Any1 suffering from Gout?

gameboy234

Reaction score
What is gout?
Gout occurs when there are abnormal, elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and tissues. When uric acid accumulates in the blood and tissues, it can crystallize in a joint, forming tiny, jagged, needle-shaped crystals. Urid acid crystals then trigger an intense inflammatory response and a reaction from the immune system that causes a painful arthritis condition called a gout attack. Gout commonly affects the big toe, but other joints or surrounding tissues of the instep, ankle, knee, wrist, elbow and fingers can also be affected.

I think i have problem with gout. Is there any test which can pinpoint whether i suffering from gout or isit based on the symptom?

I feel pain/swell in my joint of big toe, hip, knee. It happen randomly.

Any1 else also suffering? Come share ur experience..

Nirvani

Reaction score
Go to a doc.. they will take a blood test. Do you eat a lot of crabs and seafood?

gameboy234

Reaction score
I abit pui compare to the past. Fats all gather at tummy area.
I dun ctrl my diet, eat freely, more of meat .

I have been trying to go jogging, but disrupt by the swell/pain. When i thought i'm fit/alright i go jog, then after 2-3 days the pain come. Wah lao, like that how to jog regularly..

j0ules

Reaction score
gout used to be known as the rich man's disease.. due to the fact that rich man get good food.. however ppl now do enjoy food that are rather nutritious..

as mentioned, it'll trigger off a inflammatory action(palpable warmth/tenderness), usually on joints..

treatment is usually thru the administration of NSAIDs (gotta see doc).. however, one still has to move his/her affected joint.. because movement of the joint will promote circulations to the joints, aiding the recovery from the inflammation of it.. hope it helps..

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
I've got a cousin same case as you, overweight and no exercise, got hard gout swellings at the finger and toe joints, seen doc, doc tells him to control diet, but he doesn't really follow strictly, so he's still suffering from it with it loh.

gameboy234

Reaction score
I'm not really overweight. 3-4 yrs ago 65kg. Now 70+ kg. Compared to the past, i workout lesser and eat alot more(supper and meat), i also ate apple almost daily.

For my case is not hard gout, it swell and after few days it will go away.
Hard gout is those bigger and hard swell isiz? Does it go away after few days?

mr_8415

Reaction score
Hi Ts,

Im suffering from gout since 17yo where most attack came on the big toe.
Initially i thought i have sprained my toe from a soccer game until i did a blood test where even the doc couldnt believe it.
Bad news for you.Gout is incurable but it can be controlled with a strict diet.No alcohol,red meat,nuts/bean related stuff,salmon,tuna,etc etc.Gout is also one of the factor which leads to heart attack.Scare already?So pls do not eat whatever that is high in purine.
Some advice to you.
1.hydrate yrself,drink alot of water(didnt get any gout attack during 2yr of national slavery,probably with the water parades)
2.Do not stave yrself(staving will increase the uric acid level in yr body)
3.If jogging triggers the attack then probably its yr weight.try cycling.
4.sleep without aircon,keep your feet warm.

take care

gameboy234

Reaction score
mr_8415 thx for ur advice. I noticed my intake of water is low too.
For big toe, mine is will swell at the base of the foot near the joint connecting the big toe and the foot.
I will walk awkwardly and limp abit in the morning and the condition improve as the time goes during the day.
So this is gout? Cause i nv been to a doctor, i did some reading thru the net, and found out this is the closest. It can't be sports as it can happen without doing anything.

captnj

Master Member
Reaction score
Water is imporant for everything. So getting high quality water aside... here is what you need to do to fix gout.

Stop eating processed meats. Its not meat that gives you gout, its CRAP meat. Chicken nuggets are NOT meat, bak-kua is NOT meat, saussages are NOT meat. Eat meat, just not the nonsense kind. The world's highest rates of gout is in Germany i.e. land of saussage (crap meat)

Also you need a proper multi vitamin that boosts liver detoxification. For clients with gout at my center, I use Multi-Intense. . For men and post menopausal women, choose the iron free version.

My own dad had gout for many years especially while working in the middle east (crap meat) but once hes back home he eats alot better and no gout attacks for 2 years following the steps above.

gameboy234

Reaction score
Now that u speak about crap meat, i do take nuggets quite often cause it is easily counted as one dish for my dinner.

Saw cherries help on the net, i dun seem to see any cherry juice at supermarket.

DarthRevan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cherry juice are not easy to find..and cherries fruit itself is available at certain supermarkets only depending on season..its natural and works wonders

LittleSparkles

Reaction score
5 years ago, I had 2 gout attacks. The pain was intense and if you got one around the big toe, walking would be near impossible.

Gout causes could be (1) dietary e.g. alcohol, consuming too much purine-rich vegetables e.g. beans, (2) poor physical shape, (3) genetics and (4) if one is suffering from other medical problems. For me, it's a combination of dietary, being in poor physical shape and being over weight.

I would suggest working on your diet first. Stay clear of those food that could induce gout. Once the swell subsides (with injection and medication), start an exercise regime to get in better shape.

WorldpeaceX

Reaction score
i suffered gout for almost 3 years. even during my NS life, advice for u.

lose weight if u are overweight

keep track of what u eat, i'm sure there is a list of food to avoid when gout occurs,

drink more water can flush out the acid that become crytal and attack your joint,

have enough sleep, meaning to say. at least 7 hours of good sleep.

wish u all the best!

gammahl

Reaction score
cherry juice are not easy to find..and cherries fruit itself is available at certain supermarkets only depending on season..its natural and works wonders

Yes dark red cherry is very good for anti inflammation so it's good for gout , arthritis. I know this supplement that has high contents of that and is good for these problems. Pm me if interested. Just sharing what I know

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.