Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

J.M.FireZ

Master Member
Reaction score
btw..any intro for gd reliable instructor picking up at bukit batok mrt?
Do not wish to incur further cost on traveling leh..

thanks in advance for suggestion ya..

hellohello777

Reaction score
if u are not stable enough... how u pass? beside pass or not depend on you stable or not and the TP and not him

doesnt matter what you say. you dont know what im dealing with. its not about the driving skills, but about the honesty.

dunstalkme

Reaction score
i took my tp last tuesday and failed with 24 points. 6 points are my own mistakes, the other 18 I can say its caused by my instructor. He never teach me to check blind spot while parking, to on signal light while parking, NEVER teach me or MENTION anything about e-Brake, always grumbling that I never go for enough lessons before taking TP. its hard to book a time with this instructor. each time i call, its either he dont pick up, or that he says he will call me back blah blah blah and he NEVER did.

He never teach me about blind spots most probably he very very gan jeong his own car, he said my top priority is to make sure i don't mount or touch kerb while parking. kpkb when i look at the rear view mirror to confirm safety, "don't look there lah!" when i pull up the hand brake he kp me for pulling it too hard and will damage his precious car. never ever mentioned anyting abt e-brake prob becos doing e-brake will depreciate his brake. the tp told me that its no use if i could get thru the circuit and everything if i dont take care of safety. he said i fared extremely bad during the directional change which i only look at the right view mirror (as taught by my instructor). and oh ya! and he only taught me how to move off from uphill ONE DAY BEFORE MY TP. and refuses to let me practise more. end up the 2nd time I did it was during the warm-up in the circuit and third time was during the TP itself. Can't help but think that his absent-mindedness is a result of his drinking habits (see below). and 2 days before the TP he got into an accident end up I had to drive some old car from his insurance company, where the brake is unresponsive, hard to engage gear and the half-clutch point is alot higher, more like 3/4 clutch pt. and on the day of TP itself it was raining so so heavily. like telling me that everything is well set up for my perfect failure haha.

anyway i only know this instructor as Mr Lim, always meet and drop off at chinese garden mrt station. 66 years old, he's quite tanned and thin, driving a grey mitsubishi lancer. the worst thing is he drinks alcohol EVERYDAY, EVEN WHILE TEACHING. there were many instances where he made me stop by some coffeeshop so he could go get some alcohol in before continuing. now i dunno whether I shud continue taking lessons under him or change an instructor. cos now i know my main problems are my blind spots and the tester said while he could not pass me, there was actually nothing fundamentally wrong abt my driving skills and techniques. how? any suggestions whether i shud continue under him?

LOL sounds like my ex-instructor, pls do change! I was dumb enough to change like after 2 times of tries already. Then i gave up

yllas1984

Reaction score
I just passed my driving today! Under this instructor Mr Cai! his passing rate is quite high and i think he teaches very well! He used the textbook and points out my mistake very accurately. He is also very patient and not talkative like other instructor who craps and complain alot. Plus, this is the first time I'm taught under him and i passed!

My previous instructor was a total crap! He didn't even teach me correctly and thus causing me to fail a few times! Until I read a forum recommendation on this instructor and I decided to call him to fix an appointment. Seriously he's very good!

:) you're interested please pm me! he teaches at bbdc and pick up point is at bukit gombak mrt.

Btw he teaches for one hour per session, unlike my past instructor 1.5hrs is simply too draggy and waste of time circling the stupid route. It's $26 per hr and he has his own private circuit so it's good :)

hihi may i have his contact number please thanks =)
or u may email me at sally_buta@hotmail.com
Thanks!

ilovemyangel

Reaction score
I just passed my driving today! Under this instructor Mr Cai! his passing rate is quite high and i think he teaches very well! He used the textbook and points out my mistake very accurately. He is also very patient and not talkative like other instructor who craps and complain alot. Plus, this is the first time I'm taught under him and i passed!

My previous instructor was a total crap! He didn't even teach me correctly and thus causing me to fail a few times! Until I read a forum recommendation on this instructor and I decided to call him to fix an appointment. Seriously he's very good!

:) you're interested please pm me! he teaches at bbdc and pick up point is at bukit gombak mrt.

Btw he teaches for one hour per session, unlike my past instructor 1.5hrs is simply too draggy and waste of time circling the stupid route. It's $26 per hr and he has his own private circuit so it's good :)

haha thanks everyone for your suggestion. i've decided to heed your advices and change instructor. i just PMed you for ur instructor's contact...thanks in advance. cheers!

Kinichi

Reaction score
Hi,

For those who want to learn class 3, can contact Mr Tan @ 96445226. He is a very good instructor who is friendly, yet will point to your mistakes and correct them.
I was taught by him and pass in 1st attempt.

coolman628

Reaction score

Hi may i know his ride is auto or manual. Can provide his number?

DestinyxX

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking for manual instructor. I'm staying at Bedok reservoir. So is in the middle of Bedok and Tampines. Haha, got any good good instructor to recommend? :D

J.M.FireZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiyoh, Bukit Gombak and Bukit Batok not that far leh. lol.

true la..but i nid to take 2 rides to combak from my home..n 2 rides back home...
total 4 rides... bus fare not cheap too...:s13:
so..any instructor who can pick up from batok mrt to intro?..

cheers:)

kimkim85

Reaction score
he is the fcccuker that teach me manual half way and change to auto car. sometimes teach halfway sleep and teach halfway wind down window and smoke. good luck to whoever going to learn from him

Beware of this ****er mr NG always like to sing song in car + window down and smoke heng after awhile i decide to change instr ... now i pass my tp

Enthusiastic learner

Reaction score
Unreliable private instructor

Hi all,

thought I should share this with all of you looking for a private instructor. It is very, very important get good and patient instructor who will understand your ability help you out throughout the lesson no matter how long it takes before sitting for the test. You paid for it to learn how to drive.

I had been practising with Mr Lim Eng Soon, passing rate 42% for a few months. Very disappointing with his attitude. He whistles, does alot of smses while you're driving and sometimes read the newspaper while you are attempting your first try for parking. If you are unable to do it well, for the first time, he would get very pissed and would tell you off that the practice is over and never bothers to give you another chance to redo til' the next practice. And that happens not more than 5 lessons!

He would tell you that you are a slow learner, a fast learner would have been able to pass by 30 lessons.. Most of the time he instructs me without looking, because he was busy(with his mobile or chatting on the phone) which means he wasn't looking only when you are about to make a mistake, then will he react and start raising his voice.. He expects you to know everything at once.. Not everyone is that fast! When asked to monitor how I drive, he would simply said, I have to be independent. Due to my silliness, I continued with him thinking that I am really that bad so it is my own fault, only to know that most of his students passed after over 50 lessons and some are more than 70 lessons...

I've spent almost 2k on him and finally decided to leave because I don't see myself learning if he keeps shouting and making you feel so low.. His reason is: He has make an effort to help and he expects you to accept his attitude to work hand in hand.. Well, we can tolerate but to a certain extend as we PAY to learn not to be scolded..

All the best in getting a good instructor!

sunkisses

Reaction score
any recommendations for auto private driving instructors who teach near bbdc area? Anyone under Mr Tan Ser Chwee before? TIA :)

happier

Reaction score
dont engage with william, 90215833. he teach manual, pick at yck, registered in ubi. very dishonest. he will cheat your money. wont let u pass, will keep u as a student forever.

I read your post on sgforum and I see what the administrators did! I fully support you to tell people here in detail about the story! Dishonesty is much worse than not teaching well!

Last edited:

happier

Reaction score
if u are not stable enough... how u pass? beside pass or not depend on you stable or not and the TP and not him

Are you this PDI's family member? I am watching this topic and you are always saying songs of him. But actually I heard a lot negative feedbacks after people engaged with him!!!??? Initially he is good, but not after several lessons. People always changing. maybe he was good at your time which was so many years ago, but not now. Please do not mislead people here again!

flakkgot

Reaction score
hey anybody heard of a particular driving instructor named chew bock? he drives a red nissan sunny manual.. hes my PDI currently..

dxnemesisxb

Reaction score
I passed today!! First attempt pass! i was taught by this instructor, Mr Chia Lik How, his number is 96526146, but i learn in ubi..he is will teach u using textbook which i find it very helpful.

hope it helps :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.