplug wireless "locking up/hang" after some time being connected?

z3r0cool81

Reaction score
To all Aztech HL110EW users,

A new firmware has been released to our ftp server today 3rd June 2010. The address link for the download of the new firmware can be located at :

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/SINGAPORE/HomePlug/HL110EW FW v 201.4-01_219.2.2-001.zip

FIRMWARE UPGRADE INSTRUCTION

1. Download the latest firmware from the following ftp link

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/SINGAPORE/HomePlug/HL110EW FW v 201.4-01_219.2.2-001.zip

2. Firmware will include 3 files

Homeplug AV Configuration filename : 206.2.4-01.pib

Homeplug AV Firmware filename : int6000-v4.01-0-1-B-FINAL.nvm

Wireless Firmware filename : 219.2.2-001.img

3. Save these 3 files into 1 folder to where you can easily locate during the FIRMWARE upgrade

4. Connect the device to the computer where you are using the HomePlug AV Wireless N Extender utility

5. Open HomePlug AV Wireless N Extender utility v4.01.58

clipboard02b.jpg

6. Under Firmware Upgrade tab click "Upgrade" button. You will be prompted to select the location of the latest firmware

7. After you select the location of the latest firmware, the upgrade will immediately start.

8. During Firmware Upgrade DO NOT turn OFF or RESET the device.

9. When process is complete the unit will reboot.

10. Hit the reset button for 3 seconds to reset to factory default settings.

reset.jpg

Fixes

The new firmware resolves the IP address conflict with 192.168.1.1 networks

Aztech HQ

Hi Aztech HQ,

I got the 110E & 110EW quite a while back. Everything was working fine but occasional internet connection drop for my sister's vista laptop on wireless. It however connects back on it own, somehow, so I think much into it.

Recently I did an upgrade on my own desktop from WinXP to Win7 and it seems that wherever 110EW is turn on, any win7 computer (desktop or laptop) would not be able to access the internet. Once 110EW is turned off, everything works fine again.

I performed the above firmware upgrade but the same problems still arises. I am currently posting this message with my 110EW turned off.

I hope you could help me with my problem. Thank you.

My current setup is:
Singnet telephone line -> Linksys router -> 110E -> Wall Socket

Wall Socket -> 110EW

Aztech HQ

Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

I got the 110E & 110EW quite a while back. Everything was working fine but occasional internet connection drop for my sister's vista laptop on wireless. It however connects back on it own, somehow, so I think much into it.

Recently I did an upgrade on my own desktop from WinXP to Win7 and it seems that wherever 110EW is turn on, any win7 computer (desktop or laptop) would not be able to access the internet. Once 110EW is turned off, everything works fine again.

I performed the above firmware upgrade but the same problems still arises. I am currently posting this message with my 110EW turned off.

I hope you could help me with my problem. Thank you.

My current setup is:
Singnet telephone line -> Linksys router -> 110E -> Wall Socket

Wall Socket -> 110EW

Hi z3r0cool81,

Kindly PM us a number where we can reach you to assist you to diagnose and rectify the issue.

Did you reset it after flashing with the new firmware ?

Aztech HQ

Turalyon

Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

I am experiencing the problem with my 110E and 110EW sets when I am connecting my windows xp netbook to the 100EW. After browsing the internet for a few minutes (20-30 mins), the netbook will not be able to access the internet or the LAN network. Pings to my gateway are also lost. After releasing the IP for the netbook and renewing, the netbook is no longer able to acquire a new IP.

I do not have problems with my desktop PC which is connected via Wifi but to my wireless router and not to the homeplug during this entire period. Can you let me know what is the issue? Thanks.

Aztech HQ

Reaction score
Hi Aztech HQ,

I am experiencing the problem with my 110E and 110EW sets when I am connecting my windows xp netbook to the 100EW. After browsing the internet for a few minutes (20-30 mins), the netbook will not be able to access the internet or the LAN network. Pings to my gateway are also lost. After releasing the IP for the netbook and renewing, the netbook is no longer able to acquire a new IP.

I do not have problems with my desktop PC which is connected via Wifi but to my wireless router and not to the homeplug during this entire period. Can you let me know what is the issue? Thanks.

Hi Turalyon,

Just to clarify, are you trying to connect via wired or wireless with the HL110EW ?

Can you advise me on the brand model of your wireless router ? If your router IP address is 192.168.1.1, it will be necessary to upgrade the firmware of the HL110EW which it will assign a different IP address to the HL110EW. The default IP address that has been assigned is 192.1681.1 resulting on the IP address conflict. If you do not intend to upgrade your firmware, the only fix will be changing the IP address of your router.

It be helpful if you could PM us a number to reach you so that our engineer will walk thru with you a series of steps to rectify it.

Aztech HQ

Turalyon

Reaction score
Hi Turalyon,

Just to clarify, are you trying to connect via wired or wireless with the HL110EW ?

Can you advise me on the brand model of your wireless router ? If your router IP address is 192.168.1.1, it will be necessary to upgrade the firmware of the HL110EW which it will assign a different IP address to the HL110EW. The default IP address that has been assigned is 192.1681.1 resulting on the IP address conflict. If you do not intend to upgrade your firmware, the only fix will be changing the IP address of your router.

It be helpful if you could PM us a number to reach you so that our engineer will walk thru with you a series of steps to rectify it.

Aztech HQ

I am connecting via wireless. My router is a zyxel router and the modem is a aztech one that comes with the Singtel contract, not sure of the model, but they are both not using 192.168.1.1. Thanks

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Set a manual static IP into your laptop first.
If there are no more issues in connectivity, you may need to reinstall certain component of Windows, esp DHCP part, or everything

Turalyon

Reaction score
Set to static, didn't work. After a while, I am still unable to surf or connect to my other computers in the home network.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.